The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
I have the urge to write a story for some reason but I haven't written anything longer than a side of A4 for almost 2 years.

Go for it! Let the creative juices flow
Original post by binarythoughts
Go for it! Let the creative juices flow

I'd be too embarrassed to let anyone read it:lol:
Original post by Red Fox
I'd be too embarrassed to let anyone read it:lol:

That's why I don't write :tongue:

Also, because I can't
That's why I don't write :tongue:

Also, because I can't

English was always my worst subject but that was probably because I hated it, plus you had to write to a set title which just restricts you so much.

I had a go at drawing earlier for the first time since my last art lesson in year 9 but I'm still just as ****. I'm having a creative outburst.
Original post by Red Fox
English was always my worst subject but that was probably because I hated it, plus you had to write to a set title which just restricts you so much.

I had a go at drawing earlier for the first time since my last art lesson in year 9 but I'm still just as ****. I'm having a creative outburst.

If doing narrative was compulsory, I'd be screwed.
Argumentative/Persuasive essays were my savior

I'm a ****ty artist too haha
If doing narrative was compulsory, I'd be screwed.
Argumentative/Persuasive essays were my savior

I'm a ****ty artist too haha

I miss art so much! I wanted to do it at a level but I couldn't because it would be impossible to do 5 a levels :frown:

Writing however I am not very good at :lol: I always prayed for the writing exam to be writing a letter because that's the only thing I could do! (thank goodness it was because I'd have done a lot worse in English language GCSE if it wasn't)
Original post by _Caz_
I miss art so much! I wanted to do it at a level but I couldn't because it would be impossible to do 5 a levels :frown:

Writing however I am not very good at :lol: I always prayed for the writing exam to be writing a letter because that's the only thing I could do! (thank goodness it was because I'd have done a lot worse in English language GCSE if it wasn't)

What kind of art are you into?
I'm a fan of art, just not a creator
Anyone watching el clasico?
What kind of art are you into?
I'm a fan of art, just not a creator

I love to sketch people! I don't know there's just something about how no two faces are the same. Even twins will have subtle differences in facial features. You never truly see what someone looks like until you've recreated their face on paper.

Sorry I'll shut up now before it gets too cheesy :colondollar:
Original post by _Caz_
I love to sketch people! I don't know there's just something about how no two faces are the same. Even twins will have subtle differences in facial features. You never truly see what someone looks like until you've recreated their face on paper.

Sorry I'll shut up now before it gets too cheesy :colondollar:

One of my close friends is an amazing artist

When she draws anyone, she goes on about how there are so many details that only someone drawing you would observe and how some features are similar to others and how some are so different.
One of my close friends is an amazing artist

When she draws anyone, she goes on about how there are so many details that only someone drawing you would observe and how some features are similar to others and how some are so different.

I agree with your friend :smile: I hate how at school you're taught that you have to leave the width of one eye between the two eyes you draw and the nose should be one and a half eye widths long etc. because it's just not true most of the time. Every face is different. Does your friend have a deviant art account or anything? I'd like to look at some of their work sometime if that's okay.
Original post by _Caz_
I agree with your friend :smile: I hate how at school you're taught that you have to leave the width of one eye between the two eyes you draw and the nose should be one and a half eye widths long etc. because it's just not true most of the time. Every face is different. Does your friend have a deviant art account or anything? I'd like to look at some of their work sometime if that's okay.

I'll pm it to you!
I'll pm it to you!

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by _Caz_
Oh I've been wondering for ages what the font was when you type equations into word. I once typed some further maths homework in it and I half wanted to print 2 copies out so I could submit one and just look at the other one's beauty. It was a nightmare typing it out though :lol:

Using the equation function on Word makes it really easy to write maths down, like you can type ^ for superscripts and it automatically does it for you. And when you get used to it and learn all the short cuts you feel like a boss :cool:

Part of my maths coursework had things like:

and

etc.
Such a pleasure to look at, and to write. I'll stop being nerdy now, sorry :colondollar:
Original post by Bude8
Using the equation function on Word makes it really easy to write maths down, like you can type ^ for superscripts and it automatically does it for you. And when you get used to it and learn all the short cuts you feel like a boss :cool:

Part of my maths coursework had things like:

and

etc.
Such a pleasure to look at, and to write. I'll stop being nerdy now, sorry :colondollar:

Lol, and I'm just here with my measily AH Physics coursework due tomorrow:

Physics.png
Original post by Princepieman
Lol, and I'm just here with my measily AH Physics coursework due tomorrow:

Physics.png

Oh man that Cambria font :coma:

I use Cambria in every word document now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
11pm on a Sunday... Guess it's time to start my homework :'(
Original post by cerlohee

Hahahah realest **** ever, every single sunday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee

I love having Monday morning frees, I haven't done homework on a weekend once for A-Levels:biggrin:.
So weird to see that Sunday is weekend for you guys..

Latest