The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dima-Blackburn
I doubt he'll return. He's no Quantum lol

lol u srs bro? u dont know bout all his sockpoppets? hes probs using one rite now lol

i also figured out 2day that Untitled. is actually Ibn Fulaan looool
Original post by UnsahihDatHadith
lol u srs bro? u dont know bout all his sockpoppets? hes probs using one rite now lol

i also figured out 2day that Untitled. is actually Ibn Fulaan looool

Looool, sock-poppets are everywhere these days....
[video="youtube;WRVfYKsjSss"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRVfYKsjSss[/video]
Kitab Al Kafi - Chapter on obidience and piety

1624–2. A group of our co-sectarians (–) Aḥmad ibn Muḥammad (–) Ibn Faḍḍãl (–) ‘Ãṣim ibn Ḥumayd (–) Abū Ḥamzah ath-Thumãlī that Abū
Ja‘far (‘a.s.) said:

"The Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) delivered a sermon in his last pilgrimage (ḥajjati 'l-wadã‘) and said: 'O you people! By Allãh! Nothing can bring you close to Paradise or keep you away from the [Hell-]Fire but what I have commanded you to do. Also, nothing can bring you close to the [Hell-] Fire or keep you away from the Paradise but what I have forbidden you. Truly, the Trusted Spirit [Gabriel] inspired into my heart that no soul will die until his subsistence is accomplished. So fear Allãh and be moderate in demand; and any delay in obtaining subsistence should not oblige you to obtain it unlawfully, because what is with Allãh cannot be obtained but by His obedience.'
Reliable like Saheeh - Graded by Alama Majlisi
Kitab Al Kafi Volume 2 - On sufficiency

1938–6. al-Ḥusayn ibn Muḥammad (–) Aḥmad ibn Isḥãq (–) Bakr ibn Muḥammad al-Azdī that Abū ‘Abdillãh (‘a.s) said:

"The Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) said: "Allãh, to Whom belong Might and Majesty, said: 'The most envious of My friends before me is
a believing servant endowed with goodness; worships well his Lord and worships Allãh in secret. He is unknown among people and not famous; his
subsistence is just sufficient and he forebears it; his death comes soon and he leaves little inheritance; and those who cry for him are few.'
Saheeh - Graded by Alama Majlisi
Original post by HAnwar
Prayed it too. I thought it was just sunnah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

just sunnah what do you mean?
there are two types of sunnah: sunnah muakkadah and sunnah ghair muakkada (the former is what Prophet Muhammad SAW used to always do and is compulsory)
(edited 9 years ago)
Did anyone watch the dina tokio world muslimah programme yesterday?
[video="youtube;W2cwXnXRPGU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2cwXnXRPGU[/video]
Original post by Tawheed
[video]https://www.youtube.com]
hate often turns into love. They are all emotions, after all

but a cold, rational opposition will rarely change
Let us spend a few minutes praying for our brothers and sisters in all war-torn countries, one country often neglected is Bahrain, who currently have civilians undergoing abuses of human-rights under a dictatorship.

Let us remember them, and muslims - and also non-muslims who are suffering world-wide,

May Allah swt help us, and hasten the reappearance of Imam Mahdi a.s

[video="youtube;p5zsks3Qlzk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5zsks3Qlzk[/video]
Original post by kyoti
just sunnah what do you mean?
there are two types of sunnah: sunnah muakkadah and sunnah ghair muakkada (the former is what Prophet Muhammad SAW used to always do and is compulsory)

Not sure. I think it's the former. But I didn't know the prayer was compulsory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

What happened to IdeasForLife? Why was he banned?
Original post by HAnwar
Not sure. I think it's the former. But I didn't know the prayer was compulsory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Salaam, I saw the same with the hanafi view saying its wajib and doing 2 ruku overall instead of 4 ruku.

Original post by Biryani007
Did anyone watch the dina tokio world muslimah programme yesterday?

Salaam, my sister was watching so I saw bits.....the sister surprisingly handled herself well most of the time considering the numerous issues of the Muslimah and it just kinda got worse and worse.
Original post by Iqbal007
Salaam, I saw the same with the hanafi view saying its wajib and doing 2 ruku overall instead of 4 ruku.

Salaam, my sister was watching so I saw bits.....the sister surprisingly handled herself well most of the time considering the numerous issues of the Muslimah and it just kinda got worse and worse.

Wasalam.
Wait I thought it was four rukoo's and two rak'ahs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah, hmm I didnt know what to think of it tbh, I just found it all slightly weird and pointless...I dont get what it was trying to show because that competition was a bit of a fail :/.
Original post by Tawheed
Kitab Al Kafi Volume 2 - On sufficiency

1938–6. al-Ḥusayn ibn Muḥammad (–) Aḥmad ibn Isḥãq (–) Bakr ibn Muḥammad al-Azdī that Abū ‘Abdillãh (‘a.s) said:

"The Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) said: "Allãh, to Whom belong Might and Majesty, said: 'The most envious of My friends before me is
a believing servant endowed with goodness; worships well his Lord and worships Allãh in secret. He is unknown among people and not famous; his
subsistence is just sufficient and he forebears it; his death comes soon and he leaves little inheritance; and those who cry for him are few.'
Saheeh - Graded by Alama Majlisi

Original post by Tawheed
[video="youtube;W2cwXnXRPGU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2cwXnXRPGU[/video]

Tawheed, bro you a twelver shia?
Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was stating what I read from a hanafi perspective on how to pray it....the other three schools of thought do it with 4 rukus.

Original post by Biryani007
Wa'alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah, hmm I didnt know what to think of it tbh, I just found it all slightly weird and pointless...I dont get what it was trying to show because that competition was a bit of a fail :/.

Yeah, she definitely came around at the end and it was good as it exposed a lot of dodginess by the organisers and how culture has influenced the competitions "Islamicness". On some areas I thought it was great by focusing on the sisters knowledge,etc but other areas such as the lack of a fair playing fielding and essentially false voting it showed a clear lack of understanding by the founder in many parts. Especially the whole mahram issue, weird dancing/singing, etc shows their is a lack of scholarly guidance in the competition which need to be seriously addressed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The hanafi view is 2 rakah' 2 rukuh lasted about 10-12 minutes maybe more, both rukuhs were also longer than usual.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, she definitely came around at the end and it was good as it exposed a lot of dodginess by the organisers and should how culture has influenced the competitions "Islamicness". On some areas I thought it was great by focusing on the sisters knowledge,etc but other areas such as the lack of a fair playing fielding and essentially false voting it showed a clear lack of understanding by the founder in many parts. Especially the whole mahram issue, weird dancing/singing, etc shows their is a lack of scholarly guidance in the competition which need to be seriously addressed.

Yep, I'm glad she was vocal about the issues to be honest...she had to be because the competition was supposed to be based around islamic principles and there were a bunch of weird stuff that she knew she couldnt let them imply were the norm.
We all come from different backgrounds and yet we such unity. Alhamdulilah. A sign of things to come bi idhnillah!

Latest

Trending

Trending