The Student Room Group

What degree is best for me? Urgent help needed please

I study biology, chemistry and music at a levels. I dont care about the music a level, but i do about chemistry and biology. I wanna go into a career through this path. What are some possible degree choices and their advantages and disadvantages? you can rule out medicine and dentistry as i dont think im good enough. I prefer the healthcare career due to my whole family being involved in the health care system.

Help appreciated..thanks in advance
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jeff333jeff
I study biology, chemistry and music at a levels. I dont care about the music a level, but i do about chemistry and biology. I wanna go into a career through this path. What are some possible degree choices and their advantages and disadvantages? you can rule out medicine and dentistry as i dont think im good enough. I prefer the healthcare career due to my whole family being involved in the health care system.

Help appreciated..thanks in advance

These are good options;
Biomedical Science
Biochemistry
Biotechnology
Neuroscience
Immunology
Pathology
Genetics
Pharmacy
Pharmacology
Nursing
Midwifery
Radiography
Optometry
Ophthalmology
Occupational Therapy
Nutrition
Dietetics
Physiotherapy
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Raymat
These are good options;
Biomedical Science
Biochemistry
Biotechnology
Neuroscience
Immunology
Pathology
Genetics
Pharmacy
Pharmacology
Nursing
Midwifery
Radiography
Optometry
Ophthalmology
Occupational Therapy
Nutrition
Dietetics
Physiotherapy

I'm in the same boat as that person.. I am considering some of the careers above.. I like giving advice helping people doing practical work. . I like knowing cures for diseases

Some of the above can be the basis of a research career as well
Reply 4
I think a music degree is probably best for you...
Biomed , genetics and pathology is prob the best for you out of the list above. If u like "knowing cures of disease ".
Original post by Yhussein01
Biomed , genetics and pathology is prob the best for you out of the list above. If u like "knowing cures of disease ".

I'd love to know cures for diseases and find cures for diseases which arnt found out yet. . However I wanna do lab work but also meet people.. I don't wanna do lab work for five hours continously
Original post by Uz25
I'd love to know cures for diseases and find cures for diseases which arnt found out yet. . However I wanna do lab work but also meet people.. I don't wanna do lab work for five hours continously

Pharmacy/pharamacology? Im in exactly the same boat as you btw
Original post by cardboardoranges
Pharmacy/pharamacology? Im in exactly the same boat as you btw

Hmmm what does a pharmacologist do? Swear down all they do is lab work .. aww u doing alevel. ?
:eek:
Original post by Uz25
Hmmm what does a pharmacologist do? Swear down all they do is lab work .. aww u doing alevel. ?

yeh im doing a level, i think that's pharacologists study how to make drugs while pharmacy is how it affects the body. if u get a career i think its not all in labs but idk..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending