The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4720
Original post by jchap9776
Anyone seen the kids getting ripped apart about the eclipse on the Facebook group?

Those three (Adam, James and Gleb) got absolutely taken, the whole thing was just hilarious. Best entertainment on that page so far hahahaha.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by JHick
Those three (Adam, James and Gleb) got absolutely taken, the whole thing was just hilarious. Best entertainment on that page so far hahahaha.

Ikr hahaha, surprised how much early beef there has been, the eclipse was really crap in the end as well! 😂
Hi there!
To study undergraduate Economics at LSE is IB HL Economics a pre-requisite? Or is HL Math enough?

Would I be eligible to apply with HL Math and SL Economics?
My IB combination was:
HLs - Bio, Chem, Math
SLs - Econs, Lit, Chinese B

Thanks!
Original post by jemmmylim
Hi there!
To study undergraduate Economics at LSE is IB HL Economics a pre-requisite? Or is HL Math enough?

Would I be eligible to apply with HL Math and SL Economics?
My IB combination was:
HLs - Bio, Chem, Math
SLs - Econs, Lit, Chinese B

Thanks!

These are the requirements for Econ at LSE
International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 38 points including 7 6 6 at Higher level (with 7 in Mathematics)
You should look here http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degreeProgrammes2015/economics/L101_BSc_Econ.aspx
Reply 4724
Ikr hahaha, surprised how much early beef there has been, the eclipse was really crap in the end as well! ������

Yeah same it's all been really civil so far haha and then BAM out of nowhere that beef started. Yeah it was just clouds and went a bit dark on my end, jealous of some of the people on the page who got decent views tbf.
Original post by JHick
Yeah same it's all been really civil so far haha and then BAM out of nowhere that beef started. Yeah it was just clouds and went a bit dark on my end, jealous of some of the people on the page who got decent views tbf.

Yeah just seen some of the pics, oh well guess theres the next one haha
Reply 4726
Yeah just seen some of the pics, oh well guess theres the next one haha

Yeahh just gotta wait another 10 years :wink:
Do you think someone who only just missed out on an A* at GCSE could get an A* at a level maths with a lot of hard work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Do you think someone who only just missed out on an A* at GCSE could get an A* at a level maths with a lot of hard work

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, with a gargantuan emphasis on the "a lot".
Original post by hurluberlu
Hey guys, do you know if there is any way to guarantee getting a single room at LSE? Or at least, increase your chances somewhat? Also, please can someone link me to the facebook group? Very late on the uptake here :colondollar:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/423665261115786?view=info And I believe to try and guarantee a single there are certain priority indicators that you can put down on the hallpad application (eg cheapest option, single room etc) and if you only apply for single rooms that should also hel to try and guarantee it
Oh, cool! Thanks for letting me know :smile: Have you firmed and applied for accommodation already?

Yep firmed and have applied for a single room at rosebery, bankside and high holborn :smile: which halls you thinking of going for?
I'm actually still deciding between UCL and LSE but I'm pretty sure I'll end up going for LSE.. :wink: And Roseberry, Passfield and possibly Bankside? Not sure. Have to do a lot more research first I think, there are so many different things to consider about accommodation!!

ah fair enough, what subject you doing? yeah those 3 were gonna be my choices but then the whole 30week/38week contracts kinda confused me as to which ones offered which
Straight econ! And oh right, I'll have to look out for that then :s-smilie:

same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah worth reading through all the info etc :smile:
How does applying for accommodation work? Does applying later affect my chances of getting my first choice? (Probably Holborn or Bankside)
Original post by oanszwoadrei
How does applying for accommodation work? Does applying later affect my chances of getting my first choice? (Probably Holborn or Bankside)

You need to firm your offer first.
I would guess yes applying late will significantly affect your chances of getting your first choice. Even now, in March, some people are not getting their first choice. Why would you want to apply later any way?

To apply you go to HallPad - https://hallpad1.lse.ac.uk/hallpad/ and follow the simple instructions. There is a chance that you can swap your room but it will cost you £50 plus you have to find someone who wants your room as well.
Original post by JamjamjamT
You need to firm your offer first.
I would guess yes applying late will significantly affect your chances of getting your first choice. Even now, in March, some people are not getting their first choice. Why would you want to apply later any way?

To apply you go to HallPad - https://hallpad1.lse.ac.uk/hallpad/ and follow the simple instructions. There is a chance that you can swap your room but it will cost you £50 plus you have to find someone who wants your room as well.

Where did you find out that it costs £50 to swap?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my third choice of accommodation which was a high Holborn single. I've seen a few posts of people looking to swap from high Holborn to Bankside, why so? Is HH a bad hall? 😯

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Audi
I got my third choice of accommodation which was a high Holborn single. I've seen a few posts of people looking to swap from high Holborn to Bankside, why so? Is HH a bad hall? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

HH is my 3rd choice aswell -haven't heard back yet tho. Think it's more that HH is self catered and you live in small corridors with only 5 rooms off them and you need a key to that corridor - so not as social as say bankside where all rooms are off massive corridors - that's my understanding of it, could be wrong but it's something like that (HH is like 5min away from LSE so Defo has location advantage)
Original post by VedikaA
Where did you find out that it costs £50 to swap?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My dad read the terms & conditions - its in there somewhere along with a load of other things that need to happen. Dont matter to me cos I'm not swapping
Original post by Audi
I got my third choice of accommodation which was a high Holborn single. I've seen a few posts of people looking to swap from high Holborn to Bankside, why so? Is HH a bad hall? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got allocated HH as well and it was my 2nd choice.
Did you by any chance for the questions about what factors are most important to you, put "A good Social life?" I spoke to a friend at LSE, and he seems to think they are trying to make HH a more 'social' accommodation by grouping together the more 'outgoing' individuals. If you didn't, then he was obviously just talking complete BS, and it's just a fairly random process.

Quick Reply