The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
I'm browsing TSR and listening to my favorite band. Whenever I try telling my wife what's going on she just replies that shouldn't I be used to it by now. :frown:

Trouble sleeping?

Your wife's response makes me wanna do this face at her : :nothing: How can she think that's a helpful thing to say?! Argh!!!

Yeah bit of a late night, I got wound up by peeps in the Religion subforum and was fighting noobfaces :horse:
Original post by ScaryScience
Happy birthday, have a good one! :smile:

Original post by strawberrysnow
Happy birthday sweetie :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by lauraaaaa

Happy Birthday! :birthday:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Are you on any meds to take the edge off your OCD? Sorry to hear you have depression as well :console:

Are you able to go out if someone accompanies you? Is that any better?
Not at the moment as I have so many physical symptoms I feel like if there's a transitionary period of more anxiety I'll literally pop...

Not really, not at the stage where my body will allow that :frown:

Thanks for being so nice!! :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
Not at the moment as I have so many physical symptoms I feel like if there's a transitionary period of more anxiety I'll literally pop...

Not really, not at the stage where my body will allow that :frown:

Thanks for being so nice!! :hugs:

No worries, just wish I could do or say something that could help you :frown:
MHSS I need you help, love and support.

As I'm sure you're all aware, I really like this girl and have been meaning to tell her this for a while and face-to-face. She sent a cryptic (I think) tweet about wanting her crush to simply ask her out. I don't know who she is implying, the only thing that could imply it's me, is that when I first met her she told me she had no interest in relationships and now she clearly is. She is currently in a different place, but she'll be back in my hometown for a few days before heading of again back home for 3 weeks. There's no guarantee that I'd see her this week either so should risk it and say my feelings via Facebook?

I sent her some messages about telling him, she saw them but she was busy and didn't respond.

What would you guys do in the situation, please let me know :redface: I really like her, but I'm scared :colondollar:
that was a bad bad idea
Original post by IDukem

As I'm sure you're all aware, I really like this girl and have been meaning to tell her this for a while and face-to-face. She sent a cryptic (I think) tweet about wanting her crush to simply ask her out. I don't know who she is implying, the only thing that could imply it's me, is that when I first met her she told me she had no interest in relationships and now she clearly is. She is currently in a different place, but she'll be back in my hometown for a few days before heading of again back home for 3 weeks. There's no guarantee that I'd see her this week either so should risk it and say my feelings via Facebook?

I sent her some messages about telling him, she saw them but she was busy and didn't respond.

What would you guys do in the situation, please let me know :redface: I really like her, but I'm scared :colondollar:

Maybe ask to meet up? That way you can gage her reaction in person maybe? Might be easier that way? It's okay to be scared, I was terrified when I first met my girlfriend aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
that was a bad bad idea

You ok? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
that was a bad bad idea

:hugs: hope you're okay Scary!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
Maybe ask to meet up? That way you can gage her reaction in person maybe? Might be easier that way? It's okay to be scared, I was terrified when I first met my girlfriend aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd love too! But she's currently away for a few days and then having a quick stop before heading of again for a while (thus meaning having more time shouldering these feelings). Funnily enough, I'd rather it be face-to-face for that very reason, I'm practicing what to put in a Facebook message on word (:colondollar: :colondollar:) and it's hard to translate my feelings on there hahaaa.

I'll probably go back to year 9 me and send it, run away from the screen and come back to it an hour later :lol:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
No worries, just wish I could do or say something that could help you :frown:
Just taking an interest has helped so thank you :h:
Original post by IDukem
I'd love too! But she's currently away for a few days and then having a quick stop before heading of again for a while (thus meaning having more time shouldering these feelings). Funnily enough, I'd rather it be face-to-face for that very reason, I'm practicing what to put in a Facebook message on word (:colondollar: :colondollar:) and it's hard to translate my feelings on there hahaaa.

I'll probably go back to year 9 me and send it, run away from the screen and come back to it an hour later :lol:

Ah okay, that's annoying! Maybe just say you wanna chat? That way you can see how things go when you do?

I did that all the time lol, even just with friends I would worry they'd not reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem

Aw please don't get yourself hurt!

I really hope it is a cryptic tweet and not that she's talking about another guy... 😕

I think you should ask who the guy is to be honest better than potentially going on a wild goose chase
that was a bad bad idea

You okay? :hugs: Am around if chatting would help. Please stay safe :jumphug:
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
Ah okay, that's annoying! Maybe just say you wanna chat? That way you can see how things go when you do?

I did that all the time lol, even just with friends I would worry they'd not reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might just risk it! At least I know what to do next...feelings go away man :lol:

One time I said I liked them on MSN, logged off and went to sleep :tongue:

Aw please don't get yourself hurt!

I really hope it is a cryptic tweet and not that she's talking about another guy...

I think you should ask who the guy is to be honest better than potentially going on a wild goose chase

That's the risk though! But, I have many people who'll pick me up and dust me off if that were the case :smile:

It's just that she never said anything about liking a guy other than that she didn't want a relationship during the first week of knowing her (when I didn't have romantic feelings at the time).

I don't like prying :redface:

Well I wrote like 200+ message on word, just trying to figure out whether to click copy, then paste and then send :colondollar:
Original post by IDukem
I might just risk it! At least I know what to do next...feelings go away man :lol:

One time I said I liked them on MSN, logged off and went to sleep :tongue:

That's the risk though! But, I have many people who'll pick me up and dust me off if that were the case :smile:

It's just that she never said anything about liking a guy other than that she didn't want a relationship during the first week of knowing her (when I didn't have romantic feelings at the time).

Well I wrote like 200+ message on word, just trying to figure out whether to click copy, then paste and then send :colondollar:

I hope it goes well for you! I'm jealous, I haven't had a crush on anyone in months

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I hope it goes well for you! I'm jealous, I haven't had a crush on anyone in months

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :h: Usually you crush on someone that you randomly bump into one day and getting to know them...at least it's usually like that for me.

This is my first crush like feelings for like a year or so for me :colondollar:
Original post by IDukem

awww :smile: so I take it the message is about you liking her?

If people will pick you up then maybe go for it as long as you won't fall to hard if it turns out it's someone else...
awww :smile: so I take it the message is about you liking her?

If people will pick you up then maybe go for it as long as you won't fall to hard if it turns out it's someone else...

Yeah I don't want to rush into a relationship, it'd be great if we could work our way to one if she liked me :smile:

Obviously I'll feel a little meh, but at the same time I can rest knowing I got my answer and can start moving on. She's so great that I want her in my life in any positive context :h: