The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
:hugs: What's wrong? Feels like we haven't spoken in a while! :wavey:

Want to quit. Don't even make it in the second team... :frown: Cried have of the day and did not really participate in the training. I don't see a reason getting after the ball, anyone else better than me. Thus I am frustrated and not nice, and of course nobody would want to train with me. Will leave long or short anyway, because I won't have any reason and everyone will get to dislike me ... I am just hindering the others.

I would like to be nice and motivated like the others, but can't, I have no fun at all and evey time just another time proving me, how bad I am.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ScaryScience
really really not good at all :bawling:

*breaks out the mega-hugs*

:jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:

:grouphugs: :grouphugs: :grouphugs:
Original post by Nathanielle
Want to quit. Don't even make it in the second team... :frown: Cried have of the day and did not really participate in the training. I don't see a reason getting after the ball, anyone else better than me. Thus I am frustrated and not nice, and of course nobody would want to train with me. Will leave long or short anyway, because I won't have any reason and everyone will get to dislike me ... I am just hindering the others.

:console: Sounds like you're seeing yourself very negatively at the moment. Maybe give yourself the night off from thinking in terms of being 'good enough' for things, and just try and enjoy what you're doing for what it is?

As for people disliking you, I just don't buy it. :tongue: You're a lovely person - everybody has their off days, but I'm sure in general you get on with them all well enough. :smile:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
I'm doing okay. :redface: Very aware that I'm living within my safe little bubble, but I'm alright with that, if that's the way it has to be at the moment. I still have horrendous days but it's not one permanent nightmare any more. Dont know how long it will last. :redface:

Much love to you all (and some of you should have post... :ninja: :tongue: ). I'm always around if people need. :yes: :grouphugs:

Don't worry lovely - keeping safe is most important thing. Stay in the bubble as long as you need to :kissing2:

Original post by Pathway
thank you you're too nice to me. you can always pm me too, but im pretty useless :/

Not useless at all :nah:

:cry2::cry:

:jumphug:

Original post by Anonymous #2
Really not feeling good, like I'm not real or here. I'm staring and can't focus, something feels really wrong, I've never felt like this before

Do you need help grounding? :console:

Original post by ScaryScience
really really not good at all :bawling:

:jumphug: On Facebook if you need a rant :console:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

thank you

--------

Spoiler

*breaks out the mega-hugs*

:jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:

:grouphugs: :grouphugs: :grouphugs:

thanks, definitely needed :frown:
Don't worry lovely - keeping safe is most important thing. Stay in the bubble as long as you need to :kissing2:

:jumphug:

:jumphug: On Facebook if you need a rant :console:

:console: Sounds like you're seeing yourself very negatively at the moment. Maybe give yourself the night off from thinking in terms of being 'good enough' for things, and just try and enjoy what you're doing for what it is?

Don't know how, tried it so often and then capitulated and then it gets harder and harder...

As for people disliking you, I just don't buy it. :tongue: You're a lovely person - everybody has their off days, but I'm sure in general you get on with them all well enough. :smile:

I have way too much off days...

How are you?
(edited 9 years ago)

I would like to be nice and motivated like the others, but can't, I have no fun at all and evey time just another time proving me, how bad I am.

:hugs: I'm sorry to hear you didn't make the second team, I can see why that would be a big deal. However, if you want to quit you should do it for your own reasons not other people's - ie don't quit because you think people will eventually dislike you (though as superwolf said you seem really nice so I don't think that would be an issue), but if you're no longer getting any enjoyment out of it then that's a better (imo) reason to quit.

I know how horrible it can feel to feel like you're the worst person playing, but you definitely won't get any better if you don't keep practicing.

Thanks
Don't know how, tried it so often and then capitulated and then it gets harder and harder...

I have way too much off days...

Do you think it's a general attitude towards life that needs changing? Maybe pushing yourself to be like others/compete against them is spoiling your ability to relax and have a good time doing your hobbies?

And I don't know about your teammates, but I definitely give you the wolfie seal of approval. :animal:

:hugs: Does it feel like dissociation? This might sound like a ridiculous idea, but if you have any crisps (cheese and onion or salt and vinegar work best for me :tongue:) try eating them. The crunchiness/sharpness of them kind of helps bring me back to reality sometimes. :colondollar:

I don't know, I've never dissociated before I don't think :dontknow: Everything feels weird and my face is burning. I've lit a scented candle, not sure if that will do anything

I'm not sure, I don't know what would help, this has never happened before. Thanks though :smile:

edit: actually, do you mind if I pm you?
Went out to mail a letter and think I may have grossly insulted some guy. Was walking with my wife to the post office and while walking I ducked behind my wife to the side further from the road. I then looked ahead and saw this black guy on the side of my wife giving me the dirtiest look ever. :colondollar:

People keep looking at me too, pretty sure they're spies but I don't know why they'd be needed with the guy telling his superiors where I am and what I'm doing 24/7. Unless they're just there to scare me/remind me how powerful they are - in which case, it's definitely working. :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #2

I'm not sure, I don't know what would help, this has never happened before. Thanks though :smile:

edit: actually, do you mind if I pm you?

Of course, go for it :hugs:
Do you think it's a general attitude towards life that needs changing? Maybe pushing yourself to be like others/compete against them is spoiling your ability to relax and have a good time doing your hobbies?

Well, they are all competing, I think ... you are probably right, but I would love to play as well and not being worse than everyone...
Hey everyone :smile:

i'd like to tell you all to keep holding on, be very very strong and have faith and hope because when everything is fallingsapart, we have to hold onto these little powerful things to move forward. Don't forget to tell those you love that you love them and show it to them (including yourselves :h: ), be kind to yourselves and try to think that tomorrow is a different day. We have to know that tomorrow always comes even if things are too hard, even if it takes time, don't abandon yourselves.
Has anyone thought of contacting Samaritans? I think they can be of great help. And if anyone at any time needs someone to talk they can message me :hugs:

Take care you all! <3
Original post by Sabertooth
Went out to mail a letter and think I may have grossly insulted some guy. Was walking with my wife to the post office and while walking I ducked behind my wife to the side further from the road. I then looked ahead and saw this black guy on the side of my wife giving me the dirtiest look ever. :colondollar:

People keep looking at me too, pretty sure they're spies but I don't know why they'd be needed with the guy telling his superiors where I am and what I'm doing 24/7. Unless they're just there to scare me/remind me how powerful they are - in which case, it's definitely working. :frown:

Because he could see how amazing your aura is :yep:

Remember you didnt do it to insult him at all, so ignore him, im guessing you dont even know him!
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got all my uni offers :smile: Felt mostly ok today mentally, then went hyper and now completely crashed but that's my own fault I guess. Also survived the train and lots of people and an interview!

Hope people are ok, especially Anon#2/Scary/Pathway/Nathanielle (sorry if I've missed anyone :redface:)- here if any of you want to talk :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Got all my uni offers :smile: Felt mostly ok today mentally, then went hyper and now completely crashed but that's my own fault I guess. Also survived the train and lots of people and an interview!

Hope people are ok, especially Anon#2/Scary/Pathway/Nathanielle (sorry if I've missed anyone :redface:)- here if any of you want to talk :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uni offers?? :teeth:
Original post by furryface12

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo: for uni offers and well done on the train! :biggrin: Much as I love trains, they can be terrible things :sadnod: Especially when screaming kids or/and rush hour are involved :afraid: Such things make me hate trains :sadnod:

/rant :tongue:

Well done on the interview too :h:
Original post by PandaWho
Because he could see how amazing your aura is :yep:

Remember you didnt do it to insult him at all, so ignore him, im guessing you dont even know him!
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I didn't know him. Tbh I was happy he didn't try to punch me or anything :tongue:

Latest