The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by orange1234
do you need all your work experience references????

Ideally yes, remember they only want references from work experiences 3 years ago or sooner. If you don't bring all your references on the day its not the end of the world, its just that your offer will be held until its all provided. The official deadline for all documents is 1st June. I got this information from the interview information pdf provided on an invitation email.
To those who sent references after interview, did the admissions team confirm that they have received your references?

In addition to this, how long did it take for the original references to arrive back to you?

p.s.: I think that royal mail has lost my references because when I track my letter it tells me that the last update was over a week ago and the last recorded location is the post office that I posted from.
I did work experience in Africa and I have a reference for it, the letter is typed up in english but the letter head is in another language.....does anyone know if this is accepted??! The Doctor wrote his name and address at the bottom in English
Ive been trying to call admissions since monday but it keeps goin into voicemail
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beansontoast92
I did work experience in Africa and I have a reference for it, the letter is typed up in english but the letter head is in another language.....does anyone know if this is accepted??! The Doctor wrote his name and address at the bottom in English
Ive been trying to call admissions since monday but it keeps goin into voicemail

yeah that's fine, they're really not as pedantic as people think with the references - i'm pretty sure they didn't check them against my PS or anything at all but checked that I had some references
Original post by blissfully
yeah that's fine, they're really not as pedantic as people think with the references - i'm pretty sure they didn't check them against my PS or anything at all but checked that I had some references

Ohh i see thanks
Original post by slsgt3
To those who sent references after interview, did the admissions team confirm that they have received your references?

In addition to this, how long did it take for the original references to arrive back to you?

p.s.: I think that royal mail has lost my references because when I track my letter it tells me that the last update was over a week ago and the last recorded location is the post office that I posted from.

I was in the exact same position as you. I posted my letter via 1st class recorded, and it still hasn't tracked as delivered. I started freaking out, but it turns out is was delivered. The confirmation of receipt arrived in my inbox around a week after I posted the letter, in the form of a formal offer email and an update on UCAS.

my advice would be to email them, to check whether or not they've received it.
Original post by beansontoast92

that will be fine
For my last reference can I use a certificate as a reference?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 786687
I was in the exact same position as you. I posted my letter via 1st class recorded, and it still hasn't tracked as delivered. I started freaking out, but it turns out is was delivered. The confirmation of receipt arrived in my inbox around a week after I posted the letter, in the form of a formal offer email and an update on UCAS.

my advice would be to email them, to check whether or not they've received it.

Thanks for replying and congratulations on the offer.

I did email them regarding this matter, so I am now awaiting their response.

Unfortunately I have been put on the waiting list, but I guess I should be getting some good news soon as my UKCAT and other stats are good.
Original post by slsgt3
Thanks for replying and congratulations on the offer.

I did email them regarding this matter, so I am now awaiting their response.

Unfortunately I have been put on the waiting list, but I guess I should be getting some good news soon as my UKCAT and other stats are good.

sorry to hear that, and it's good that you have a positive view of the matter.

I believe the ranks on the waiting list is done solely by UKCAT, what was your score if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by 786687

I believe the ranks on the waiting list is done solely by UKCAT, what was your score if you don't mind me asking?

Original post by 786687

It's not solely by ukcat. It's interview score first, then everyone with the same score is ranked by UKCAT.

I didn't know about this either until I read through last years thread where people with lower UKCAt scored were getting offers before those with higher ones.
Original post by ryanb97
It's not solely by ukcat. It's interview score first, then everyone with the same score is ranked by UKCAT.

I didn't know about this either until I read through last years thread where people with lower UKCAt scored were getting offers before those with higher ones.

This could be highly possible.

Although I must mention that having looked at a few FOI requests I have found that the waiting list people scored 1 point less than the minimum score required to get an offer. The people who had a score of two points below the lowest score that resulted in an offer were rejected.

lets say 7 or above = offer
6 = waiting list
5 or below = rejection

Anyways, I am hoping that all the people on the waiting list have the same interview score this year.
Original post by slsgt3
This could be highly possible.

Although I must mention that having looked at a few FOI requests I have found that the waiting list people scored 1 point less than the minimum score required to get an offer. The people who had a score of two points below the lowest score that resulted in an offer were rejected.

lets say 7 or above = offer
6 = waiting list
5 or below = rejection

Anyways, I am hoping that all the people on the waiting list have the same interview score this year.

Oh I get what you mean!

Yeah that could happen as well. If everyone does have the same score then yeah UKCAT will play a massive role.
Track updated my offer at 6:00pm, thought it was withdrawn :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
Track updated my offer at 6:00pm, thought it was withdrawn :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

"7 working days" :hahaha:
Anyone know how lenient st george's are when it comes to making your offer?
Original post by savan_shah96

what do you mean by this?
Original post by savan_shah96

From a foi request I rememebr reading that they let some people with AAB in ... But no one with ABB

I think some people with AAB were rejected as well
have people started to apply for accommodation yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending