The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Speech and Language Therapy at BCU! Any questions?

Im happy to answer any questions about BCU or my specific course!
#BCUstudents
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi I have been offered an interview in two weeks for Speech and Language Therapy; I was wondering if you could give me any tips for the written assessment and if there are any practice test's available? Also is it only written or is there also a one to one interview?

Thank you
Michelle
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Hi Michelle! It has been more than a year since my interview at BCU so I am very sorry but i dont remember much at all!
My biggest tip is just to make sure you know everything you have said in your personal statement and you know as much as possible about the course you are studying!
Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by speechtherapy01
Im happy to answer any questions about BCU or my specific course!
#BCUstudents

Good Morning!
I received my offer for Speech Therapy at BCU last night! It was a big toss up between BCU and Leeds Beckett but I have decided to go with brummy!
Looking back at ucas it says that the Bcu start date is 1st September but my other two offers are late September (28th) - do you find that extra time beneficial or is it for other things? Just seems odd that such a cram packed course would start so late/is it odd that you started so early?
(Excited!) Bethany
Hi Bethany, i remember on ucas it said something similar that i started on that date, but i actually started on the 22nd September. I think that date changes as you get closer to September time!
#bcustudents
[QUOTE="BethanyWhitelam;54246651"]Good Morning!
I received my offer for Speech Therapy at BCU last night! It was a big toss up between BCU and Leeds Beckett but I have decided to go with brummy!
Looking back at ucas it says that the Bcu start date is 1st September but my other two offers are late September (28th) - do you find that extra time beneficial or is it for other things? Just seems odd that such a cram packed course would start so late/is it odd that you started so early?
(Excited!) Bethany[/QUOTE

Well done on your offer!
I'm hoping to start the speech therapy course in September too! They said at the interview that the start date would be late September and end of year would be June, but year 2 and 3 would start on 1st of September. This is to fit all the content in. Most of the other courses are 3.5 or 4 years.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Hello all. I'm applying for SLT at Birmingham for the 2016 entry and I have a question about the interview process. Is the written piece timed and do you receive anything to prepare for it, or is it simply like an interview would be, question-wise? Also, is there a one-to-one interview too, or a group interview, anything like that? Thank you all :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by havocado
Hello all. I'm applying for SLT at Birmingham for the 2016 entry and I have a question about the interview process. Is the written piece timed and do you receive anything to prepare for it, or is it simply like an interview would be, question-wise? Also, is there a one-to-one interview too, or a group interview, anything like that? Thank you all :smile:

Hi
I also am applying for 2016 entry
And I also wish to know about interview process :-)
And the times and days of lectures
Eg latest ones especially due to childcare .

Thank you
Original post by JessSLT
Hi
I also am applying for 2016 entry
And I also wish to know about interview process :-)
And the times and days of lectures
Eg latest ones especially due to childcare .

Thank you

There's only a written interview and it was timed, under an hour, can't remember precisely. It's general questions about SLT and your experiences / insights.

Don't know about the actual timings of lectures as I haven't started yet. However, we were told it is 4 days in college, pretty much 9-5 and a home study day.
Reply 9
Original post by shropshirelass51
There's only a written interview and it was timed, under an hour, can't remember precisely. It's general questions about SLT and your experiences / insights.

Don't know about the actual timings of lectures as I haven't started yet. However, we were told it is 4 days in college, pretty much 9-5 and a home study day.

Oh ok interview sounds great then ..:-)

See I thought 5 latest I would finish and be back for six ? but my mate does nursing says not often but she's had lectures 7pm -9pm and I was like ... Omg childcare for normal hours is hard enough lol with a 2 year old and 11month getting back at ten every night wouldn't be fair :-(
I have messaged the uni on here no reply yet ...

So thank you :-) x
Hi michelle, ive applied for the course for the 2016 entry, Ive got a interview coming up soon and I would like to know the process of what happens, and if you have any tips on the written assessment?
is there anyone who could tell me the process of the interview? im really nervous.
Reply 12
I've got an interview in a couple of weeks, any help or tips for either or both sections? Stressing a bit too much
I'd also be interested in this
Reply 14
Hi I was hoping for some timetable info. I have 3 kids and I'm unsure whether to apply for part time or full time study. I can't seem to find any indication of how many hours are involved in either and what time of day the hours might be. I understand this would change annually but previous year's timetables would help if anyone is able to post? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending