The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fran10
It's literally so annoying! I am so determined to get in this year I just hope everything goes better than I expected, is that for sure? Countdown is on now then haha

Yeah think the onformation came from someone at queens plus it says it on the timeline sheet you would of got when you were notified they had received your application!! There has also been people on this forum that have been told they were unsuccessful a few days after the interview!! However if you don't hear don't assume you have got a place as you could be on the reserve list!! Hope this helps :smile: x
Original post by Fran10
It's literally so annoying! I am so determined to get in this year I just hope everything goes better than I expected, is that for sure? Countdown is on now then haha

Hi Fran as nicho said you have probably done better than you think, I to walked away thinking I should have said things, to be honest I think that's everyone after any interview, just fingers crossed eh...

Bernie...
Reply 502
Well done fran, bet you are glad its out of the way! I came out so upset that I hadn't sad lots, but don't let it scare you! All the best!!
Reply 503
Original post by mmq02
Well done fran, bet you are glad its out of the way! I came out so upset that I hadn't sad lots, but don't let it scare you! All the best!!

Hey folks, I was chatting to someone today who told me, that if u don't hear 2 weeks after interview u have passed, but as there still interviewing, other people may score higher, so places aren't given out till late April early May which sounds right to me.
So for all use guys past 2 weeks, nearly there.
I expect a n email from ucas on Monday saying unsuccessful.

Rory.:smile:
Original post by rmc79
Hey folks, I was chatting to someone today who told me, that if u don't hear 2 weeks after interview u have passed, but as there still interviewing, other people may score higher, so places aren't given out till late April early May which sounds right to me.
So for all use guys past 2 weeks, nearly there.
I expect a n email from ucas on Monday saying unsuccessful.

Rory.:smile:

Hi Rory, yeah that's what the interviewer told me at queens, if you havnt heard within 10 days assume you have passed interview and then it will go on scores.

Stay positive eh

Bernie..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 505
Really? oh wow...fingers crossed..

Rory, everyone came out feeling like they could have done better so like Bernie, try stay positive, as you just never know!
Original post by mmq02
Really? oh wow...fingers crossed..

Rory, everyone came out feeling like they could have done better so like Bernie, try stay positive, as you just never know!

Yeah that's what they told me so def fingers crossed, how is everyone's weekends going... Anyone doing anything nice, must say we are having some lovely weather at minute..

Bernie...
guys im sure everyone done well fingers crossed for everyone xxx
Reply 508
So lovely today! Went for a 2 hour dander with friend up the lisburn road and around the park and had mauds icecream, took a day off from being in the library for a change! Was amazing haha x
Awwww that sounds fun, i love mauds, it is always good to take a break, and enjoy the sunshine while we have it lol..

I went shopping, love clothes shopping but twas boring food shopping lol then out for a walk myself.

Bernie..
Reply 510
exactly! It was so so warm I felt like it was summer holidays early! sadly not:P

Awww hahaha I'm the opposite I love going for my weekly food shop :P but yeah shopping a lot more fun when its for yourself haha. Just want april to fly by so i can start making some sort of plans for next year, everyone is asking me what I'm doing its driving me bit mental !
I know what you mean, its driving me mad to lol but hopefully we wil know in 5/6 weeks and it flies in, so we all know what plans we all need to make..

When are interviews over, maybe they wil try to get them finished for easter as thr uni will be closed from the 3rd till the.10th april. I was gonna ring queens next week and ask... What do you think..
Reply 512
Do you guys thinks it's harder for younger ones to get in??
Reply 513
Interviews have been going on for a while now there is bound to be a high amount of people applying this year..
Reply 514
I think if they think your personal experience and interview goes well, it doesn't matter what age you are. Obviously I suppose depending on people's personal experiences, any age could be suitable! But its a very pressurized course so I think thats why sometimes its less likely younger people dont get in...but that's not fair to generalise everyone haha!

I got onto the reserve list when I was straight out of school, but I think everyone has a fair chance regardless of age!!:smile:
Reply 515
hmm bernie, are the interviews not still on tilll end of april? they probably won't tell us anything until then!:frown:
hi fran interviews will go untill end of april i think and i dont think it matters about age as long as you have experience life or voluntary
Original post by Fran10
Do you guys thinks it's harder for younger ones to get in??

i'm a schoolleaver and i think its harder! i know older people (ones more so in their late 30's) who have got in to the degree and they have all said that its harder for young ones as we dont have as much life/work experience which is crucial for a SW career but i think if you put yourself out there and try and get experience along with the personality, itll be easier
Reply 518
I'm 17 turning 18 soon I really want into this course so much, I know a few people who have tried to get in and when they asked for feedback it came down to age and not enough experience so I hope that won't be one of the factors :/
Ive read on previous posts from last year and year before that interviwes normally go on til first second week april then they take few weeks to go thru them an decide as i doubt they would be able to do that in one week and also in previous yeara people have heard around the last week of april, just depends i guess on numbers..

Quick Reply

Latest