The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_wizard123
Aguero was the correct call but that game was why I quit. Kane captainers should hang their heads in shame if they also own Aguero.

WBA haven't conceded many lately so why did Aguero make sense?
Reply 4681
Aguero was the correct call but that game was why I quit. Kane captainers should hang their heads in shame if they also own Aguero.

Er, why? :lolwut:

I don't see how even before the game Aguero was the the correct call, prior to today he had scored 3 goals and 3 assists in his last 10 games, Kane 11 goals and 3 assists in his last 10 games and with Pulis at the helm, West Brom have been decent at the back lately, Leicester on the other hand haven't really. I may even consider replacing Aguero, he just hasn't hit the same kind of goalscoring form he was showing prior to his injury and is hardly justifying his price right now. So for me, it was a no brainer between Kane and Aguero this GW.
(edited 9 years ago)
First time in a long time I've had a big hitter as my captain but of course I come up in H2H with someone who has the same and more :rolleyes:

Looks like mid table mediocrity for me in the normal league close to 50 and top 10 in the H2H league, I was doing well in the H2H league at one point.
Original post by Zerforax
WBA haven't conceded many lately so why did Aguero make sense?

Original post by Olie
Er, why? :lolwut:

I don't see how even before the game Aguero was the the correct call, prior to today he had scored 3 goals and 3 assists in his last 10 games, Kane 11 goals and 3 assists in his last 10 games and with Pulis at the helm, West Brom have been decent at the back lately, Leicester on the other hand haven't really. I may even consider replacing Aguero, he just hasn't hit the same kind of goalscoring form he was showing prior to his injury and is hardly justifying his price right now. So for me, it was a no brainer between Kane and Aguero this GW.

because Football is wrong and Little Wizard is right, and when such disobedience occurs the game is punished with a giant flounce.
West Brom decent? They'd just been destroyed twice by the worst attacking team in Europe. The 'correct' decision (without being a hindsight hero) is to go with the player with the highest expected value of points, which was Aguero. I'd be absolutely sickened if some moron got 15(?) more points because they captained Harry bloody Kane over Aguero. 43 shots as well for City today :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Normally like your posts but I don't see why someone picking Harry Kane as captain for a home fixture against the side bottom of the league makes them a ''moron''. Picking the main striker of the reigning champions with a formidable home record, who are known for thrashing bottom half sides at home, does not takes any degree of skill or footballing knowledge either.
lol @ littlewizard
It was a troll post, but maintain that Aguero was the correct decision for the reason I gave. Pick the captain who has the highest expectation for points scoring as it'll work out over the season.

I just share the annoyance of all Aguero captainers tonight - they were right and should have faith they did the right thing and just got crazily unlucky.

I love you too, sr90. I've added my sig to the post just for you.
Little Wizard should write a personal letter to Harry Kane and ask him what the hell he thinks he's doing banging in his 32nd, 33rd and 34th (THIRTY FOURTH) goals of the season when according to the Super Fantasy Football Scout Anorak My-First-Excel-Spreadsheet Wanger Ratio Win-Calculation Sergio was meant to get all the goal pie today.

I bet LW was one of those posters last year having a toy/pram attack about Yaya (amongst others) spitting out anomalous form and causing the wrong managers, the casuals, to do well. I near peed my y'sers at that I can tell you.
Lol @ Anorak. He's the worst of them. Good call.

And you know I was. Where's his 20 goals and 83.3% set piece conversion gone? I will tell you where. The same place as Ramsey. In the FPL bin for casuals.

How are you doing in FPL this season, MisterDead? Is Andy still the king?
Also I'll have you know I put money on Kane for PFA POTY. Currently around 3/1. You don't want to know his odds at the start of the season.

And you know I was. Where's his 20 goals and 83.3% set piece conversion gone? I will tell you where. The same place as Ramsey. In the FPL bin for casuals.

And how many teams are these players in this year? Pretty much zero. You refused to accept it to your own loss, everyone else capitalised then moved on.

That's the problem with playing the stat game hard - you may well outscore a casual 9 out of every 10 seasons, but you'll likely never win big because you'll miss out on all the stuff stats often don't predict or explain, like being in a groove. A mistake you made last year with Toure and Ramsey and seemingly having not learned your lesson, today, with Kane.

better than last year but not nearly as well as i would like. had a very good start, for me (top 20ish), but have been sliding recently.
(edited 9 years ago)
Is Andy still the king?

who is Andy?
I would obviously own Kane, it was more that Toure was way overpriced and Kane would have to cost a lot to be overpriced, and I'm guessing he doesn't.

Andyftw. I bet he's top 10.
60 points. Kane captained, had Taylor on the bench though. 3 to play. Been quite a while since I made a good captain choice.
61 with Hazard and Sturridge to play.

Not fantastic but Kane (c) where my rivals didn't meant I may pull out a 20 point gap this week.
Original post by Zerforax
61 with Hazard and Sturridge to play.

Not fantastic but Kane (c) where my rivals didn't meant I may pull out a 20 point gap this week.

56 with same as you left, plus zouma and Sakho.

Considering i captained aguero instead of kane, I think 56 pts with 4 players to go is a pretty damn good score.
I lost 17 bloody points from my captain choice....that's hard go take.

Hopefully Liverpool can cheer me up today!
(edited 9 years ago)

Are you referring to City's dominance here though? It's one of those things you don't account for that the opposition have a red card in the first minute. If people were to know that would happen, I'm sure in hindsight we would have all captained Aguero.
Put up 77 with ivanovic and hazard to go. Captained kane as I said I would, after 4 weeks of freefalling I needed a hit and I got it.
Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeego!

(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest