The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
but not a lot of height.

kosc is 6'1
gabriel is only 6

merts is 6'5

Agreed. Madness that Wenger took off Bellerin when you were under the kosh defending set-pieces. Bellerin's a towering lad.
Original post by Mackay
Agreed. Madness that Wenger took off Bellerin when you were under the kosh defending set-pieces. Bellerin's a towering lad.

huh?

bellerin's 5'9 and built like a HB pencil
Abit off topic but is there any way to get BT Sport for free if you have BT Broadband at home?
Original post by swirly
huh?

Sorry, I meant Welbeck shouldn't have been taken off for Bellerin. I was typing too fast for my brain.

Welbeck's a towering lad and not bad on the defensive side of the game so introducing Bellerin, who as you say is fairly diminutive, was really questionable.
Original post by swirly
huh?

bellerin is 5'10 same height as gibbs but they both look extremely taller
Original post by Mackay
Sorry, I meant Welbeck shouldn't have been taken off for Bellerin. I was typing too fast for my brain.

Welbeck's a towering lad and not bad on the defensive side of the game so introducing Bellerin, who as you say is fairly diminutive, was really questionable.

but bellerin's a natural defender and welbz's tracking back was rather lazy today, in fact him losing the ball and not tracking back led to the newcastle goal.

Original post by Mackay
Madness that you had to rely on two set-pieces. Very unlike you - especially at St. James' Park.

I had Newcastle down to get steamrollered, especially given the fact that Carver only had thirteen outfield players at his disposal. Giroud back in the scoring business following that disappointing first-leg against Monaco. Fair play to him.

Back to scoring, he's scored in pretty much every game since, the mans on fire
Original post by leinad2012

tbf he was even extremly unlucky to not score at home vs monaco. had atleast a hatrick of clear cut chances.

but thats strikers for ya. some days its just not gunna be their day.
Whilst I'm a supporter of Meet it doesn't matter that you're 6 ft 5 if you duck out of the way of anything that comes your way.

Ramsey getting in Girouds way seems a harsh analysis, as other posters have mentioned Ramsey brings out the best in Giroud. Really starting to see giroud as a pretty complete forward tbh, does all the lovely flicks and is gradually becoming more deadly in front of goal whilst also begin outstanding at holding the ball up. In the 90th minute today controlling ospina goalkick whilst holding off two defenders, perfect guy to have up front in those situations.
Original post by leinad2012

Indeed. Plenty of shagging for him tonight.
Original post by swirly
tbf he was even extremly unlucky to not score at home vs monaco. had atleast a hatrick of clear cut chances.

but thats strikers for ya. some days its just not gunna be their day.

People will say he bottled it but I think that's too simplistic analysis, footballs a game of fine margins and he had an off day/ didn't get the luck needed.

Also, I have no idea how I managed to put that HTML code thing in my psst nor do I know how to get rid of it:biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Mackay
Indeed. Plenty of shagging for him tonight.

I hope not, don't want him getting an std off some Geordie shore sloot.

Having said that his body is so immune from injury it'd probably create a cure for HIV and he'd be back playing in 3 months
Gabriel is a monster. He looks to be a quite erratic player, and mistakes will happen due to that, but like Koscielny, at times he'll win you matches.
Original post by angelfox
but like Koscielny, at times he'll win you matches.

and at times he'll lose you matches.

guy looks like he bleeds penalties like a woman. atleast once a month.
bloody hell......

Missed all the football today, because I was up in the lakes visiting a friend, and I resisted checking my phone all day.. did not log on here, when I got home, as I wanted to watch it properly on MOTD

Glad I missed it! the 2nd half of that game looked like torture!

Anyway.. 3pts again, keep grinding these low games out and we will get top4.

Lets just enjoy tommorow now..
Ffs LP you locked misc again
Original post by Depleted
Ffs LP you locked misc again

i wrote out such a long reply on how homo wrestlers are ffs and it didnt post:frown:
Wilshere linked with City again
Original post by angelfox
Wilshere linked with City again

City will be linked with every half decent English player, need to fill their quota after all.
The main problem with Giroud is just that he's immobile. If he was better at turning when on the ball he'd be such a quality striker.

Latest