The Student Room Group

Indian man burys his daughter alive because he hates women

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheHistoryStudent
It is possible to care about both, and the road to gender equality is at different points in different places (India being considerably further behind than us).

This is coming from someone who's against the banning of page 3 as well.

Indeed, focus on both, but a balance must be struck, with important stories like this receiving more attention than the relatively trivial 'page 3' campaign, whereas in reality it's the opposite, where less important issues are giving priority based on proximity.
Reply 21
Sounds like another Muslim person, always letting down our country...
Original post by Tawheed
Islam prohibits infanticide or killing of female infants. This is considered a serious crime of murder.
Surah Al-Takvir Chapter 81, Verses 8 and 9 (81 : 8-9)
“When the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned, for what crime she was killed.” (17:31), (6:15) HOLY QURAN

i dont know if anyones pointed this out to you yet, but this guy in indias name was Abul Hussein .....
Reply 23
All these Internet experts lol
Reply 24
Original post by saimabegum4
It's quite sad and at times disgusting to be honest to see the amount of disrespect women get. They do not realise that if it wasn't for women (to be more specific your mother) you wouldn't be here today. She carried you in her womb for 9 months with so much pain and discomfort to get someone like that is unfair to the mother. Men and women are equal. Don't forget that it is the fathers sperm which decides whether or not that foetus is going to be a boy or a girl. So don't blame the mother, she had nothing to do with it. It shouldn't be a problem anyway as to whether or not the child is a boy or girl as both are equal. So to see men, brothers, grandfathers, uncles and FATHERS burying the child because she is a girl is disgraceful and those who do it should be ashamed of themselves.

All a woman does to have a child is spread her legs and get pumped, its not very impressive or admirable
Original post by Catholic_
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2931661/Father-arrested-tried-murder-ten-year-old-daughter-burying-alive-India.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

What is with India and hatred of women? Must be the nost dangerous country in the world to be a woman.

India is already the captital for infantcide.

Your logic failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Catholic_
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2931661/Father-arrested-tried-murder-ten-year-old-daughter-burying-alive-India.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

What is with India and hatred of women? Must be the nost dangerous country in the world to be a woman.

India is already the captital for infantcide.

Sick, sick, sick!

So wrong, on so many levels.
Reply 27
Original post by Reformed
i dont know if anyones pointed this out to you yet, but this guy in indias name was Abul Hussein .....

And so he was going against his religion. as some people do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Zargabaath
This man was also Muslim and unfortunately the Abrahamic religions are also very prejudiced against women, to the point of seeing them as sub-human at times.
Sub-humans eh? Not so with Christianity and the Jewish women I have met have been highly intelligent and engaging individuals. In Islam certainly women are treated as vastly inferior to men. They are condemned from the very start to a life of subjugation, psychological conditioning, abuse and suffering. It's very sad indeed.
Original post by Marco1
Sub-humans eh? Not so with Christianity and the Jewish women I have met have been highly intelligent and engaging individuals. In Islam certainly women are treated as vastly inferior to men. They are condemned from the very start to a life of subjugation, psychological conditioning, abuse and suffering. It's very sad indeed.

The ideology treats them as sub-human, how closely the people follow it is another thing. Unfortunately Muslims seem to follow their religion much more literally then the other two, but with quotes like

"Now I want you to realise that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonours his head. And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonours her head - it is just as though her head were shaved. If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man." - 1 Corinthians 11:3-7 (New testament)

and

"You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor." - Exodus 20:17 (Old testament)

it's clear that women are seen as inferior to men. Obviously there are women belonging to these faiths who are brilliant individuals, but that's because they aren't following their religion properly.
Reply 30
The ideology treats them as sub-human, how closely the people follow it is another thing. Unfortunately Muslims seem to follow their religion much more literally then the other two
Not as simple as that. Christ treated women as equals, contrary to the patriarchal culture of the day. Have you not read the Gospels to find that out? If you don't, you are wasting time. You can always find other Bible quotes outside of the Gospels, that seem contradictory and culturally bound, worldly if you like. The Bible is a number of books which have to be read with an awareness of who wrote it, when it was written, why it was written, the role of cultural influence of the day etc. You quoted Paul and Exodus.
The epistles of St Paul are interesting but not to venerated as some perfect, infallible revelationary writing. Exodus is Old Testament and Jewish. The Bible should only be read as a spiritual journey towards wholeness and truth in Christ.

"Now I want you to realise that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
What does that mean to you? I can't make head nor tail of it really. Semantics. Christ's teaching and the way he lived is the heart of Christianity. We keep all the books of the present Bible as they enrich understanding of the world of Christ the messiah and why he came.
Original post by Arkasia
Yet western feminists and the media focus on the 'ban page 3' campaign instead of this.

Why can't both issues be tackled?

I think western feminists probably have more control over smaller issues such as banning page 3 anyway.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Why can't both issues be tackled? I think western feminists probably have more control over smaller issues such as banning page 3 anyway.

As I already mentioned, the issue is the imbalance in focus and attention each issue is receiving. We should tackle both issues (depending on whether you see Page 3 as an issue, many don't), but we should remember that there are issues on foreign soil which require far more media coverage and human resources to deal with.
Original post by Marco1
What does that mean to you? I can't make head nor tail of it really. Semantics. Christ's teaching and the way he lived is the heart of Christianity. We keep all the books of the present Bible as they enrich understanding of the world of Christ the messiah and why he came.

I see it as it saying the master of man, is Christ. Men should do what Christ says. The master of women is men. Women should do what their husbands/fathers say (and by extension Christ and God)
Reply 34
I see it as it saying the master of man, is Christ. Men should do what Christ says. The master of women is men. Women should do what their husbands/fathers say (and by extension Christ and God)

Well then your view is an ignorant one and very far indeed from the truth.
Original post by Marco1
Well then your view is an ignorant one and very far indeed from the truth.

Feel free to try and explain it then m8, you would've thought a god willing to punish people for not following him would have made this stuff clearer.
Reply 36
Feel free to try and explain it then m8, you would've thought a god willing to punish people for not following him would have made this stuff clearer.

The mystery of God runs much deeper than a simplistic notion of a punisher of evil. That's primitive religious bunk like that of the ancient beliefs of the Hebrews and today's Muslims. Dig deeper and you might find core links in some religions. I'm a Christian but believe for sure that there are many paths towards the divine love of the Godhead, some religious and some not necessarily religious at all. The heart of Christianity is to ultimately to effect an awakening and willing turning toward the living water of the teaching of Jesus, away from the darkness of following the egos craving for constant satisfaction and distraction. It's surrendering oneself to gain a purer inner joy that surpasses all. Easier said than done and it is no quick fix. It's a willingness to learn from life and bite the bullet everyday to sacrifice one's own desires. It's the way of the Cross but full of love. To love is to give. True happiness is in giving. That's my honest answer. You can reduce it to basic dry hackneyed clichés if you like though but it's not even scratching the surface.
Original post by Dracul
All a woman does to have a child is spread her legs and get pumped, its not very impressive or admirable

What do you mean?? The amount of pain mothers go through is so much that its said it is the second most painful thing in the world. So you cannot say that's "all a woman does". Men do not have to do much to get a child, its women who actually go through the stress and the pain, and then to see a man blame a woman for giving birth to a girl is absurd. Not many people know that its actually the man's chromosomes which decides whether or not the child is going to be a boy or a girl as women only give their X chromosome whereas men give the X or the Y chromosome and so women should not be blamed if they give birth to a girl or even be blamed at all as a child is blessing that not everyone in this world gets so they should be happy about the fact that they even have a child.
Original post by Dracul

Sounds exactly like an opinion of the average Indian rapist.
Reply 39
Indians seems to be pushing the blame on this issue as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending