The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loladam
My block has green flats in them and to be honest with you the only difference is the green flats got a hamper when they arrived with Eco friendly washing up liquid.

Are they any nicer then the normal flats?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
Are they any nicer then the normal flats?

No they are literally exactly the same. The only difference being a hamper given to the green flats in September. Now those hampers have been used, today the flats are exactly the same to normal flats. 100% identical.
Original post by loladam
No they are literally exactly the same. The only difference being a hamper given to the green flats in September. Now those hampers have been used, today the flats are exactly the same to normal flats. 100% identical.

Well that's disappointing :/
Can I ask, what is the best accommodation? Which looks the most modern and maintained?
Can I ask, what is the best accommodation? Which looks the most modern and maintained?

Definitely the en suite ones, apparently the village ones have been recently refurbished but the on campus one is quite modern and nice too

campus ensuite easily look the most modern

I would argue that the village accom is currently best maintained. There are new kitchens in many blocks and I believe the majority of the other village blocks are meant to have new kitchens in the summer too. I haven't seen many en suite campus rooms but from what I have they don't seem any better than the village rooms, apart from being bigger. Oh and obviously on campus might be more beneficial for you, but depends on your own requirements really. Like for me I was used to walk to school 40 minutes each way so the 10-15 minute walk from the village to campus is nothing for me really!
Original post by JMJ_1996
Definitely the en suite ones, apparently the village ones have been recently refurbished but the on campus one is quite modern and nice too

Original post by jelly1000
campus ensuite easily look the most modern

Original post by loladam
I would argue that the village accom is currently best maintained. There are new kitchens in many blocks and I believe the majority of the other village blocks are meant to have new kitchens in the summer too. I haven't seen many en suite campus rooms but from what I have they don't seem any better than the village rooms, apart from being bigger. Oh and obviously on campus might be more beneficial for you, but depends on your own requirements really. Like for me I was used to walk to school 40 minutes each way so the 10-15 minute walk from the village to campus is nothing for me really!

Thanks guys. I'm definitely going to apply for the ensuite campus and maybe village. Do you get to select certain buildings? I would like to make Colman my first choice.
Reply 4707
Hey guys! Does anyone have any experinve with the Standard Twin Ziggurat Rooms? I am considering this as an option due to financial problems, and i was wondering if anyone know how I find out the person with whom I will share a room with? And as a whole what do you think of Norfolk Terrace? Is it a nice place to live at?
Thanks guys. I'm definitely going to apply for the ensuite campus and maybe village. Do you get to select certain buildings? I would like to make Colman my first choice.

No you aren't able to select certain rooms. I swear I remember you being on the medicine thread tho and if you're a medic then you will definitely be assigned to Colman house if you choose en suite campus.

No you can't choose certain buildings, most of the campus ensuite (except Nelson Court & Constable) are identical anyway
Original post by kiksan
Hey guys! Does anyone have any experinve with the Standard Twin Ziggurat Rooms? I am considering this as an option due to financial problems, and i was wondering if anyone know how I find out the person with whom I will share a room with? And as a whole what do you think of Norfolk Terrace? Is it a nice place to live at?

I'm an applicant and visited UEA yesterday and absolutely loved Norfolk terrace. Everyone likes different things tho
Reply 4711
I'm an applicant and visited UEA yesterday and absolutely loved Norfolk terrace. Everyone likes different things tho

Lovely! and are you planning to stay at there?
Original post by kiksan
Lovely! and are you planning to stay at there?

Yep I am
Original post by kiksan

This year the accomodation office sent you an email to join a facebook group for the block, eg Paston house/ Norfolk terrace/ university village etc. to find housemates. It worked well really, I "knew" about 80% of the people in my block (of 42 people) before I had moved in!
Reply 4714
Original post by loladam
This year the accomodation office sent you an email to join a facebook group for the block, eg Paston house/ Norfolk terrace/ university village etc. to find housemates. It worked well really, I "knew" about 80% of the people in my block (of 42 people) before I had moved in!

Really? I did not get that mail tho...would you mind sending me the link please? I am still wondering how they assign who shares a room with who?
No you aren't able to select certain rooms. I swear I remember you being on the medicine thread tho and if you're a medic then you will definitely be assigned to Colman house if you choose en suite campus.

Oh, that's a shame. Yeah I used to want to do medicine but I withdrew my applications and applied for pharmacy instead.
Original post by kiksan
Really? I did not get that mail tho...would you mind sending me the link please? I am still wondering how they assign who shares a room with who?

No point giving a link out now, the emails were sent back in August just after the accomodation offers. I think they assign room/flatmates randomly unless you request to live with someone you already know. If you apply for UEA accomodation and accept a room offer you'll be invited to join a facebook group in the summer :smile:
Original post by loladam
No point giving a link out now, the emails were sent back in August just after the accomodation offers. I think they assign room/flatmates randomly unless you request to live with someone you already know. If you apply for UEA accomodation and accept a room offer you'll be invited to join a facebook group in the summer :smile:

Do you know if you're able to request someone you know to be in your flat?
Do you know if you're able to request someone you know to be in your flat?

I think that is only if you are applying to share a room with them.
Does anyone have any information about Mary Chapman court's facilities? How are the rooms? Do they have internet connection and laundry service? I'm considering applying for a place there but there's not much info available on the website.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending