The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Ok so i rang student finance and they said if we are doing a social work course we are entitled to a second loan and dhssps bursary so apply as normal and if we dont get accepted it wont matter as queens has to send them your attendance before we get a payment anyway. As for dependents and stuff im sure it differs a bit but you would still be entitled to something. hope that helps xxx
Original post by khutchinson06
Ok so i rang student finance and they said if we are doing a social work course we are entitled to a second loan and dhssps bursary so apply as normal and if we dont get accepted it wont matter as queens has to send them your attendance before we get a payment anyway. As for dependents and stuff im sure it differs a bit but you would still be entitled to something. hope that helps xxx

Ahhh thankyou that is good news for me. I wonder if we get a bursary every year on both the 2 and 3 year routes? X
[QUOTE="waveydavey!;54424465"]Ahhh thankyou that is good news for me. I wonder if we get a bursary every year on both the 2 and 3 year routes? X[/QUOTE

Hi for the 3 year route you will only get the dhssps bursary for years.2 and 3 not sure what way it works for the 2 year.route but I would assume you would get it for the 2 years. If you google social work bursaries 2015/2016 it gives you more info. X
Original post by khutchinson06

Oh that is great thank you so much for doing that!! :smile:
Original post by Bernie..
Lol we all stalk track, 9.30 am that was time I had mine, least you will have it over and done with early and you won't be stressing all day..

Keep positive you will be great...

Bernie...

Today is the first day I have not checked at all!!! Lol :wink:
Reply 465
haha i have it linked to my emails so emails are checked every day!
Original post by Nicoh88
Today is the first day I have not checked at all!!! Lol :wink:

Lol thats brill nicoh, ive checked bout 4 times I must admit lol..
Original post by mmq02
haha i have it linked to my emails so emails are checked every day!

Lol mmq mine is the same, even when no emails come thru I will still check track. Have my emails come thru to my phone as well lol..
[QUOTE="Bernie..;54424737"]
Original post by waveydavey!
Ahhh thankyou that is good news for me. I wonder if we get a bursary every year on both the 2 and 3 year routes? X[/QUOTE

Hi for the 3 year route you will only get the dhssps bursary for years.2 and 3 not sure what way it works for the 2 year.route but I would assume you would get it for the 2 years. If you google social work bursaries 2015/2016 it gives you more info. X

Thank you Bernie will Google that now!! I've stopped checking ucas track I don't think it will be updating now till end of April!!
Reply 469
[QUOTE="waveydavey!;54425179"]
Original post by Bernie..

Thank you Bernie will Google that now!! I've stopped checking ucas track I don't think it will be updating now till end of April!!

Interview over,the 2 women were really nice.
Don't think I gave enough information for some questions. No point worrying now it's over.
Really nervous and must have said "em" about 100 times.Think it was 7 questions overall.
Waiting on a miracle now.

Rory:smile:
Hi rory

Im sure your just glad ita over im sure you done ok. Its amazing to even get this far. Dont worry they will account for nerves as they know it can be tough on people. Just fingers crossed eh. As long as you did your best thats all anyone can do...

Bernie.
[QUOTE="rmc79;54431333"]

Interview over,the 2 women were really nice.
Don't think I gave enough information for some questions. No point worrying now it's over.
Really nervous and must have said "em" about 100 times.Think it was 7 questions overall.
Waiting on a miracle now.

Rory:smile:
Well done Rory! I bought a bottle of champers and some strawberries before my interview to have that friday night because no matter how I did to me it was such a personal achievement to have gotten to the interview stage and be proud of your achievement and enjoy your weekend!!
[QUOTE="waveydavey!;54432169"]
Original post by rmc79
Well done Rory! I bought a bottle of champers and some strawberries before my interview to have that friday night because no matter how I did to me it was such a personal achievement to have gotten to the interview stage and be proud of your achievement and enjoy your weekend!!

Haha wave davey!! :smile: how are you gonna celebrate if you get a place?lol
Well done Rory-I'm sure u were fab :smile:
[QUOTE="Nicoh88;54432193"]

Haha wave davey!! :smile: how are you gonna celebrate if you get a place?lol
Well done Rory-I'm sure u were fab :smile:
Probably die from shock!! Xx
Reply 474
[QUOTE="waveydavey!;54432503"]
Original post by Nicoh88

Thanks guys.
To get this far I no it's a big achievement.
Waiting game now.
Hope use all get good news soon.:smile:

Time to relax 🍹🍻
Rory
[QUOTE="waveydavey!;54432503"]
Original post by Nicoh88

😂😂😂😂😂😂
[QUOTE="Nicoh88;54432725"]

😂😂😂😂😂😂

im sure your glad its over and dont worry im sure you done well and it is an achievement to get this far. Relax now and good luck xxxx
Reply 477
We should go out celebrate if we all get a place haha fingers crossed! Well done Rory, thats the worst of it over, the waiting is the 2nd worst bit now haha!
Original post by mmq02
We should go out celebrate if we all get a place haha fingers crossed! Well done Rory, thats the worst of it over, the waiting is the 2nd worst bit now haha!

We definately should. Do you mind if i ask was the guidance sheet enough to prepare for or should we use anything else my interview is next friday.eek
Reply 479
Thats what I used fully to be honest! And made sure I had knowledge about all areas of social work. If you really just go into depth on everything on that sheet and read current issues etc you will be grand!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest