The Student Room Group

Zoella and her posse

Personally I'm not a big fan. Idk what it is about her that rubs me up the wrong it just does. I find her very false and in regards to her makeup skills she's not that great. I basically dislike all the famous British youtubers such as Alfie, Tanya Burr and her bf joe, but people seem to eat their s**t and call it ice cream and I have no idea why. The content is nothing new, its just a bunch of crappy tags and what's in my makeup bag bs. What's so appealing about these videos and zoella in particular?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I checked Zoe's YouTube channel after the book "scandal" thing in the papers. I assumed she'd be very smug and in love with herself but I was very pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't be watching her videos all the time but I found her personality very cute.

But then I saw that she's something like 24/25 and I found it weird. A bit Ariana grande - esque.
Reply 2
Original post by glacier fruit
I checked Zoe's YouTube channel after the book "scandal" thing in the papers. I assumed she'd be very smug and in love with herself but I was very pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't be watching her videos all the time but I found her personality very cute.

But then I saw that she's something like 24/25 and I found it weird. A bit Ariana grande - esque.

Idkkk there's something I find uneasy about the fact that she's marketing to products and being sponsored to sell beauty products to young girls and they'll buy anything that she tells them. I don't see anything wrong with living off youtubers and I support the likes of pewdiepie but idk this new team of British youtubers all seem very fake to me and all about the money. I know there are millions of youtubers but they do nothing new their makeup skills are average I'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em211997
Idkkk there's something I find uneasy about the fact that she's marketing to products and being sponsored to sell beauty products to young girls and they'll buy anything that she tells them. I don't see anything wrong with living off youtubers and I support the likes of pewdiepie but idk this new team of British youtubers all seem very fake to me and all about the money. I know there are millions of youtubers but they do nothing new their makeup skills are average I'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess there is something a bit off in that they all seem to be good friends and giving each other a leg up but then again there's nothing wrong with that. I don't get the impression she's selling stuff to young girls with a fake intention, I genuinely see that she likes the stuff she plugs but perhaps I haven't seen enough videos. And finally yep, her make up skills are average but that's fine imo makes it easier for people to copy, some people like that.
Reply 4
Original post by glacier fruit
I guess there is something a bit off in that they all seem to be good friends and giving each other a leg up but then again there's nothing wrong with that. I don't get the impression she's selling stuff to young girls with a fake intention, I genuinely see that she likes the stuff she plugs but perhaps I haven't seen enough videos. And finally yep, her make up skills are average but that's fine imo makes it easier for people to copy, some people like that.

Ehh fair enough but when your part of the YouTube community its irritating that she pops up so often when Im not subbed to her. And tbh if I was offered the kind of money she was I'd plug anything. I guess I'm just bitter because WOC beauty channels don't get enough support. You'll find me on the comedy section lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's mostly because she's hot
Personally I'm not a big fan. Idk what it is about her that rubs me up the wrong it just does. I find her very false and in regards to her makeup skills she's not that great. I basically dislike all the famous British youtubers such as Alfie, Tanya Burr and her bf joe, but people seem to eat their s**t and call it ice cream and I have no idea why. The content is nothing new, its just a bunch of crappy tags and what's in my makeup bag bs. What's so appealing about these videos and zoella in particular?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just to say, Joe is her brother... not her boyfriend! Alfie is her boyfriend.

Maybe some think she is 'fake', but I think some people act how others want them to... to give others a good impression of themselves. Not everyone acts how they wish to act. She said she gets anxiety - I could imagine her being someone who has always been shy, but now she is trying to act confident, but maybe a little too much.
Reply 7
cos shes fit and has a nice accent
Reply 8
Original post by IspeaksBristol
Just to say, Joe is her brother... not her boyfriend! Alfie is her boyfriend.

Maybe some think she is 'fake', but I think some people act how others want them to... to give others a good impression of themselves. Not everyone acts how they wish to act. She said she gets anxiety - I could imagine her being someone who has always been shy, but now she is trying to act confident, but maybe a little too much.

Don't care who he is but thanks for correcting me. Everyone has social anxiety to an extent and this is my PERSONAL opinion on said condition... Its not as a big deal as people try to make out; people are glamorizing mental illness wayyyy to much and social anxiety is one that pretty much everyone has experienced at some point of there lives. This is coming from someone who has had a history with serious mental illness and it's annoying when people start with that social anxiety bs like hush up, pop some pills or stfu stop trying to be relevant. (Sorry not directed at you it just really irks me)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by binarythoughts
I think it's mostly because she's hot

Ehhh thats debatable. I'd say average.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fat Zoella is way better
[video="youtube;HGoBNJEnUuw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGoBNJEnUuw[/video]:colone:

Quick Reply

Latest