Scroll to see replies

Original post by al-sadiq al-amin
Yes

There are some ahadith about what we should do when an eclipse strikes

I'll post em up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay Cool :yy:
Narrated Abu Bakr:
We were with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) when the sun eclipsed. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) stood up dragging his cloak till he entered the Mosque. He led us in a two-rak`at prayer till the sun (eclipse) had cleared. Then the Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of someone's death. So whenever you see these eclipses pray and invoke (Allah) till the eclipse is over."

Sahih al-Bukhari 1040
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zamestaneh
I got his ban wrong - he told me on WApp apparently it is perm... :erm: Inna lillahi wa inna ileyhi raji'un

Is IFL coming back? Tell him to come back, I already miss him lool
Ibn 'Abbas reported:
When there was a solar eclipse, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed eight rukus and four prostrations (in two rak'ahs). This has also been narrated by 'Ali

Sahih Muslim 908

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my dayz!!!!! :eek::eek:

Looks like he's learned from his master well and is following in my footsteps

Permaban tho... :frown:

I hope he comes back with new accounts or something

Not gonna lie, i will really miss that guy :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bro, not everyone is as motivated as you :rofl:
Salat ul kusuf at my local mosque too at 9.30 will be going insha'Allah :yep:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Enginerd.
A lot of local mosques are praying in congregation. Just don't know if its compulsory or voluntary.

It depends on which opinions you follow to be fair
Oh my dayz!!!!! :eek::eek:

Looks like he's learned from his master well and is following in my footsteps

Permaban tho... :frown:

I hope he comes back with new accounts or something

Not gonna lie, i will really miss that guy :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He will probs troll harder than ever now that he's permabanned
In his well known book, The Prescribed Prayer Made Simple, the prominent Muslim scholar Sheikh Tajjuddin B. Shu`aib, Director of King Fahd Mosque in Culver City, California, USA, wrote:
Kusoof, or solar eclipse, is the partial or total cutting off of the sun's light when the moon comes between it and the earth. People used to associate this unusual phenomenon with some superstitious reason. It happened that the sun eclipsed on the day the Prophet's son Ibrahim died in Madinah, so some people attributed that to his death. Hence, the Prophet took the opportunity to correct the people's mistaken notion about the solar eclipse.
The Prophet ordered someone to announce “as-salatu jami`ah,” that is that Prayer is to be convened in public. When people gathered, he led them in Prayer after which he stated: "The solar or lunar eclipse is only a sign of Allah. They do not take place for the death or life of anybody. Whenever you see them, hasten to the Prayer." (Reported by Muslim)
Salat al-kusoof (solar eclipse Prayer) is sunnah mu’akkadah (confirmed sunnah) for both male and female believers. It is better to offer it congregationally in the mosque. Its time is from the beginning of the eclipse till it clears away. There is no adhan for the Prayer, but it should be announced, as stated earlier, with “as-salatu jami`ah.”
According to the hadith, narrated by `A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her),salat al-kusoof is two rak`ahs; however, the worshiper bows twice in eachrak`ah instead of once.
In the first rak`ah, after al-Fatihah, one recites a long or short surah. One then says “allahu akbar” and bows down in a long bowing. As one rises up, one says:“sami` Allahu liman hamidah, rabbana lakal-hamd.”
One then says “Allahu akbar” and bows down a second time but not so long. As one rises up one says, “sami` Allahu liman hamidah, rabbana lakal-hamd.”
As one resumes standing straight, one says “allahu akbar” and then falls down in prostration. One begins the second rak`ah by saying “allahu akbar” The second rak`ah should be observed like the first one. After the Prayer, the imam may give a guiding sermon.
Salat al-khusoof (lunar eclipse Prayer) is the same as salatal-kusoof (solar eclipse Prayer). The recital of al-Fatihah may be performed aloud or silently.

Tackling the issue in more details, we’d like to cite the following from Islam and the Solar Eclipse issued by Muslim Council of Britain & the International Council for Islamic Information:"The sun and the moon are two of the signs of Allah; they do not darken for the death or birth of any person, but Allah strikes fear into His servants by means of them. So when you see them darken,remember and mention Allah, declare His greatness, offer Prayer, give in charity, and supplicate to Him and seek His forgiveness." These words were said by the noble Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) when a solar eclipse took place on the very day that his infant son Ibrahim passed away: 29 Shawwal 10 AH / 27 January 632 CE. A false prophet would undoubtedly have claimed that such a magnificent celestial event was a sign of heavenly mourning for the loss of his loved one, but not the final Messenger of Allah, who led the community of Muslims in Prayer for as long as the eclipse lasted, then admonished them regarding their reckoning with their Lord on the Day of Judgment.
The Muslim reaction to lunar and solar eclipses can be summarized as follows:
1. Solar and lunar eclipses are reminders of the Day of Judgment, when the sun, moon, and stars will all lose their light. [When the sight is dazed, and the moon is buried in darkness, and the sun and moon are joined together: Man will say on that day, ‘Where is the refuge?’] (Al-Qiyamah75: 7-10)
2. Being a reminder of the Last Day, the eclipse is a time for Prayer, charitable acts, and generally remembering Allah and seeking His forgiveness.
3. To believe that heavenly bodies (sun, moon, planets, stars) have power over events and people’s fates and fortunes is to reject Allah by ascribing partners to Him. [And among His Signs are the night and the day, the sun and the moon. Prostrate neither to the sun nor to the moon, but prostrate to Allah who created them, if it is truly Him you worship.] (Fussilat 41: 37) Thus, one cannot worship God by worshiping creation—whether the devotions are offered to nature, heavenly bodies, idols, or human beings. The worship of something or someone created in whatever form, Muslims consider to be an underlying error of many groups active in the UK, from pagans, Druids and New Age cultures (for whom the eclipse is a sacred event) to the numerous Christian denominations. The popular but false, empty faith in astrology, so widespread in the popular press, is also condemned in Islam. Islam teaches people to constantly turn to the Source of all events: Allah.

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-the-scholar/acts-of-worship/prayer/supererogatory-prayers/169765-solar-aamp-lunar-eclipses-a-muslim-perspective.html
How To Perform The Solar Eclipse Prayer

It's a link with the different views by the four schools of thought
http://news.yahoo.com/exhibition-of-syria-torture-photos-shows--depravity--of-assad-regime-220711714.html

Exhibition of Syria torture photos shows 'depravity' of Assad regime

U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum official, citing lessons of Nazi era, says world has a duty to act
Original post by Zamestaneh
I got his ban wrong - he told me on WApp apparently it is perm... :erm: Inna lillahi wa inna ileyhi raji'un

Salaam bro, hope you are well. Give my Salaams to him. :smile:
Reborn - Former NBA player Mahmoud Abd Al-Rauf embraces Islam

[video="youtube;vf3QROKaAzY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf3QROKaAzY[/video]

About Salat for the solar eclipse, i have prayed it and am of the view that it is wajib.
Original post by Tawheed
About Salat for the solar eclipse, i have prayed it and am of the view that it is wajib.

Ive prayed it aswell. It's Sunnah Muakadah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed
Reborn - Former NBA player Mahmoud Abd Al-Rauf embraces Islam

lemme guess bro... converted to shia right? lol
Prayed it too. I thought it was just sunnah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So IdeasForLife is banned and not returning? That's a shame. I hope he/she returns.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Inve
So IdeasForLife is banned and not returning? That's a shame. I hope he/she returns.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sure is a shame, we hope to see the bright yugi yoh avatar soon
Original post by Al-farhan
It sure is a shame, we hope to see the bright yugi yoh avatar soon

I doubt he'll return. He's no Quantum lol

Latest

Trending

Trending