The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lewierhodes
Did you see that ludicrous display last night...?

What was Walcott thinking?

The problem with Arsenal is they always try and walk it in

Original post by shawn_o1
I bet everyone is waiting for the day Roman decides to leave

Chelsea are too established now. They'd survive without him

City on the other hand...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know what the worst thing is. The team that finishes higher out of us and Man UTD could be decided by the game at Old toilet. UTD have some big points now even though we've predicted them to drop so they could easily get 3rd over us, especially if they win that game at the end of the season. Not worried about Liverpool so we really need to give them a good thrashing at the Emirates, and it'll lead us 9 points over them.

Also it's a shame Alan Pardrew came so late for Palace, otherwise I think they'd probably of reached top 10. Let's just hope he doesn't vanish after a half season like Pulis
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
You know what the worst thing is. The team that finishes higher out of us and Man UTD could be decided by the game at Old toilet. UTD have some big points now even though we've predicted them to drop so they could easily get 3rd over us, especially if they win that game at the end of the season. Not worried about Liverpool so we really need to give them a good thrashing at the Emirates, and it'll lead us 9 points over them.

Also it's a shame Alan Pardrew came so late for Palace, otherwise I think they'd probably of reached top 10. Let's just hope he doesn't vanish after a half season like Pulis

We banged them in the cup, let's just bang them again lol
Original post by Magnus Taylor
We banged them in the cup, let's just bang them again lol

Yeah the cup victory gives me much more confidence going into this game but UTD look a bit more effective recently especially after their last two games. I just hope we turn up tbh but chances are squad will be riddled with injuries by then.
Original post by sr90
x

What was Wenger thinking! Sending Walcott on that early*
Liverpool game is very important now. There will obviously be a strong reaction from them because their backs are against the wall now. They'll try and blitz us in the first 20, we just have to defend well and take our chances. Thier desperation for a win is what will cause them to open us space.

Don't like this talk about Theo leaving tbh he's a very important player. We need to do as much as we can to keep him really
Original post by sevchenko
Liverpool game is very important now. There will obviously be a strong reaction from them because their backs are against the wall now. They'll try and blitz us in the first 20, we just have to defend well and take our chances. Thier desperation for a win is what will cause them to open us space.

Don't like this talk about Theo leaving tbh he's a very important player. We need to do as much as we can to keep him really

walcott's lazy. he would never do something like this these days:

his work rate is abysmal. he just wants to stand next to a LB and hold his hand.

It's like when Lloyd Banks released HFM2. He just didn't want to put in the work after to follow it up, and just wanted to live off past hype. There was no follow up, and he had to be dragged to record the videos to Beamer, Benz and Bentley.
(edited 9 years ago)
The issue you've got is your current run has only been against lower-league opposition. It all goes back into the argument that Giroud's a 'flat track bully'. Your games will get infinitely harder in April and May, all the while alongside the bid to retain the FA Cup.
Original post by Mackay
The issue you've got is your current run has only been against lower-league opposition. It all goes back into the argument that Giroud's a 'flat track bully'. Your games will get infinitely harder in April and May, all the while alongside the bid to retain the FA Cup.

Seems like you just have it in for Giroud :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
really like that cazorla has taken a lot of responsibility on the pitch this season

its like he sees it as his club, not just a club he plays for
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Seems like you just have it in for Giroud :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I genuinely don't. I just want him to prove his worth against the top sides, which can't be done at Newcastle away, or West Ham at home.
Original post by Mackay
I genuinely don't. I just want him to prove his worth against the top sides, which can't be done at Newcastle away, or West Ham at home.

you're putting him in a lose lose situation.

if he scores against those teams, you'll just say he flat track bully.

if he doesnt, you'll say he's even worse.

its like mayweather vs pacquioa.

its a lose lose situation.

if he beats him, they'll say oh but pac's a has been.

if he doesnt beat him, he takes the L anyway.
Original post by Mackay

He's scored against Liverpool (wasn't hard to score against that defence at the time though :P), City and Monaco.
Original post by samir12
He's scored against Liverpool (wasn't hard to score against that defence at the time though :P), City and Monaco.

Monaco when the tie was already lost. Think of the sitters he missed first leg.

I'm a huge fan of Giroud - but, like I said, the questions will be asked until he turns up in the FA Cup semi-final and wins the game for you, or scores a winner at Wembley, or manages to score the winner against Chelsea.

All I'm saying is the average position of your recent opponents is 14th. Yes, Giroud and Arsenal are on a remarkable run, but things get tougher and THEN we will see how strong this side can be.
Original post by Mackay
Monaco when the tie was already lost. Think of the sitters he missed first leg.

I'm a huge fan of Giroud - but, like I said, the questions will be asked until he turns up in the FA Cup semi-final and wins the game for you, or scores a winner at Wembley, or manages to score the winner against Chelsea.

All I'm saying is the average position of your recent opponents is 14th. Yes, Giroud and Arsenal are on a remarkable run, but things get tougher and THEN we will see how strong this side can be.

He assisted the Ramsey winner in the fa cup final too don't forget. This season he has delivered in the big games mostly apart from that first leg vs Monaco so I don't know why you beat him with that stick. More calendar year goals than Ronaldo :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal Premier League Champions 2014-2015. Congrats guys!
Original post by Mackay

Don't be afraid Mackey, stampy Stevie and Skrtel will make it all better for you :wink:

This year we've won our 2 games against other top 4 opposition in all comps, don't see how the team can do much more.

Giroud has hit form when it matters, can't wait to see him rip Sakho a new one in two weeks. Only thing more entertaining will be watching Monreal bombing past rwb Sterling on the left wing putting in some filthy crosses to Giroud whilst also having Sterling in his back pocket for 90 minuntes defensively :wink:
Original post by Mackay
x

So the goals he's scored and his huge impact on the team he's had this season means nothing unless he:

"turns up in the FA Cup semi-final and wins the game for you, or scores a winner at Wembley, or manages to score the winner against Chelsea"

It's this kind of stupid unfounded view that makes me think you just trying to subtly WUM here. Giroud has been amazing this season he's scored against Liverpool, Utd, Monaco and City plus he's been important in the FA Cup plus his other contributions as target man is equally important for the team as he's goals. It often goes unnoticed unless you watch the match. Since 12/13 Giroud has scored the most headed goals in the league

This flat track argument is kinda stupid really and whenever it's used against a player it always a poor argument . A goal is a goal Giroud is our striker whenever he scores, whoever against it's a good thing. You can only cite the Monco game as a poor performance really the fact that you're still using it as a stick to beat him with is stupid. Giroud has turned up in the big matches during his time at Arsenal. I'm not sure what kind of "moments of magic" crap stuff you're expecting from him tbh.

When all things are said and done he'll undoubtedly go down as one of Wenger's best signings ever
Original post by samir12

And a worldy against United first game back after being out for 2 months with a broken leg (although the game had already been won by United tbh)
I actually think Giroud would fit in nice at Barcelona.

as an option to come off the bench and provide something different

Latest