The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Nursing 2015 firms

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JKempton
Ooh wow! Well done you ☺️ Yeah definitely do it, hopefully you'll get invited along! I've got an offer for the dual field adult & mental health nursing ☺️ And accommodation wise I've applied for ensuite 1 and 2 at glen eyre and mayflower ☺️

Glen Eyre is probably going to be my first choice for accommodation.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by lukewilliams94
Hi, I got an offer to study at soton last earlier this week. So excited. I haven't been invited to the welcome day either but guess it is because I haven't yet firmed soton. But I will be once I get replies back from other universities.
Really not sure what accommodation to choose, looking at Glen Eyre and Mayflower.

p.s. Probably going to be one of the few guys on the course.

May I ask how long it took you to get your offer after your interview? :smile:
Original post by dnimm
May I ask how long it took you to get your offer after your interview? :smile:

I had my selection day on March 5th and got my reply on Wednesday, so 13 days in total. They said it would take about 2 weeks to get a reply on the day but could take a bit longer due to a slight backlog. What course do you want to study?
Reply 83
I had my selection day on March 5th and got my reply on Wednesday, so 13 days in total. They said it would take about 2 weeks to get a reply on the day but could take a bit longer due to a slight backlog. What course do you want to study?

Oh I see! I had my selection day for adult nursing on Monday and I'm so anxious to hear back from them as I really want to go to southampton. I think I messed the maths test up though :frown: Congratulations on your offer by the way.
Original post by dnimm
Oh I see! I had my selection day for adult nursing on Monday and I'm so anxious to hear back from them as I really want to go to southampton. I think I messed the maths test up though :frown: Congratulations on your offer by the way.

I remember, I believe it was a 1st year student, saying that unless you get zero on the maths section you still have a chance. Good luck and hope you get an offer. Waiting is the most stressful thing.
Great to see more people for Soton nursing!
I've passed my Occ Health so just the DBS (and grades ofc) to go, it feels so close now xx
Put my accommodation choices in yesterday. I put Glen Eyre, Wessex and the Glen Eyre again. Decided to not go for en-suite so I have more money to spend elsewhere. What has everyone else put down for accommodation.
Put my accommodation choices in yesterday. I put Glen Eyre, Wessex and the Glen Eyre again. Decided to not go for en-suite so I have more money to spend elsewhere. What has everyone else put down for accommodation.

I've gone for Mayflower (ensuite 1 and 2) and Citygate (ensuite 1).

Feeling like splashing out and treating myself, because after sharing a bathroom with a seven year old, I'm looking forward to not finding rubber ducks stuffed inside the toilet rolls XD
Reply 88
Hi, we're on the same boat! Firming adult nursing in southampton uni too and live in portsmouth as well
Reply 89
Unfortunately I didn't get a place but I have been offered a chance to resit in order to improve my scores.

Has anyone else done this or does anyone know anything about it? Would I just be resitting the areas I was weak in or would I be resitting the entire day? Will I be given a clean slate or will they merge my resit scores with my previous scores?
Original post by dnimm
Unfortunately I didn't get a place but I have been offered a chance to resit in order to improve my scores.

Has anyone else done this or does anyone know anything about it? Would I just be resitting the areas I was weak in or would I be resitting the entire day? Will I be given a clean slate or will they merge my resit scores with my previous scores?

I'm sure as they have offered you a resit they must have liked you in one of the areas, otherwise they would have just rejected you. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the resits. Hope all goes well and at least now you know what to expect.
Glad I found this thread - I've firmed my offer for childrens nursing at Southampton for September 2015 start!:biggrin:
Im going to the open fay next tuesday too (31st) x
Hi i've applied for child nursing and thinking of firming it next week after the open day on the 31st, I'll see you all there x
Original post by rhian_miles
Hi i've applied for child nursing and thinking of firming it next week after the open day on the 31st, I'll see you all there x

Awesome! It'll be nice to know some people before actually moving to southampton! x
Original post by TheYoungOne95
Awesome! It'll be nice to know some people before actually moving to southampton! x

Definitely especially as its about 3 hours from home for me!! x
I never got invited to the welcome day, guess it was due to the fact that I was offered at place to study rather recently. Let me know how it goes, and hopefully I'll get invited to the next one.
Reply 96
Hey! Does anyone know if there's a fb group for nursing/child nursing at Southampton as i couldnt find one?? thanks!:smile:
Original post by thea1
Hey! Does anyone know if there's a fb group for nursing/child nursing at Southampton as i couldnt find one?? thanks!:smile:

Hey I'm not sure about a course specific one, but there's aSsoton offers holders page, I'll try to find the link when I get in xx
Reply 98
Original post by cherrytrueman95
Hey I'm not sure about a course specific one, but there's aSsoton offers holders page, I'll try to find the link when I get in xx

aw thank you, that'd be great! if there's not one already may try starting one myself then i guess..! xx
Original post by thea1
aw thank you, that'd be great! if there's not one already may try starting one myself then i guess..! xx

There's this, I can't find the other on my phone for some reason https://m.facebook.com/groups/1416793418581189?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity&actorid=1260771049

But I haven't seen a nursing group for this year at all :L xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending