The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 USA Boom, Bust and Recovery

Hey guys, I'm sitting this exam on the 8th June; I was wondering what everyone else sitting this exam will pick as their controversy source question, and why? (The New Deal or The Great Depression) I'm currently undecided and trying to make my revision timetable so any help would be reaaalllllyyyy appreciated!

Thank you guys
I'll be picking the Depression question. Find it so much more interesting and easy to analyse! How's revision?
Reply 2
Original post by stressedbrownboy
I'll be picking the Depression question. Find it so much more interesting and easy to analyse! How's revision?

I'm finding both controversies difficult tbh ha, although the acts of the New Deal will be so hard to remember ;A;

It's going pretty well actually, I've been revising the first two bullet points so far so yet to start on the controversies, which I should probably get going with since I've always struggled with the source based questions!
Original post by Sunghyunah
I'm finding both controversies difficult tbh ha, although the acts of the New Deal will be so hard to remember ;A;

It's going pretty well actually, I've been revising the first two bullet points so far so yet to start on the controversies, which I should probably get going with since I've always struggled with the source based questions!

Which controversy do you feel more comfortable with though overall?

First two bullet points? Whih books are you studying from? Have you got the Edexcel book authored by Baker?
Reply 4
Which controversy do you feel more comfortable with though overall?

First two bullet points? Whih books are you studying from? Have you got the Edexcel book authored by Baker?

I feel like I get the New Deal more but I find it so much more difficult to write about it :/

Yeah we have the edexcel textbook; the first two bullet points are social and economic during the 20's
Original post by Sunghyunah
I feel like I get the New Deal more but I find it so much more difficult to write about it :/

Yeah we have the edexcel textbook; the first two bullet points are social and economic during the 20's

Try doing some reading on the Depression material and maybe attempt an essay from the section? If you find the Depression easier to write about then you'll definitely do better in it!
Ahh i see. I'm really nervous about the exam as I'm resitting it on my gap year as a private candidate! Could you help me with exam structure?
Reply 6
Try doing some reading on the Depression material and maybe attempt an essay from the section? If you find the Depression easier to write about then you'll definitely do better in it!
Ahh i see. I'm really nervous about the exam as I'm resitting it on my gap year as a private candidate! Could you help me with exam structure?

I think today I've decided to drop Oppression so I'm doing the depression controversy; it'll be easier than memorising ten million acts haha

What do you mean by the exam structure? As in how you write the essay or the timings??

[Sorry for the late reply, I've had a migraine for the past few days!]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending