The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PurpleGhost25175
So I got DDU in my mocks. I need to get 260 UCAS points or better (3 C's in effective) to go to my first choice. So any tips on improving will be welcomed!

Hiya :smile:

Have you had any feedback from your teachers at all about where things went wrong? Do you have an inkling? Can you get your test paper back so that you can review your answers?
Original post by She-Ra
Hiya :smile:

Have you had any feedback from your teachers at all about where things went wrong? Do you have an inkling? Can you get your test paper back so that you can review your answers?

Hi. Yeah we have had feedback from all of my teachers now. I have an idea of where I went wrong and its to do with application of knowledge. I am not very good at writing analyticaly. I also am prone to panic attacks and mind blocks in exams and so I start writing randomly and go off point a lot.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:banana: Hey everyone, how are things going? Did you have a good week? :cookie:

Do people have Easter Holidays coming up soon? :eek: What are your plans? :h: :banana:

:banana2:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hi lovely people,

We've put together a new article which I hope you'll find super helpful

Ten ways to stop wasting revision time now :h:

What are everyones plans for the weekend?

:cookie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by She-Ra

What are everyones plans for the weekend?

:cookie:

to attempt to do some revsion. i did some today. and that was great. but i need to do mroe so i can get the grades i want.

i was also gonna pick up a past paper today from sciece (havent been in a sicnece lesson this week due tomusic stuff, and other things like illness) but i forgot. time to go downloading.
Well I'm resitting as I got BCDE last year, in my mocks I got AABB and I'm aiming for AAAB or above. Also I am currently on the fourth week of my revision plan, more of a general outline than a timetable as I just can't stick to them!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Studentppe
Well I'm resitting as I got BCDE last year, in my mocks I got AABB and I'm aiming for AAAB or above. Also I am currently on the fourth week of my revision plan, more of a general outline than a timetable as I just can't stick to them!

Yeah, I never found timetables useful because I never stuck to them either. :tongue: It allowed me to be more flexible in my revision so I thought it was more useful for me (although others will prefer having their own methods, of course).
Original post by usycool1
Yeah, I never found timetables useful because I never stuck to them either. :tongue: It allowed me to be more flexible in my revision so I thought it was more useful for me (although others will prefer having their own methods, of course).

Yep, I have this too. Which is also really annoying because everyone (parents, teachers etc) makes you make timetables...
Happy Easter Holidays everyone! :bl: :biggrin:

The March Grow Your Grades roundup is out!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15467-How-to-use-past-exam-papers-to-ace-your-exams

It's about using past papers. I've got to say you guys have some super super useful gems of wisdom in your blogs!!

I hope you all have a great half term :biggrin: :woo:
Good luck with revision over the holidays everyone!!!! It'll all be worth it come August/when you get your results!!

Puddles the Monkey
I hope you all have a great half term
Isn't it easter holidays, not half term...?
Original post by mobbsy91
Good luck with revision over the holidays everyone!!!! It'll all be worth it come August/when you get your results!!

Isn't it easter holidays, not half term...?
:facepalm: I need a holiday!
good luck everyone!
Reply 192
I need to grow my grades ASAP. ;(
Does anyone have any advice for me please

At As level I have the following:
Business Studies: D
English Literature and Language:colone:
ICT:C

but I need a B C D. and then a C at sociology AS.

I literally revised all the time last year and am doing the same thus year, I'm scared I will end up with rubbish grades again. Does anyone have any advice please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't stress what a difference grammar and general language flow has to grade improvements. If you have a tight deadline get a professional on fivesquid or something to point out all your mistakes so you can tackle them asap. What might sound clear in your head might not to a stranger, which could affect grades.
How do I get from D's to C's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lfc1998
How do I get from D's to C's

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on the subject really, but having a clear curriculum outline of things you need to do to get a C will help. Also reading past work papers of someone who has already got a C would give you a better idea of the quality of work that needs to be submitted. Hope this helps.
:woo: Hey everyone! :woo:

I hope you all had good Easter Holiday :cookie: How did things go?

How are you feeling about your exams?

You might have seen it already but we've set up a funky Revision & Exams hub which has loads of useful articles and threads to help you prepare :smile:

Has everyone got study leave coming up next week? :yum: What are your plans? Do you think you'll set yourself a goal? :h:

:bl:

Puddles

Spoiler

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:woo: Hey everyone! :woo:

I hope you all had good Easter Holiday :cookie: How did things go?

How are you feeling about your exams?

You might have seen it already but we've set up a funky Revision & Exams hub which has loads of useful articles and threads to help you prepare :smile:

Has everyone got study leave coming up next week? :yum: What are your plans? Do you think you'll set yourself a goal? :h:

:bl:

Puddles

Spoiler

study leave starts at half term for me but I'm on a list that has to go in everyday anyway... :/
Original post by Midnightmemories
study leave starts at half term for me but I'm on a list that has to go in everyday anyway... :/

That really sucks! How come?

Latest

Trending

Trending