notyous
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I do AS Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History. Aiming for A*s next year, so was just wondering if anyone had any revision tips - e.g. best way to revise, how much to revise etc...

Thanks
KhamZ_98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've attached a copy of the revision structure which I used last year for my GCSEs. I plan on using a similar structure this year for AS-Levels.

This is only a suggestion and you should adjust the timings to suit you best.

The reason I liked this timetable is because it allowed me to finish relatively early so I still had the evening to myself. It also allows for quite a long lunch break but it still gives a solid 6h30min revision a day, which is quite a lot.
Attached files
notyous
Rep:
?
This is great thank you! Did you use this for in the holidays?

What subjects are you doing?
KhamZ_98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This was my structure for the Easter holidays and when my study leave started.

I'm studying Maths, Physics, Economics and Computing this year.
notyous
Rep:
?
How are you revising for maths? If I come across a question I can't do I just give up and can't work through it, its so bad :mad:

sunnydespair
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not sure about structure. I work best in libraries or anywhere that is not home
KhamZ_98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by notyous)
How are you revising for maths? If I come across a question I can't do I just give up and can't work through it, its so bad :mad:
Well before i even start doing questions I look over the theory from my notes to make sure I actually understand the topics.

Once I am comfortable with the topic, I do a paper with my notes, so like an open-book test. I then build up and eventually only use the formula sheet (make sure you familiarise yourself with this, its actually very helpful!) I have 16 papers for each of my 3 maths modules (C1, C2 and S1) and I've left the last 2 or 3 to be done closer to the exam time. This leaves me with plenty of papers to work through over the Easter holidays. As they say, the best way to revise maths is just to keep doing questions.
If i find some questions hard, I just push through them. Remember that you get marks for your working as well as the answer, and so if you show that you know what you're doing, you will still get marks even if you get the final answer wrong. After doing the paper, I take a short break to get a drink and a snack and to clear my mind.
After this break, I go through with the mark scheme, going over in a different colour. Any questions that I got completely wrong, I re-do, rather than just writing in the answer. Its the process of actually writing out the correct working that helps me learn.

I hope this helps. This technique works for me, especially with maths. What maths board are you doing? And which modules are you sitting?
notyous
Rep:
?
(Original post by KhamZ_98)
I hope this helps. This technique works for me, especially with maths. What maths board are you doing? And which modules are you sitting?
This is so helpful, will definitely be doing this!!

I'm doing edexcel C1, C2 and S1 - how about you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads