The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T-duality
has anyone ever found their wife/husband through this TSR isoc? :curious:

There have been threads on this and yes. Even babies have been born form TSR relationships :laugh:
bro, whats with your account name and pic

what theme are you trying to push :hmmm:

My goodness, I didn't even realise

I paused and thought, "what does he... :curious:"

I'm not any kind of religious extremist if you see my posts. I'm not actually a Muslim, but the Abrahamic Religions fascinate me

The cover is from a book on extremism.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
There have been threads on this and yes. Even babies have been born form TSR relationships :laugh:

like actual muslims who have found their spouses on here or is this non-muslims
Original post by MilitantMindset
My goodness, I didn't even realise

I paused and thought, "what does he... :curious:"

I'm not any kind of religious extremist if you see my posts

i sincerely hope you are no dodgy terrorism guy

you do know that sometimes fbi/mi5 create threads in the religion section to bait possible extremists

if you want to evade capture, then go on the low :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)

i sincerely hope you are no dodgy terrorism guy

you do know that sometimes fbi/mi5 create threads in the religion section to bait possible extremists

I'm not a terrorist, I'm not even Muslim (not Irish either) and I regret posting here given the commotion caused

I'll see you at Guantanamo :wink:

At the same time, you do deserve credit for calling out extremists/potential extremists, not every Muslim is a terrorist after all.
Must watch:

[video="youtube;49SpfNxy4_8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49SpfNxy4_8[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
he also has a thing for this girl who uses tsr called maid marian :dontknow:

them two are arguably tsr's most famous couple

If he is "little Jon" :teehee:

I suppose I have to be Robin Hood, but don't ever think I will wear tights :smug:
ok, i think that's enough of this bro

let's have some respect for the people who use this society thread :yes:

im sure they wouldn't want to see our silly posts
From iman (faith) in Allah is to have iman in those of His Asma ul-Husna (Beautiful Names) and Sifat ul-'Ulya (Lofty Attributes) that occur in His Great Book and that have been affirmed by His trustworthy Messenger sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam - without tahrif (distorting the wording or the meaning), ta'til (divesting or denying the Attributes), takyif (asking how) or tamthil (resembling Allah to any of His creation). Rather, it is obligatory to leave them as they came, without takyif. Along with this, it is also obligatory to have iman in the meaning that Allah - the Mighty and Majestic - has been described with, in a way which befits Him; without resembling Him to His creation in any of His Attributes. Allah - the Most High - says:

"There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing".
Allah - the Mighty and Majestic - also says:

"And do not put forward any similitude for Allah. Indeed, Allah knows and you do not know."

So this is the 'aqidah (belief) of Ahlus-Sunnah wa'l-Jama'ah from the Companions of the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam and those that followed them in goodness. This is what has been recorded also by Imam Abu'l-Hasan al-Ash'ari (d. 324H) - rahimahullah - in his book: Al-Maqalat an Asbab ul-Hadith wa Ahlus-Sunnah. This has also been stated by many others from the people of knowledge and iman.
(edited 9 years ago)
"How many fasting people obtain nothing from their fast except hunger and thirst and how many people stay up at night (praying) obtain nothing from their prayer except sleeplessness and tiredness."
The topic of du'a and its relationship with destiny (qadr) is a very important one, and one around which much confusion exists. Many people ask: "If everything has already been destined to occur, then of what use is du'a, as, if Allah has written what I want, I will get it without making du'a, and if it is not written for me, then I will never get it no matter how much du'a I make?"

The response to this question lies in understanding the outcome of anything is dependant on the performance of the efforts that are necessary to procure it. In other words, it has already been decreed, for example, that a seed will give fruit if planted, but this will not occur unless the farmer takes the appropriate efforts in irrigating the crop, maintaining it, protecting the seedling as it grows, and ensuring as much as he can that the factors are amenable for the plant to give fruit.

So even though a person believes in the Divine Decree, he must at the same time strive all he can to ensure that the desired goal occurs. So du'a is the means that one uses to achieve the desired goal that one has, and this means in no way contradicts the destiny that has been written for that person.

This stance is clarified by the Prophet's hadith reported by Thawban, that he said:
"Nothing increases one's life-span except good deeds, and nothing repels Divine Decree except du'a. And very, a person may be deprived for sustenance due to a sin that he does!"[Narrated by Ibn Majah #90 and confirmed authentic by Shaykh al-Albani in as-Sahihah #154]
In other words, the performance of good deeds is a cause of increasing one's life span, so if a person puts in the necessary effort, the results will be achieved, and this is also destined. So both the means to achieve a goal, and the fulfilment of the goal itself, are already decreed.

If someone were to ask: "How can du'a repel Divine Decree?" we would respond, "The fact that you may be ill has already been decreed by Allah for you, as has the fact that you will ask Allah to cure you of this illness (i.e. both the illness and your asking to cure the illness has been decreed). In a similar manner, a person may be deprived of his sustenance that was decreed for him since Allah's eternal knowledge encompassed the fact that this person would perform a sinful deed that would cause deprivation of his sustenance. All of this, then, is from the decree of Allah, all Glory and Praise be to Him."
[video="youtube;WR8fdkJ9sMo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR8fdkJ9sMo[/video]
Original post by Tawheed
[video="youtube;fYxb_sxDRfA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYxb_sxDRfA[/video]

Holy Quran: "The servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say words of peace"

The FoxNewsTV (USA) asked the Iranian President Ahmedinejad,

'When you look into the mirror in the morning what do you say to yourself'?

He answered: I see the person in the mirror and tell him 'Remember' you are no more than a small servant, ahead of you today is the heavy responsibility, and that is to serve the Iranian nation'.

Ahmedinejad, the Iranian President who astonished many when he first reached to the office of the Presidency by donating all the high valued Iranian carpets to one of the mosques in Tehran by replacing them with the low cost ordinary carpets. He observed that there was a huge extravagant lounge for receiving and welcoming the VIPs and he ordered it to be closed and asked the protocol office to arrange for an ordinary room only with wooden chairs.

On many instances he joins the cleaning staff of the municipality for cleaning the streets in the area where his home and the Presidency are located.

Under his authority whenever he appoints any minister to his post he gets a signed document from him with many points particularly highlighting that he shall remain poor and that his personal and his relatives accounts will be watched and the day he leaves the ministry shall be with dignity, and therefore it is not lawful for him or his relatives to take any advantage of his office. First of all he declared himself for all the 'Big' wealth and the property he owned was a Peugeot 504 car, model 1977, an old small house inherited from his father 40-years ago in one of the poorest zones in Tehran . His accounts with a zero balance and the only money comes in to his a/c was from his salary from the university as a lecturer with an amount of US$ 250 only.

For your information the President still lives in that same house. This is all what he owns; the president of one of the world's important countries; strategically, economically, politically and with regard to its oil and defense. He even doesn't take his personal salary with the argument that all the wealth belongs to the nation and he is the safeguard over it.
One of the things that impressed the staff at the presidency is the bag the President brings with him every day, which contains his breakfast; some sandwiches or bread with olive oil and cheese prepared by his wife and eats and enjoys it with all happiness.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GregorianStudyCircle/conversations/topics/3984

and akh, your point is?

Why did you dodge my question akh? You dodged others asking the same. No offense but a lot of what you post is shia progpaganda.
And inside shi'ism, you have twelver shias - this is what you spread, not even zayyidi shi'ism which is more balanced.
Ya Akh, sorry if I am mistaken but from what I have seen many of your posts is shia propaganda.

Now this doesn't mean I support Musharraf, I disagree with the guy completely but twelver shi'ism, as Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allah have mercy on him, said: ‘The scholars have unanimously agreed that the Raafidhah are the most dishonest and untruthful of all sects. The quality of dishonesty is noted amongst them from their very beginnings, that is why scholars have noted them to be liars.’

Ash’hab b. Abdul-Azeez said: ‘I asked Imaam Maalik, may Allah have mercy on him, about the Raafidhah and he said: “Do not speak to them nor narrate anything from them, for they are dishonest.”’

Imaam Maalik, may Allah have mercy on him, said: ‘The one who curses the Companions of the Messenger of Allah has no share in Islam.’
Imaam Maalik, may Allah have mercy on him, said: The one who curses the Companions of the Messenger of Allah has no share in Islam.
Are you allowed to put petals on graves?
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Yeah lol, just a bit of it. I found it pretty awkward to watch, I don't know why:redface:

Haha so did I kinda.

Original post by Iqbal007
I guess it also highlights the understanding of Islam by Muslims in the west vs the understanding by Muslims back in majority Muslim nations.
It highlights a huge learning gap and lack of access to understanding the different perspective of Islam, but also shows how culture is interfering.

I can certainly say its true when I went to Bangladesh and what Bengali's say, very weird and dodgy stuff.

Mhmm Ive noticed that too having just spent time in Pakistan :/

has anyone ever found their wife/husband through this TSR isoc? :curious:

No...dont think it'll ever happen tbh :lol:

Original post by MilitantMindset
:colondollar:

What?
Original post by Biryani007
Mhmm Ive noticed that too having just spent time in Pakistan :/

Lol, please do share. :tongue:
Original post by Tawheed
[video="youtube;fYxb_sxDRfA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYxb_sxDRfA[/video]

Holy Quran: "The servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say words of peace"

The FoxNewsTV (USA) asked the Iranian President Ahmedinejad,

'When you look into the mirror in the morning what do you say to yourself'?

He answered: I see the person in the mirror and tell him 'Remember' you are no more than a small servant, ahead of you today is the heavy responsibility, and that is to serve the Iranian nation'.

Ahmedinejad, the Iranian President who astonished many when he first reached to the office of the Presidency by donating all the high valued Iranian carpets to one of the mosques in Tehran by replacing them with the low cost ordinary carpets. He observed that there was a huge extravagant lounge for receiving and welcoming the VIPs and he ordered it to be closed and asked the protocol office to arrange for an ordinary room only with wooden chairs.

On many instances he joins the cleaning staff of the municipality for cleaning the streets in the area where his home and the Presidency are located.

Under his authority whenever he appoints any minister to his post he gets a signed document from him with many points particularly highlighting that he shall remain poor and that his personal and his relatives accounts will be watched and the day he leaves the ministry shall be with dignity, and therefore it is not lawful for him or his relatives to take any advantage of his office. First of all he declared himself for all the 'Big' wealth and the property he owned was a Peugeot 504 car, model 1977, an old small house inherited from his father 40-years ago in one of the poorest zones in Tehran . His accounts with a zero balance and the only money comes in to his a/c was from his salary from the university as a lecturer with an amount of US$ 250 only.

For your information the President still lives in that same house. This is all what he owns; the president of one of the world's important countries; strategically, economically, politically and with regard to its oil and defense. He even doesn't take his personal salary with the argument that all the wealth belongs to the nation and he is the safeguard over it.
One of the things that impressed the staff at the presidency is the bag the President brings with him every day, which contains his breakfast; some sandwiches or bread with olive oil and cheese prepared by his wife and eats and enjoys it with all happiness.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GregorianStudyCircle/conversations/topics/3984

There are some awesome people out there:smile:
Original post by Ankabout
Lol, please do share. :tongue:

It's probably only my village tbh but I've told you some of the stuff...don't really want to mention it here :colondollar:
Original post by katbob
Are you allowed to put petals on graves?

Nowhere in the sunnah has this practice been carried out, so I think it's best to avoid it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Biryani007
It's probably only my village tbh but I've told you some of the stuff...don't really want to mention it here :colondollar:

Lolz I know. :biggrin:
Original post by Ankabout
Lolz I know. :biggrin:

Lolz I hate you. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending