The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone has been to Warwick Economics open day? Is it worth going to if i'm already planning on firming it?
I'm going on the campus tour to see what the accommodation is like but just wondering what benefit the economics offer holder open day would have in my situation.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Original post by aditkulkarni
Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone has been to Warwick Economics open day? Is it worth going to if i'm already planning on firming it?
I'm going on the campus tour to see what the accommodation is like but just wondering what benefit the economics offer holder open day would have in my situation.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I plan to go to the one on the 22nd April, I'm assuming you are too? I plan on firming it too right now, but I'm going to go to look at accommodation (other than Rootes, which was all I saw in June), and I think going might be the way to know if you won't change your mind about the place, seeing it during term time with students (and possibly worse weather), rather than when the Uni's trying to sell itself like at the general open days.
(edited 9 years ago)
Which should I insure for Economics/Economics and Management: Bristol, Durham, KCL, Exeter? And why?
Original post by EconApplicant2
Which should I insure for Economics/Economics and Management: Bristol, Durham, KCL, Exeter? And why?

where are you firming and what grades are your offers?
UCL
Bristol: 36, Durham: 38, KCL: 35, Exeter: 38.
UCL
Bristol: 36, Durham: 38, KCL: 35, Exeter: 38.
sorry for 20 questions but it's difficult to give advice without all the info :tongue:

whats your ucl offer and what are your predictions?

I'm guessing it's just kcl that's econ&management right?
Predicted 3A. Offers from York, Leeds and Newcastle (3A) and Leicester (ABB) not sure what to do?
Ahah sorry - I should've been more precise.
UCL offer is 39 (766 at HL, 7 in maths), and I'm predicted 41.
KCL and Durham are both Economics and Management, the rest are just Econ.
Ahah sorry - I should've been more precise.
UCL offer is 39 (766 at HL, 7 in maths), and I'm predicted 41.
KCL and Durham are both Economics and Management, the rest are just Econ.

hmm if you're doing higher level maths and need to get a 7 for ucl you must be pretty into maths, so I'd say Bristol is probably the best fit for your skill set and should easily be within your means with that prediction so I'd go for them

Obviously you should look at module choices available and the cities themselves before making any definite decisions :smile:
Thanks for the advice :smile: that's probably what I'll end up doing.
Original post by Flather
Predicted 3A. Offers from York, Leeds and Newcastle (3A) and Leicester (ABB) not sure what to do?

If I was you I'd insure Leicester then think about what sort of modules you'd like to do when deciding between the others

Newcastle you have to take at least one module from the business school which isn't economics related e.g. marketing or accounting
Leeds has more mathematical modules so again that's something to consider

And sorry but I don't know anything about york
Reply 3451
Warwick really are taking their time aren't they
Original post by strawberrysnow
Omg yes! I had work experience at Nomura a few weeks ago and almost all of the interns/people who were on the grad programme were from either Bath or Loughborough which was quite strange xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah at my Morgan Stanley Assessment Centre I was told that 4 would be given offers and I know the 3 candidates from Loughborough (inc me) all got an offer, and other candidates where from top unis; Warwick, Durham, Birmingham, Exeter, Kings (to name a few I remember)
Hey
All of you economic applicants . For those with offers, congratulations. For those who are waiting, good luck!!
im in year 12 and want to apply for economics. Where did all of u guys do work experience in summer of year 12?
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Hey
All of you economic applicants . For those with offers, congratulations. For those who are waiting, good luck!!
im in year 12 and want to apply for economics. Where did all of u guys do work experience in summer of year 12?

I'd never done any before I applied, have applied for something at bank of America this summer though

I wouldn't worry too much if you don't have any before applying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Hey

Heyya I'm in year 12 too :smile:

I've got (some I've already done) work experience at Aberdeen Asset Management, Nomura, PwC, BDO and a few others. Just go onto the website for any banks/accountancy firms that you're interested and most have work experience programmes for year 12.
Original post by fha96
Warwick really are taking their time aren't they

If it helps, when I emailed about two weeks ago, they told me they hoped to get most of the offers given out by the end of the month.
Reply 3457
Original post by H0PEL3SS
If it helps, when I emailed about two weeks ago, they told me they hoped to get most of the offers given out by the end of the month.

That's alright then, I just want them to hurry so I can apply for accommodation at my firm choice uni lol
Original post by fha96
That's alright then, I just want them to hurry so I can apply for accommodation at my firm choice uni lol

LSE, if I remember correctly, right?
Reply 3459
Original post by H0PEL3SS
LSE, if I remember correctly, right?

Nah mate I didn't apply to LSE, I'm firming UCL :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest