The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by WilliamSlim
What do you mean by 3 analytical explanations for each para? 3 sources analysed?

Ah sorry I mean like:
"Source X says this: "quote". This can be taken to mean...this means the significance of Y is greater/less than Z"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah sorry I mean like:
"Source X says this: "quote". This can be taken to mean...this means the significance of Y is greater/less than Z"

Posted from TSR Mobile

So 3 quotes from a source? Sorry if i'm being an idiot lol
Reply 102
So 3 quotes from a source? Sorry if i'm being an idiot lol

Id say 3 quotes per para. Not necessarily all from the same source. Just make sure you cross reference if using more than one source!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Id say 3 quotes per para. Not necessarily all from the same source. Just make sure you cross reference if using more than one source!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright lad thanks, does the variety of sources really matter? Like different forms of media like TV, books, pictures?
Reply 104
Alright lad thanks, does the variety of sources really matter? Like different forms of media like TV, books, pictures?

Nope :smile: I'd say aim to get a variety purely as a matter of interest, but it won't affect your mark as far as I know. So long as your analysis is on point.
Original post by CD223
Nope :smile: I'd say aim to get a variety purely as a matter of interest, but it won't affect your mark as far as I know. So long as your analysis is on point.

You've been a massive help mate, you ever need a handshake or a thumb wrestle, send me a PM
Reply 106
You've been a massive help mate, you ever need a handshake or a thumb wrestle, send me a PM

Aha, no worries man. If you don't mind then going onto my profile and clicking "give rep" would be great - allows others to see they can ask me questions and stuff too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Aha, no worries man. If you don't mind then going onto my profile and clicking "give rep" would be great - allows others to see they can ask me questions and stuff too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoops i just gave you some on this post, give you some more on your pro tomorrow. You doing History at uni?
Reply 108
Whoops i just gave you some on this post, give you some more on your pro tomorrow. You doing History at uni?

Ah that's okay aha! Thanks! :smile:
Ah I'm doing Computer Science at uni - how about you?
Original post by CD223
If my teacher is to be believed I got 50/50 :biggrin: but I think he overmarked me haha! It'll probably be moderated down...

I'm so nervous for this exam because I haven't properly started revising yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats amazing! WELL DONE!! :biggrin: xxx and same here, so nervous!
Original post by CD223
Ah that's okay aha! Thanks! :smile:
Ah I'm doing Computer Science at uni - how about you?

Mechanical Engineering, haha I guess it's not going to help either of us in our subjects
Reply 111
Original post by Bunny2014
Thats amazing! WELL DONE!! :biggrin: xxx and same here, so nervous!

Ah thank you! Not quite sure how when I read it back now!
Is there a topic you specifically want to come up?
Reply 112
Mechanical Engineering, haha I guess it's not going to help either of us in our subjects

Woah nice! Got an idea of where you wanna go yet?:smile:
No you're quite right!
Original post by CD223
Woah nice! Got an idea of where you wanna go yet?:smile:
No you're quite right!

Swansea as my firm and Plymouth as my insurance, you?
Reply 114
Swansea as my firm and Plymouth as my insurance, you?

Very nice!
Bath as firm and Southampton as insurance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
I've finally done some spring cleaning on my A level exam threads and today have added resources to the first post of this thread!

If anyone wants their resources adding, either post it and quote me on here, or send me a PM :smile:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
What factors would you write about if there was a question about Kaiser's abdication/fall of 2nd Reich? Apart from the whole thing about Germany needing to negotiate an armistice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Original post by cuppa
What factors would you write about if there was a question about Kaiser's abdication/fall of 2nd Reich? Apart from the whole thing about Germany needing to negotiate an armistice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you mean his fall? Is this long or short term?

Because if the time limit given was from 1900 I'd talk about:
1. the economic/social/political pressures created due to the war - the need to call an armistice/end the war,

2. Longstanding social pressures - class divisions, religious divisions,

3. The loss of confidence after the 1908 Daily Telegraph Affair and the silent dictatorship of Hindenburg and Ludendorff during (how the Kaiser had already lost effective power),

4. The desire for democracy/political change - pressure groups, interest groups, social movements etc

Does that help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
Original post by CD223
How do you mean his fall? Is this long or short term?

Because if the time limit given was from 1900 I'd talk about:
1. the economic/social/political pressures created due to the war - the need to call an armistice/end the war,

2. Longstanding social pressures - class divisions, religious divisions,

3. The loss of confidence after the 1908 Daily Telegraph Affair and the silent dictatorship of Hindenburg and Ludendorff during (how the Kaiser had already lost effective power),

4. The desire for democracy/political change - pressure groups, interest groups, social movements etc

Does that help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That does help, thanks. Just wanted to make sure someone else has similar ideas. Because I thought some of them may end up being slightly too similar, therefore not quite worthy to be separate factors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
Original post by cuppa
That does help, thanks. Just wanted to make sure someone else has similar ideas. Because I thought some of them may end up being slightly too similar, therefore not quite worthy to be separate factors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right sure! I think as long as you can think of two different "reasons" to explain your factors then they can count as two distinct factors. Does that make sense?

How's your revision going? Are you far off completing the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending