The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vethopeful2015
Hope they aren't giving them out in date order because I've heard someone from my interview date has an offer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too....
Original post by Charlie Roper
Thank you :biggrin: My interview was on the 4th of Feb, from what i can tell i think they are handing them out in time order. I still have another interview next friday at surrey, although liverpool are my first choice :biggrin:

Ah right! Good choice :wink:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Posted from TSR Mobile

:ahee: Congrats on getting two offers! Awesome stuff :biggrin: I haven't plucked up the courage to confirm anything yet, still hasn't sunk in to be honest. We're gonna be vets!

I do have an RVC offer yeah. I'm not sure if I'll firm it (I never expected to have a choice :tongue: ) so hopefully the offer holder day will help to shed some light :h:

Thank you :colondollar: :smile: I also feel the same.. hasn't actually sunk in yet! Though my offers are conditional on me getting the grades in August. So it still feels like it could be snatched away :s-smilie: head down though and hopefully it should all turn out well.

Are your offers unconditional? (if you don't mind me asking)

I booked my place on the offer day there yesterday when the email came through. Thursday 16th come at me!!! :biggrin:
Original post by craicfox
Thank you :colondollar: :smile: I also feel the same.. hasn't actually sunk in yet! Though my offers are conditional on me getting the grades in August. So it still feels like it could be snatched away :s-smilie: head down though and hopefully it should all turn out well.

Are your offers unconditional? (if you don't mind me asking)

I booked my place on the offer day there yesterday when the email came through. Thursday 16th come at me!!! :biggrin:

To me it just feels so... peaceful, I guess? Been building up to this moment for ages and now it's finally happened :biggrin: Don't need to constantly refresh my email any more :redface:

My offers are conditional too, so yeah, gonna revise my arse off. We've come too far to let this slip through our fingers now! Past papers galore :work: :work: I realised Bristol offered me AAB which is actually sorely temping for my back up :s-smilie: . Maybe I'll wait until after mocks to make decisions so that I have a better idea of what grades I'm actually likely to get :redface: Still gonna go to the RVC offer holder day though :biggrin:

Still can't believe this is real :biggrin:
Original post by vethopeful2015
Hope they aren't giving them out in date order because I've heard someone from my interview date has an offer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh well lets hope i'm wrong then haha. Good luck, hopefully an offer will come through soon :smile:
Just firmed offer on ucas feels so real now !
Does anyone know when Nottingham will make the rest of their decisions?...getting verrrrry stressed now:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any one with offers from Glasgow and Edinburgh decided out of the two? I'm stuck and I have no idea where I want to go now next year
Reply 6588
Original post by EmaWema
Any one with offers from Glasgow and Edinburgh decided out of the two? I'm stuck and I have no idea where I want to go now next year

I have offers for both and I'm firming Glasgow. Only because I'm from the city and it means I can save a lot of money at the same time. Edinburgh's facilities are unbelievable though so I would have loved to have gone there if I didn't have the option to stay at home. I know a few people that go to both and they both say that their repsective Uni's are incredible so I think anyone would enjoy either !
Original post by D of T
I dont totally agree
Not all that many people have 3 vet offers and few have an alternative offer with lower grades. (however, if you have say offers at rvc at aaa and notts as aab sure put notts as insurance but not many are in that position)
So if you have 'only' 2 offers and they are both AAA put the second choice as your insurance. The alternative is declining it which makes no sense
Some people get in who dont achieve the offer grades. You cant bet on it, but it does happen to a minority

Oh sorry if I didn't make it clear, I meant putting down your 5th option as your insurance, assuming that you have a 5th offer that is not a vet med course and lower grades. BioVet Sci is a common insurance I've seen. So for example if you have a RVC offer and and Nott offer both which are AAA and you have a BioVet Sci offer that is AAB or ABB you put the BioVet Sci as your insurance. Although you do have to choose only one vet med offer, its better than not getting anyway!
Original post by chololatee
So for example if you have a RVC offer and and Nott offer both which are AAA and you have a BioVet Sci offer that is AAB or ABB you put the BioVet Sci as your insurance.

I think you have to decide something fundamental here ....

* Do you want to be a Vet? (yes, put down both Vet offers in order of preference).
* Do you just want to 'go to Uni', actual course/career irrelevant? (yes, put down Biovet Sci, and forget the other 2 offers).
Original post by returnmigrant

* Do you want to be a Vet? (yes, put down both Vet offers in order of preference).
* Do you just want to 'go to Uni', actual course/career irrelevant? (yes, put down Biovet Sci, and forget the other 2 offers).

The thing is even if you put down two vet med offers, if they are the same offer (e.g. both are AAA) then its not going to increase your chance getting in at all. Even if there is a slight chance that they might accept you when you miss your offer, it really isn't a very common thing to happen, especially in competitive courses like vet med. If you have two ved med offers that are different (e.g. A*AA and AAA) then by all means put both down but if they are the same, putting both down normally means get into both or rejected by both.
Original post by returnmigrant

A Bioveterinary science degree isn't irrelevant and it's not just to 'go to uni'. You can still put it down as a choice if you want to be a vet, it's just another way of doing it. I did a Biovet degree and have just received 3 offers for vet school so definitely don't agree that it is irrelevant!
Original post by little tail chaser
livvy offer yeaahh :d

congrats to everyone else! Good work guys! :d

congratulations xxx
Original post by DKR4810
A Bioveterinary science degree isn't irrelevant and it's not just to 'go to uni'. You can still put it down as a choice if you want to be a vet, it's just another way of doing it. I did a Biovet degree and have just received 3 offers for vet school so definitely don't agree that it is irrelevant!

I can see why your hurt by the suggestion that bio vet is not rel' to being a vet, but I am sure that the original post didn't mean to downgrade an excellent degree, rather, I read it as their reaffirmation of the need to be focused on a vet course and career. Gongrats on your excellent performance in this admissions cycle.. It's reallty impressive.
Original post by wanttobevet
I can see why your hurt by the suggestion that bio vet is not rel' to being a vet, but I am sure that the original post didn't mean to downgrade an excellent degree, rather, I read it as their reaffirmation of the need to be focused on a vet course and career. Gongrats on your excellent performance in this admissions cycle.. It's reallty impressive.

Thank you :smile: it's just annoying seeing people describe a degree that you have done as irrelevant! I think it's important to just understand that not everyone gets into vet school the traditional way :smile:
Has anyone had offers from Liverpool for interviews after 18th Feb? Xxx mine was the 18th and I don't know if they are going in dated order or best down? Thanks guys I'm going insane with the wait !!! Xxx
Original post by lana241189
Has anyone had offers from Liverpool for interviews after 18th Feb? Xxx mine was the 18th and I don't know if they are going in dated order or best down? Thanks guys I'm going insane with the wait !!! Xxx

I had mine then and haven't heard anything, but I have now withdrawn. I'm sure I saw someone the other day with a Liverpool offer from 4th Feb. it's so hard but you just have to keep waiting and hope for the best- good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you. Yes I have seen a few from Jan and a couple from early Feb xxx just hoping it's going in date order xxx :-) xxx I'm terrified either way. Xxx if I get in it will be conditional so I still might not get the grades but If I don't I will be gutted too :-( Xxx where have you been accepted? Xxx
I don't think they're in date order because my interview was 11th feb and I got my offer on the first day of offers. Don't panic!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending