The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
You never know man.

I would agree that United getting CL would bring in more general quality, however you've seen what we can do if Rodgers gets a system working.

Bar a good result against city at home, I don't think we've seen Rodgers achieve anything much yet tbh. You're on a good run at the moment but still have plenty to prove.
lol red card for the baggies already
Another mistaken identity event too, not even surprised anymore.
Did he referee the 6-0 at Chelsea?
The referees are pathetically bad, but you aren't allowed to criticize the poor darlings for some ridiculous reason.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Bar a good result against city at home, I don't think we've seen Rodgers achieve anything much yet tbh. You're on a good run at the moment but still have plenty to prove.

Oh I agree completely.

Rodgers has shown great tactics and management in domestic football but he needs to be able to adapt to European football - it isn't always the same.

If we make top 4 again though, it would be interesting to see what happens.
Under Rodgers we're a little unpredictable, especially at the start of the season.
R.I.P Theo Walcott
What happened to my boy Ozil?
Reply 5088
Original post by iamthetruth
What happened to my boy Ozil?

Illness according to the BBC
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Another mistaken identity event too, not even surprised anymore.

At least we know he ain't a racist towards light skinned guys.
Original post by EddyP
I'd much rather Man U lose than Liverpool. If Man U get in the top four they won't have any problem attracting world-beating players, but even if Liverpool make top four I don't think they'll be able to buy players of the same quality. Champions League Man U is more dangerous than Champions League Liverpool.

I'd rather Arsenal finished 4th with Man U 5th or below than Arsenal 2nd with Man U in the CL places.

Or maybe Liverpool will be able to attract top players due to CL and United will be able to attract them despite not having it
Original post by difeo
Or maybe Liverpool will be able to attract top players due to CL and United will be able to attract them despite not having it

Liverpool can't afford the top players

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Liverpool can't afford the top players

Posted from TSR Mobile

They spent 117m last summer. Take away 75m from Suarez and that's 42m so they could afford like one top player and nothing else if it's the same as last year. But they'll probably have a bit more with CL money.
Original post by difeo

Nobody wants to go to Liverpool they tried to buy Sanchez, Shaqiri, Salah & Isco.
Nobody wants to go to Liverpool they tried to buy Sanchez, Shaqiri, Salah & Isco.

true lol at liverpool

That's because players didn't want to risk it in case last season was a one off.

Rodgers has shown us last season wasn't fluke by demonstrating he can get this team working and churning out excellent runs of form.

Of course this means little if we don't make top 4, however a second consecutive CL place is a big step up from the first because it demonstrates consistency and makes it potentially a viable option for fringe players of the best few clubs in the world.
Original post by Lúcio
Oh I agree completely.

Rodgers has shown great tactics and management in domestic football but he needs to be able to adapt to European football - it isn't always the same.

If we make top 4 again though, it would be interesting to see what happens.
Under Rodgers we're a little unpredictable, especially at the start of the season.

Thing is if Rodgers is a 2nd half of the season manager then there's absolutely no point of him being in Europe.
(edited 9 years ago)
Wow, that Newcastle side has 2 defenders in it and the youth team on the bench :lolwut:

Arsenal really should win this by 5 or 6.
We'd prefer to go into this with no pressure ^ :colonhash:

Seen the lineup ages ago but...Why the **** is Alexis playing ffs :angry:

Original post by Lúcio
x

Shhh no tears. Just transfer dreams.
:colone:
Nvm, very strong line up imo. Will be an easy game so not too worried about Alexis

Latest