The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smjh10
I've got a place for French and International Relations - but am thinking of swapping to History! ahaha

Sneaky lol:ninja:
As long as you're in I suppose....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
Original post by elhm1800
Sneaky lol:ninja:
As long as you're in I suppose....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know if I will or not! Hahaha was curious about the history modules so looked at it and it just looked so much better! What accommodation are you thinking of going into?
Original post by smjh10
I don't know if I will or not! Hahaha was curious about the history modules so looked at it and it just looked so much better! What accommodation are you thinking of going into?

Holland hall or Pennsylvania Court...pity about the reputation of Holland tho....:sigh:
You?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Holland hall or Pennsylvania Court...pity about the reputation of Holland tho....:sigh:
You?
Posted from TSR Mobile

The reputation of Holland Hall is actually one of the only stereotypes that is even vaguely accurate concerning Exeter University.

It is a hall that attracts the upper classes, and you'll find that there a worryingly high proportion of the posh clubs members reside in there, such as Clay Pigeon Shooting and Polo.
Reply 24
You?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh are those catered halls? I'm thinking about Lafrowda but still trying to sort out the student finance stuff- I'm so confused ahhaha
Original post by smjh10
Ahhh are those catered halls? I'm thinking about Lafrowda but still trying to sort out the student finance stuff- I'm so confused ahhaha

Yeah they're catered...I probs just won't eat if I go self catered:rolleyes:
Lafrowda's meant to be pretty lush after its makeover so good luck!..
I haven't even started thinking about finance yet:sigh:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Yeah they're catered...I probs just won't eat if I go self catered:rolleyes:
Lafrowda's meant to be pretty lush after its makeover so good luck!..
I haven't even started thinking about finance yet:sigh:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd probably eat more than necessary if I was catered hahah :smile:
See I thought so too! But after looking at it I think that only the rooms with ensuite are nice haha the others look a bit grim... but I may just be looking wrong!
Urghh finance is so confusing! We can't choose accommodation until April right?
Original post by smjh10
I'd probably eat more than necessary if I was catered hahah :smile:
See I thought so too! But after looking at it I think that only the rooms with ensuite are nice haha the others look a bit grim... but I may just be looking wrong!
Urghh finance is so confusing! We can't choose accommodation until April right?

Lol well I would get ensuite anyway...sharing a bathroom:hand:
I think it's April....atm I'm trying to apply for a scholarship so that's stopped me looking too deep into the accommodation side:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Is anyone else having a panic attack over the costs of the accommodation? My Maintenance loan barely covers even some of the cheapest accommodation.

I know i'm probably going to have to get a job, but it's still gonna be a struggle.
Reply 29
I visited Exeter today, I am firming for History starting this September :biggrin: due to my maintenance loan only being around £3700 probably Lafrowda standard rooms look the most realistic in price, however I did notice today the obvious difference between the older standard blocks and the nice modern ensuite rooms, it's a shame but really the look of the building won't probably have an impact on my experience, it's the one downside I'm going to have to put up with if I'm going to be able to afford to go here haha :smile: Apart from that everything looks brilliant :smile:
Original post by kimt3
I visited Exeter today, I am firming for History starting this September :biggrin: due to my maintenance loan only being around £3700 probably Lafrowda standard rooms look the most realistic in price, however I did notice today the obvious difference between the older standard blocks and the nice modern ensuite rooms, it's a shame but really the look of the building won't probably have an impact on my experience, it's the one downside I'm going to have to put up with if I'm going to be able to afford to go here haha :smile: Apart from that everything looks brilliant :smile:

Even though old Lafrowda is a bit tatty, and it's very basic, I knew a fair few people who lived there in my first year and they all absolutely loved it.

Yes it may be basic but it always seems like people have a good experience of living there.

*EDIT* Also, how many times did people quote the "Exeter University has the highest tree to student ratio of any University in the UK" fact to you?
Reply 31
Doing Medical Sciences! Looking for en suite and I don't mind about catered or self catered haha, any recommendations?
I'm in the same boat- firming to do medical sciences, and definitely would like an en suite room, though I'm worried that some of the accommodations may be too longer commute as some teaching is based at St Lukes, any ideas?
Can someone list the various accomodations in price order with catered&self c listed? Or post the link for it?
Current yr12 student thinking of Exeter for English Lit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm firming Exeter for International Relations and Spanish!! I've seen Lafrowda at the open day, and it's really excellent. I've also been told by a friend with sources that Pennsylvania Court is an excellent option to choose! :-)
Reply 35
I visited the University on Wednesday for the post applicant open day and I loved the place! So as soon as I got home I firmed Exeter :biggrin:

I think my preference for accommodation is: Lafrowda, Birks Grange Village and Duryard, in that order. Really liked Lafrowda and love that I'd only have to walk 5 mins to the centre of campus :smile:
Does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation for someone who doesn't drink and isn't too keen on lots of late-nights and partys?
Reply 37
Original post by penthearose
Does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation for someone who doesn't drink and isn't too keen on lots of late-nights and partys?

We should be friends :P I am thinking Lafrowda ensuite, it looks really clean, nice and new. I really can't make up my mind about any others.

What are you studying by the way?
Original post by Acciara
We should be friends :P I am thinking Lafrowda ensuite, it looks really clean, nice and new. I really can't make up my mind about any others.

What are you studying by the way?

Yeah I thought Lafrowda looked nice too, I'm studying exercise and sport sciences :smile: what about you?
Any accommodation recommendations for a guy that doesn't really mind going out, and drinking, or just chilling. And loves his sport.

Quick Reply