The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alow
They both sound like reasonable numbers. I probably spend closer to £4000 than £3000 a term but I waste money like nobody's business.

Is this including accommodation?
Original post by bored565
How much are people planning on budgeting for living costs?

I know Trinity suggest somewhere in the region of £7,850 to £9,200 and King's say £8,360, but it would be nice to know how much people anticipate they'll spend over three terms.

Cambridge say £7,200 is enough, but I think that's just an excuse so that college bursaries intended to bring people from all backgrounds up to similar levels don't have to give you as much.
Original post by bored565
How much are people planning on budgeting for living costs?

I know Trinity suggest somewhere in the region of £7,850 to £9,200 and King's say £8,360, but it would be nice to know how much people anticipate they'll spend over three terms.

Ive planned for around £8,000 a year living costs
How is everyone paying for their living costs also how have you worked them out?
Original post by sye96
I know I'm really late posting but I have an offer for PBS at Sidney Sussex. I don't know anyone else with an offer for my course or from my college yet so if you're out there please say hello!

I have an offer for PBS :smile:
Reply 1425
Original post by ILovePancakes
Is this including accommodation?

Yeah, it is.
Original post by alow
Yeah, it is.

Original post by Elcor
Cambridge say £7,200 is enough, but I think that's just an excuse so that college bursaries intended to bring people from all backgrounds up to similar levels don't have to give you as much.

Original post by newblood
Ive planned for around £8,000 a year living costs

Yeah I'm anticipate spending about £8,000 per year, but I'm planning on getting £10,000 so I have a good buffer in case something goes wrong and I'll be able to get another £4,000 on top of that if I need it.

My biggest concern is accommodation though. I really, really don't want to get stuck in a shoebox for a year.
Do you guys think it'll be possible to do alright on £5000-£6000 a year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by umutalberts

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know. Technically you can survive on that, but I think you won't get any luxuries - just the very basic stuff (and fairly low quality accommodation).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on the college (how much accommodation is subsidised) and whether or not you drink.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If money is paid in after 6th October... Am I meant to cover accommodation costs beforehand with personal money or? :s-smilie:

And is it termly or for the whole year in advance?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
If money is paid in after 6th October... Am I meant to cover accommodation costs beforehand with personal money or? :s-smilie:

And is it termly or for the whole year in advance?

you pay at end of term in college bill, termly

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think thats practically impossible unless all you spend money on is accomodation and meals

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way - just think of the cost of all that shoeleather for walking to/from Homerton... :wink:
Original post by jneill
No way - just think of the cost of all that shoeleather for walking to/from Homerton... :wink:

Lol Imagine a Girtoners then 🙊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by newblood
you pay at end of term in college bill, termly

Thanks!
Reply 1437
Original post by arc0205
I have an offer for PBS :smile:

Oh awesome! What college? I'm really excited because the course looks really good, but at the same time we've gotta get through exams first :/
Reply 1438
Original post by jessica_lalala
I'm a bit late posting here but only just found this!

Anyone else for PBS at King's?

So excited but worried for exams! :smile:

I'm PBS but at Sidney Sussex :smile: And yeah I'm worried too but I'm sure everyone is haha. It'll be fine. Probably.
Reply 1439
Any one at christs/ with an offer

how are you interpreting this:

Those whose places are confirmed following the publication of exam results will find a bill for their tuition fees, accommodation etc. waiting for them on arrival. This bill should be settled within 14 days of the start of term

does this mean we have to pay for the term upfront?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending