The Student Room Group

Which Monarch from history would you choose to be?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Izzyeviel
Caligula. :cool:

Rule for a whopping 4 years, then get stabbed to death by your own guards?
Original post by Sir Fox
Rule for a whopping 4 years, then get stabbed to death by your own guards?

Yes but in the mean time I get to a lot of stabbing :cool:
My three favourite rulers are Elizabeth I, Richard III and Vlad the Impaler, but I don't think I'd choose to be any of them.

Richard III: killed in battle and then humiliated, no thank you.

Vlad: murdered a lot of people. I feel guilty for stepping on a snail, I don't think I'd be well suited for that.

Elizabeth: whilst I love and adore her, she was so indecisive and had a lot of plots against her life.

I don't know, maybe Charles II? He was a lot of fun.
Edward II
Reply 24
Original post by Lady Comstock
Why do STEM students always have to enrich everything?

Fixed.
Original post by edawson_96
My three favourite rulers are Elizabeth I, Richard III and Vlad the Impaler, but I don't think I'd choose to be any of them.

Richard III: killed in battle and then humiliated, no thank you.

Vlad: murdered a lot of people. I feel guilty for stepping on a snail, I don't think I'd be well suited for that.

Elizabeth: whilst I love and adore her, she was so indecisive and had a lot of plots against her life.

I don't know, maybe Charles II? He was a lot of fun.

I agree with you. They were all amazing people! However, I think that Charles II had a really bad childhood- being exiled to France etc. Plus the great fire of London was a disaster :/
Original post by dauntlesstraitor
I agree with you. They were all amazing people! However, I think that Charles II had a really bad childhood- being exiled to France etc. Plus the great fire of London was a disaster :/

Ah, that's a good point actually! Anyone I like seems to have had something terrible happen. 😕
Isabella of Castille
Queen Victoria.
King Henry VIII. His power was the most absolute an English monarch's ever been. He also had more women, wealth and castles than any monarch has any right to. Although, I will say that I'd be a more humane Henry VIII, and I'd likely seek more glory than his poor campaigns in France brought him.
Charles II or Louis XIV. Go fun or go home.
Reply 31
Trajan or Marcus Aurelius. They weren't kings technically, but imho the best Roman emperors.

In England, always respected Edward I, and Henry VII. His son and granddaughter relied on his bringing stability to the country.

Cyrus the Great.

Alaric.

Robert the Bruce.
Napoleon III

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending