The Student Room Group

muslim and finding it difficult to control sexual urges

hey so im a 16 yyear old muslim so you probably know i cant exactly get a boyfriend without my parents going crazy... unfortunately i get aroused often but its not like i can have sex right now to satisfy myself...

anyone else in my situation? any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
advice anyone? :frown:
Reply 2
Im a muslim guy .Do you not think Muslim guys masturbate as well but dont talk about it?,its fine and natural and your only human.Its not halal but its also not harram either. If people say its Shaytan tell them to **** off.If you killed someone and the police asked why you did it are you going to say shaytan told you to .No your not its your own conscious that decided to do it.Speak to your mother about this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Well I think you either need to control your urges or admit to yourself that satisfying them (be it on your own or with a partner) is more important to you that the religion you were raised with.
Well if you can't have sex or masturbate, what other way is there to relieve sexual frustration?
If Allah exists and you have urges then surely it's fair to assume that Allah wants you to accept these urges. To not do so would be to turn down Allah's gift to you.
Reply 6
Original post by 061194
Im a muslim guy .Do you not think Muslim guys masturbate as well but dont talk about it?,its fine and natural and your only human.Its not halal but its also not harram either. If people say its Shaytan tell them to f*ck off.If you killed someone and the police asked why you did it are you going to say shaytan told you to .No your not its your own conscious that decided to do it.Speak to your mother about this.

speak to my mum about masturbating? are you serious? :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by shahzeb111
Assalamu alaykum. For a teenager getting sexual urges it not uncommon but it's important we control them so you don't fall into any major sin like zina. One advice I would give is too fast as fasting diminishes sexual power as said by Prophet Muhammad saw. Another advice would be is too keep yourself busy at all times like studying or doing something useful and avoid looking at material that provokes sexual thoughts such as some films, videos etc. Hopefully this helps :smile:

see the problem with this is that studying isnt productive when im aroused... have you ever actually tried to study when you've got a strong sexual urge? it doesn't work.
Reply 8
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Well if you can't have sex or masturbate, what other way is there to relieve sexual frustration?

well im starting to think that people who say its wrong and i should use willpower or keep busy are people who have low sex drives. :/
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
speak to my mum about masturbating? are you serious? :s-smilie:

Your a girl.Unless your in a strict family .Then what else can you do ?Im in a lenient so called muslim family..If you have sisters talk to them or your mum about it.Your dad will probably crucify you if he finds out that your asking people on the internet about controlling sexual urges.

Reply 10
well im starting to think that people who say its wrong and i should use willpower or keep busy are people who have low sex drives. :/

Why don't you just have sex? - I mean surely your parents should accept you for who you are..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shahzeb111
Fair enough but my point is to keep yourself busy as much as possible in various things so you don't get as much of these sexual urges as your mind will be occupied (if that makes sense). Also as I said before why don't you try fasting for a few times and see if that works, trust me it really helps :smile:

isnt the point of fasting in that case to distract my arousal with my hunger?
so analogy would be ignoring a pain in my body by causing another bigger pain somewhere else on my body... that doesn't sound good actually
Ever seen Sugar Rush...?
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
If Allah exists and you have urges then surely it's fair to assume that Allah wants you to accept these urges. To not do so would be to turn down Allah's gift to you.

OP probably wants practical advice on how to control sexual urges rather than a debate
Original post by 061194
Your a girl.Unless your in a strict family .Then what else can you do ?Im in a lenient so called muslim family..If you have sisters talk to them or your mum about it.Your dad will probably crucify you if he finds out that your asking people on the internet about controlling sexual urges.

fml
Original post by BB1523
Why don't you just have sex? - I mean surely your parents should accept you for who you are..

Posted from TSR Mobile

um... i guess you don't know what muslim parents are like. see the post above with big fonts
Original post by onderk
Waiting on the hate against Islamic rules, not called islamophobia of course

OP, when you are able to free yourself from the shackles of this absurd belief that sexual fulfilment outside marriage is "sinful" you will have an intense feeling of liberation.

Islamic rules go against human nature, the sex drive is one of our most basic and powerful, the means by which reproduce ourselves and replicate our DNA.

To state this isn't to have a psychological condition, to possess a phobia, it is simply pointing out the obvious.
Reply 17
um... i guess you don't know what muslim parents are like. see the post above with big fonts

I do know what they're like but this is why i'm a deontologist and am a supporter of existentialist - do you think that your parents are rational about this? - pm me, if you want -I do feel for you... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say that you should maybe masturbate but just not tell anyone etc. Seriously does the Koran specifically prohibit it and even if it does it is not like murdering anyone as long as you repent.
(edited 9 years ago)
Masturbate? That's what I do. Seems to work.

Not sure if it's allowed... surely if it stops you from engaging in sex before marriage it's okay? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending