The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
Got all my uni offers :smile: Felt mostly ok today mentally, then went hyper and now completely crashed but that's my own fault I guess. Also survived the train and lots of people and an interview!

Hope people are ok, especially Anon#2/Scary/Pathway/Nathanielle (sorry if I've missed anyone :redface:)- here if any of you want to talk :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So proud of you!!! :love: It came on my timehop today that I got my first (only :colondollar:) offer a year ago today :colondollar:

It's all good, thanks though :smile:
Original post by superwolf
Uni offers?? :teeth:

Yep! :woo: Well done for yours too, I have a feeling I never got round to saying that! :getmecoat:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:woo: for uni offers and well done on the train! :biggrin: Much as I love trains, they can be terrible things :sadnod: Especially when screaming kids or/and rush hour are involved :afraid: Such things make me hate trains :sadnod:

/rant :tongue:

Well done on the interview too :h:

Thanks! Completely agree with all of that, not good for bad thoughts either :erm: I did manage to avoid rush hour today though, even if a little girl did spend most of one of them trying to climb up my leg :eek:
Thanks, I barely spoke in it and didn't say anything useful at all I don't think so probably a good job they'd already said they'd give me an offer :colondollar:

Original post by Anonymous #2
So proud of you!!! :love: It came on my timehop today that I got my first (only :colondollar:) offer a year ago today :colondollar:

It's all good, thanks though :smile:

Thanks :redface: 20th March is clearly a good day for it then!
Glad you're ok :hugs:

In other random furry news, I have a jazz concert tomorrow and I've never played some of the pieces, can't find my black trousers, don't have a band polo shirt, haven't a clue what solos I'm playing except one improvised one I can't do and have no idea how on earth I'm meant to get to where it is on a saturday evening. On top of which I've done a lot today so CFS is likely to be messed up and I've never tried playing tenor sax for that long before. This could go well...

Edit: Judging by the length of that also possibly going hyper again, sorry guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I feel as if everyday is like a roller coaster. I go from feeling great to feeling very very down in a split second, multiple times a day :frown: is this just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anastas
Hey everyone :smile:

i'd like to tell you all to keep holding on, be very very strong and have faith and hope because when everything is fallingsapart, we have to hold onto these little powerful things to move forward. Don't forget to tell those you love that you love them and show it to them (including yourselves :h: ), be kind to yourselves and try to think that tomorrow is a different day. We have to know that tomorrow always comes even if things are too hard, even if it takes time, don't abandon yourselves.
Has anyone thought of contacting Samaritans? I think they can be of great help. And if anyone at any time needs someone to talk they can message me :hugs:

Take care you all! <3

I've never contacted Samaritans before but I used to use ChildLine (I think it was?) but they were pretty rubbish...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by strawberrysnow
I feel as if everyday is like a roller coaster. I go from feeling great to feeling very very down in a split second, multiple times a day :frown: is this just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I've ever experienced it to that extreme. It sounds really tough for you. Big squishy TLG hugs for you! :jumphug:
I've never contacted Samaritans before but I used to use ChildLine (I think it was?) but they were pretty rubbish...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really like Samaritans to be honest! Aw i'm so sorry to hear that. Why were they rubbish though? :frown:

Thanks! Completely agree with all of that, not good for bad thoughts either :erm: I did manage to avoid rush hour today though, even if a little girl did spend most of one of them trying to climb up my leg :eek:
Thanks, I barely spoke in it and didn't say anything useful at all I don't think so probably a good job they'd already said they'd give me an offer :colondollar:

Oops sorry, only just noticed you'd replied :facepalm: Such a noobface.

Urgh, that girl sounds like a nightmare :eek:

Dw, interviews are nervewracking as hell. I remember having an interview where I was literally shaking and nearly dropped my cup of water (thankfully I didn't and even if I had, it was plastic and not glass) :colondollar:

Also, SAXOMAPHONE! SAXOMAPHONE! :love: I wish I played a sax. Any sax. Violin is so dull in comparison :sadnod:
I don't think I've ever experienced it to that extreme. It sounds really tough for you. Big squishy TLG hugs for you! :jumphug:

Aww thank you :smile:

Do you mind if I PM you sometime? ><

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you considered talking to a doctor about it?
Original post by anastas
I really like Samaritans to be honest! Aw i'm so sorry to hear that. Why were they rubbish though? :frown:

Have you contacted Samaritans before then? How? By phone?

Honestly, I think ChildLine just made me feel worse and more panicky because they always thought that I was in danger of harming myself if I tried to explain how I felt, so they were saying that they might have to track my phone down for my safety etc, which basically got me even more worried so I would always just end up trying to reassure them that I was ok (when I wasn't), and yeah they weren't of much help really... But I guess they're not professionals so I shouldn't have expected them to actually help me properly... :tongue:
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you considered talking to a doctor about it?

I have xD they know about my mental issues
Aww thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure you can do! I'm better with some issues (e.g. voice hearing) than other issues (e.g. social anxiety, abuse and SH). But if you think I might be able to help, you are welcome to drop me a line :yes:
Yep! :woo: Well done for yours too, I have a feeling I never got round to saying that! :getmecoat:

:five: :five: :five:
Have you contacted Samaritans before then? How? By phone?

Honestly, I think ChildLine just made me feel worse and more panicky because they always thought that I was in danger of harming myself if I tried to explain how I felt, so they were saying that they might have to track my phone down for my safety etc, which basically got me even more worried so I would always just end up trying to reassure them that I was ok (when I wasn't), and yeah they weren't of much help really... But I guess they're not professionals so I shouldn't have expected them to actually help me properly... :tongue:

Yes, i have emailed them. It really helped get off of my chest all the negative feelings and pressure. They told me that although they cannot offer advice they are there to talk whenever i want to. It really helps knowing that someone you don't even know volunteers to make people feel a bit better, to make us feel we're not alone. I liked that they do not criticize and judge, they are there and listen to you. It's all confidential, they can't even see your number or email address and they do not share information with anyone else, they usually reply within 12 hours :smile: You can phone, email them and meet them in their offices i think.
Oh now i see, i'm sorry things didn't work out, you may like Samaritans more :yep:
Spent most of my evening doing brownie things, THINK iv nearly got everything sorted for my pack holiday AND for my license :banana:

Though been awful on food today, like shockingly so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anastas
Yes, i have emailed them. It really helped get off of my chest all the negative feelings and pressure. They told me that although they cannot offer advice they are there to talk whenever i want to. It really helps knowing that someone you don't even know volunteers to make people feel a bit better, to make us feel we're not alone. I liked that they do not criticize and judge, they are there and listen to you. It's all confidential, they can't even see your number or email address and they do not share information with anyone else, they usually reply within 12 hours :smile: You can phone, email them and meet them in their offices i think.
Oh now i see, i'm sorry things didn't work out, you may like Samaritans more :yep:

That does sound very tempting - I might do that if I can't hold myself together before seeing a psychiatrist that I'm supposed to have sessions with soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That does sound very tempting - I might do that if I can't hold myself together before seeing a psychiatrist that I'm supposed to have sessions with soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope everythings goes great with your psychiatrist :h: Of course, you can PM me anytime for whatever you need, no need to even ask about it :hugs: Best of luck with your psychiatrist and take care :^_^:
Oops sorry, only just noticed you'd replied :facepalm: Such a noobface.

Urgh, that girl sounds like a nightmare :eek:

Dw, interviews are nervewracking as hell. I remember having an interview where I was literally shaking and nearly dropped my cup of water (thankfully I didn't and even if I had, it was plastic and not glass) :colondollar:

Also, SAXOMAPHONE! SAXOMAPHONE! :love: I wish I played a sax. Any sax. Violin is so dull in comparison :sadnod:

Not a noobface at all! :nah:

Knocked over a glass of water at one once, and could barely hold the pen today and drew a diagram with water apparently at the top of a bottle, so definitely understand that one!

Saxophones are awesome! The tenor's only borrowed though and going o have to give it back soon :sad: Violins are pretty good too though (after people have been playing a while :tongue:) :yep:

Original post by superwolf
:five: :five: :five:

:woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saxophones are awesome! The tenor's only borrowed though and going o have to give it back soon :sad: Violins are pretty good too though (after people have been playing a while :tongue:) :yep:

I've been playing since I was 7 and I still don't sound pretty good :tongue: (Well unless I'm playing Baroque violin. Then I used to sound amazing :awesome: But I'm too rusty for all that now :frown: )
It's ma birthday, it's ma birthday, ima spend my moneyyyy

Latest