The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

We won 2-7, this season has been mental! Twice this season we've scored 7 goals, once this season we've conceded 7 goals and both times we conceded more than once winning 7-4 and 2-7 respectively.

Football man :lol:
Original post by Mackay
What a performance from Bournemouth. The penalty, of course, wasn't one. In fact, Howe seemed embarrassed even having to analyse it in his post-match interview. What a second goal, though. Arter's a hell of a player. Great result for them and they keep on romping towards promotion. I'd love to see them in the PL - purely for the intimate surroundings of the Goldsands, among other things. Callum Wilson has been a great player for them all season after his move to Coventry, and he's definitely earning his place in the U21s setup.

Move from Coventry unfortunately. If we swindled him back I would faint.

Posted from TSR Mobile
New potential Leeds kit for next season....not sure if I like

1427028112561.jpg
1427028122600.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TornadoGR4

1427028112561.jpg
1427028122600.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

It reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it.

It doesn't look that bad in comparison to other kits around England, but doesn't look anything amazing.
The new Sheffield United kit looks really nice. I think it's for their 125th anniversary.
Original post by IDukem

It doesn't look that bad in comparison to other kits around England, but doesn't look anything amazing.

It seems too...'blocky'. I don't know, I like the completely plain white like we have this year. Plus I thought we signed an extension with Macron to supply our kits, not heard of any deal with Kappa.
Original post by Mackay
The new Sheffield United kit looks really nice. I think it's for their 125th anniversary.

The predominantly white one with pinstripes? Yeah, looks alright that, reminds me of West Brom a bit
The predominantly white one with pinstripes? Yeah, looks alright that, reminds me of West Brom a bit

Indeed.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/15/16-Kits/sheffield-united-15-16-adidas-125th-anniversary-home-kit.html#

Didn't even realise the Blades played in it yesterday, I like it when teams debut next year's kit a little bit earlier, although with 8 games still to play, maybe it was a little too early
Didn't even realise the Blades played in it yesterday, I like it when teams debut next year's kit a little bit earlier, although with 8 games still to play, maybe it was a little too early

Definitely too early for me.

I always enjoy the new kit releases, though.
Oh stick me down for Brentford, my local team :smile:

1427028112561.jpg
1427028122600.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by IDukem

It seems too...'blocky'. I don't know, I like the completely plain white like we have this year. Plus I thought we signed an extension with Macron to supply our kits, not heard of any deal with Kappa.

Is the blue bit a homage to the past. Didn't they play in blue before Don Revie copied the Real Madrid kit?
Original post by barnetlad
Is the blue bit a homage to the past. Didn't they play in blue before Don Revie copied the Real Madrid kit?

Blue & Yellow, as they're the colours of the city of Leeds, before that it was blue & white stripes as we were modelled on Huddersfield's kit. I don't think it's a tribute to anything, just a bit of a naff design

Bristol City lead Walsall in the JPT final
Original post by MrDystopia

I think this was filmed at your ground
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vShTd-zjS4o
Bristol City win the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, defeating Walsall 2-0
Congrats, Bristol City. Feel for Walsall fans - their first ever trip to Wembley. Still a great achievement.

1427028112561.jpg
1427028122600.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Badge is too high up I think, combined with the sponsor it just looks cramped and too busy

Posted from TSR Mobile

1427028112561.jpg
1427028122600.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite reminiscent of Derby's Kappa one from a couple of seasons ago.

The sponsor is far, far too high.
Original post by MrDystopia

I did not know this! Me too.

Quick Reply

Latest