The Student Room Group

Do you consider UKIP good or bad?

Scroll to see replies

Just thought I'd show people a comment section of UKIP's views of fat disabled people. The topic is can some medications cause people disabled people to become fat. A good majority of UKIP members show they aren't interested in medical facts. They have their own bigoted opinions and they stick to them.

So is UKIP good or bad because of this? UKIP is bad. They are a party for bigots.

Read the comments on this post. Makes me sick.

Lee Choules A LOT of Medication causes a lot of people to put on weight so for the trolls on here claiming people purposely get "fat" check out all the reasons a person canbe obese before commenting
29 · 14 February at 08:34
Hide 17 Replies

Gary Belcher 99% of people are obese through their own laziness and gluttony. No defending them.
4 · 14 February at 08:36

Lee Choules You know that for a fact do you? You know these 99% of people?
4 · 14 February at 08:37

Christian Wiking Power Wilhelmsson Just out of curiosity, which medicines make you fat?
2 · 14 February at 09:00

Tony Hooton Maybe that's why this isn't targeting those people, it'a about those who refuse treatment
1 · 14 February at 09:01

Lee Choules Medicines for treating cancer, kidney, liver, diabetes, depression, ......here's a brief list http://www.doctoroz.com/.../medications-may-cause-weight...

Medications That May Cause Weight Gain
Some medications are known to cause...
DOCTOROZ.COM
5 · 14 February at 09:10

Paul Kellett "may cause weight gain" not will. May also cause nausea, dizziness and rashes but if this is prescribed medication then you are seeking treatment so your argument holds no water.
1 · 14 February at 10:17

Chas Bailey The anti epilepsy drug Sodium Valporate causes weight gain and makes you feel like eating all the time. It did it to me and I had to demand they take me off it. I would have thought that David Cameron who had a son who sadly died from epilepsy might ha...See More
3 · 14 February at 10:24

Lee Choules It holds water because the FULL Government statement talks about people with treatable conditions losing benefits and once again I have to say, this includes people with cancer heart disease lung disease diabetes etc etc who are being "treated" with medication but it does not mean they are cured or their condition goes away, some people have treatment for life for life long conditions! It's just ambiguous words from the tories wanting to bash the sick and disabled again all under the guise of some public outrage of obese people getting benefits!
6 · 14 February at 10:24

Lee Choules I guess you have never seen someone receiving treatment for cancer whose weight balloons dramatically.
5 · 14 February at 10:25

Diane Woffinden You know I can't help but think these sanctimonious people that say medication and illness doesn't cause weight gain.....maybe one day if they are struck down with a illness .....their words will come back and bite them on the bum
6 · 14 February at 11:24

Tony Galloway I'm on benefits due to a long term condition, and I know it could cause some major problems if I go into a work place, but every night, every day, I wish I could work. I lock my self in my room away from my wife because I'm so depressed, and also being depressed knowing that people thinks I'm being lazy isn't helping.
5 · 14 February at 11:36

Kelly Edwards Here Here Lee Choules!!!! Some very insensitive, ignorant, horrible people!! Like you say people should google Medical conditions that cause and contribute weight gain!
6 · 14 February at 11:43

Danny Jay Because google is a great place to get accurate information. .. I had a cold once.. checked on google and not only was I dying of 4 terminal cancers but it turns out the martians destroyed the world trade centre in 2001! How about that?!....
Yesterday at 00:05

James OHara Cancer patients lose weight not gain it you moron and cancer patients haven't lost their disability living allowance Atall ! So this is just left wing scaremongers bullshyte
1 · Yesterday at 02:02

Diane Woffinden James OHara obviously you have never watched a loved one die of cancer .....yes their body's balloon up with all the steroids...and yes they have had their benefits took from them and told they are fit for work ..only to Die weeks later ...people like you make me bloody Sick ..go google it and then come back and apologise....
2 · Yesterday at 03:23

Lee Choules Oh the amount of people that have terminal cancer and have died after having their benefits taken away or while they were waiting for a decision to be made even though they were meant to be fast tracked is scandalous & FACT and NOT left wing ****e. What a stupid thing to say and very wrong!! "
Thousands of cancer patients are waiting months to get vital benefits, a charity claims today.
Macmillan Cancer Support found people faced “shattering” delays after applying for help from the state.
Patients had an average wait of 19 weeks but an estimated 4,500 were still not assessed after six months.
Some terminally ill sufferers died before a decision was made." Mirror Newspaper June 2014 - and that is just one story. "
The '10,600 people died within six weeks of being declared fit to work by Atos' " another fact The Telegraph July 2014.
1 · Yesterday at 04:17

Steve Adelantado It's not rocket science, if you take on board less calories than you expend you will not get fat. It really is as simple as that.
22 hrs

Source: Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/UKIP/posts/901596986528859
(edited 9 years ago)
Do you not think that the number of racist stories could be because the establishment (including the establishment parties, the media and big business) are all trying to dig the dirt in order to discredit UKIP? Do you not think that racist idiots exist in the other parties - but they don't attract such frenzied publicity?
Original post by Winderdale
Do you not think that the number of racist stories could be because the establishment (including the establishment parties, the media and big business) are all trying to dig the dirt in order to discredit UKIP?

No. UKIP members do a good enough job of outing themselves. There is no need for the media to do any digging.

Do you not think that racist idiots exist in the other parties - but they don't attract such frenzied publicity?

I am sure other parties have, or have had, members with less than desirable views. The thing is, they don't shout about it so there isn't much for the media to report.

If they did make their views more well known, the media would have a filled day. Just look at what happened to poor old Emily Thornberry after her white van man incident.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by InnerTemple
Just look at what happened to poor old Emily Thornberry after her white van man incident.

Poor old Emily Thornberry was the Shadow attorney general. If she didn't expect the press storm that followed then she is naive. If a guy in a UKIP tea shirt attacked a black traffic warden it could well be reported in the local press. The tagline "UKIP", "Attack" & "Black" are a practical guarantee that the story will then be picked up from there by at least one of the nationals.

It is how the press works. The only people who say it doesn't happen are either being deliberately misleading or don't understand the press.
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Just thought I'd show people a comment section of UKIP's views of fat disabled people.

A comment section? I note you didn't bother to quote the actual UKIP member (Deputy Chairman, Suzanne Evans) who said:

“This Government has a default position which is to wave its finger and point at the less fortunate. The Government obviously doesn't care about those with weight or addiction problems it is just ideologically driven by its contempt for those on benefits and its need to get the benefits bill down at all costs. It is doing this whilst being unconcerned about multi-national corporations squirelling their money abroad”.
Original post by democracyforum
Taking control of our own borders

Not taking orders from a foreign court

Letting the public decide our EU membership

Common sense, populist policies

Realistic alternative energy solutions

Domestic aid, not foreign aid

Putting British people first

You wont take control of the borders unless you shoot them which the british people wont allow

the public are not fully informed on the gravity of leaving the EU

More like pandering to the lowest common denominator

Lol

If you do not help foreigners you increase immigration to the point where you have to shoot them, which the British people do not like

At what cost?
Do you not think that the number of racist stories could be because the establishment (including the establishment parties, the media and big business) are all trying to dig the dirt in order to discredit UKIP?

Do you not think that racist idiots exist in the other parties - but they don't attract such frenzied publicity?

To the first question I don't think it is aimed at discrediting UKIP. I just think it is an easy narrative to peddle. Journalists love easy narratives. They require less work and are easy to sell.

To the second question I say see my answer to question 1. One only needs to look at what Diane Abbott has said in the past. Nobody thinks Labour is a bigoted white hating party do they?
UKIP are a racist party pure and simple. if you support racism vote UKIP. If you support human decency vote Green
UKIP remind me of the Nazi party in 1924. If they are elected hell will break loose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE

the public are not fully informed on the gravity of leaving the EU

Let them vote on it
Let them vote on it

Nah mate

leave the EU

country goes to ****

businesses cant get good trade deals and have to pay customs on everything . they'll employ less people and pay them less which leads to lower standards of livelihood which will piss everyone off

then suddenly black people become the problem

**** that ****. first its the immirgrants then itll be the non-white british
Nah mate

leave the EU

country goes to ****

businesses cant get good trade deals and have to pay customs on everything . they'll employ less people and pay them less which leads to lower standards of livelihood which will piss everyone off

then suddenly black people become the problem

**** that ****. first its the immirgrants then itll be the non-white british

We can still trade.
We can still have immigration.
We can still be friends with Europe - if we left.

Do you think any country, out of the 28 countries, should leave the EU ? And why ?
(edited 9 years ago)
We can still trade.
We can still have immigration.
We can still be friends with Europe - if we left.

Do you think any country, out of the 28 countries, should leave the EU ? And why ?

With Tariffs and customs. This will limit our profit
Yes but immirgrants wont be the scapegoat anymore. society will resort to another group to unleash its anger at
I dont care about being friends i care about cheap holidays, free movement and the ability to work in spain easily if i choose to

The EU should stop expanding but its fine the way it is. it even stifles immigration to the UK eg Dublin regulation. If we leave the EU all hell will break loose
Yes but immirgrants wont be the scapegoat anymore. society will resort to another group to unleash its anger at
I dont care about being friends i care about cheap holidays, free movement and the ability to work in spain easily if i choose to

The EU should stop expanding but its fine the way it is. it even stifles immigration to the UK eg Dublin regulation. If we leave the EU all hell will break loose

Everything you say may be true.

But if that's what the British people want, not what you or I want, but what our country wants,

that is more important.
Not only do I disagree with UKIPs policies for many reasons that other people have already stated, I also think immigration is a tiny problem in the bigger picture and I feel like the government like to blame their problems on immigration, when the real drain on our economy is the multi-billion pound corporations like HSBC helping the super rich dodge their taxes, and companies like Mcdonalds paying a low wage while raking in billions of profit, so our taxes go towards subsidising their employees salary, even though they have more than enough to do this themselves! I probably don't make sense Russell's video explains it way better-- http://www.cureyourboredom.com/interesting-stuff/interesting-videos/russel-brand/
Reply 815
UKIP are a racist party pure and simple. if you support racism vote UKIP. If you support human decency vote Green

Rubbish.
Original post by Allielamb19
when the real drain on our economy is the multi-billion pound corporations like HSBC helping the super rich dodge their taxes...

Anyone who argues immigration is a drain is misleading you.

Immigration is good.

UKIP don't want to stop immigration, but instead CONTROL it.

answer the question
UKIP is a joke of a party, designed to appeal to bigoted Daily Mail readers. Terrible policies, terrible people, terrible party.

answer the question

I did

No country should leave. Romania has given more than it has taken and so will the rest of the eastern bloc. Economics wise its a no brainer that we stay in the EU. Culture wise is a different topic. in light of immigration concerns there should be no more expansion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending