The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Nursing 2015 Offers!

Scroll to see replies

I've just firmed my offer for Children's Nursing at UWE! :smile: So excited!! Is anyone else looking to live at Glenside in the halls?

Amy x
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Hi Everyone!!
I have just firmed my offer for adult nursing at UWE for September, i'm so excited!
I will be in Glenside, i'll be 23 when i start, are there any oldies starting with me? haha
Original post by Chrissiep
Hi Everyone!!
I have just firmed my offer for adult nursing at UWE for September, i'm so excited!
I will be in Glenside, i'll be 23 when i start, are there any oldies starting with me? haha

Who are you calling old?! Lol. I will be 25 when I start mental health nursing there in September! We can reminisce about the nineties together :-)
Original post by EbonyStennett

Currently coming towards the end of a degree in Health, Community and social Care at University of Gloucestershire. I finish this is May and wanted to go straight onto do Adult Nursing! Ive always wanted to do nursing but I was never 100% sure on what population to focus on. I have gained a heap of paid and voluntary experience in the care industry over the past through years!

I am so nervous as to why they haven't responded to my application yet- obviously thinking the worst :frown:

Does anyone know when the next interview dates are at all? I am so hoping they will accept me!

Thanks, Ebony x

Sorry to double post BUT have you heard anything back yet? I did my first degree at UoG (music management) and am starting mental health at glenside in Sept :-) Hope you have have!
Original post by JennieS90
Who are you calling old?! Lol. I will be 25 when I start mental health nursing there in September! We can reminisce about the nineties together :-)

Haha I was worried I would reference a 90's TV show or quote a nineties saying and no one would know! Are you living in halls?
Hi Everyone!!

Hi!

I'll also be starting UWE in September for Child Nursing! Hopefully will be living at Glenside if my student finance allows me to :smile: I'm 23 already,will be 24 in November so I'm also another oldie! Haha :smile: Where are you moving from? Did you do the Access Couse?

Amy x
Haha I was worried I would reference a 90's TV show or quote a nineties saying and no one would know! Are you living in halls?

No, I am going to be commuting from Cheltenham (worried face), but I did halls for my first degree and they were one of the best experiences of uni. Not so great for studying but I totally recommend it :-)
Original post by silly_amy
Hi!

I'll also be starting UWE in September for Child Nursing! Hopefully will be living at Glenside if my student finance allows me to :smile: I'm 23 already,will be 24 in November so I'm also another oldie! Haha :smile: Where are you moving from? Did you do the Access Couse?

Amy x

Haha oh cool :smile: I thought there would probably be a few people around my age going into nursing! I am, it's hard work lol are you?
Haha oh cool :smile: I thought there would probably be a few people around my age going into nursing! I am, it's hard work lol are you?

Yeah that's the good thing about nursing, you can study it and work it at any age really :smile: Yeah I did the Access to Nursing course which I completed last year but didn't get any offers so I tried again this year and luckily UWE offered me a place :smile: So excited for it to start as it will soon come around! I'm moving from Plymouth so only 2 hours away :smile: What about you? x
Original post by silly_amy
Yeah that's the good thing about nursing, you can study it and work it at any age really :smile: Yeah I did the Access to Nursing course which I completed last year but didn't get any offers so I tried again this year and luckily UWE offered me a place :smile: So excited for it to start as it will soon come around! I'm moving from Plymouth so only 2 hours away :smile: What about you? x

Im excited to start the course too, bristol also looks like an awesome city to live in! I'm moving from Andover which is about 2 hours away too, a bit nervous about living in halls because I've heard mixed things about them but thought it would be easier to be near everything and to not worry about bills! And I've heard child nursing is more difficult to get into because they have less spaces, some girls on my course and going through the same thing with midwifery and child nursing. Are you living in halls? Xx
Im excited to start the course too, bristol also looks like an awesome city to live in! I'm moving from Andover which is about 2 hours away too, a bit nervous about living in halls because I've heard mixed things about them but thought it would be easier to be near everything and to not worry about bills! And I've heard child nursing is more difficult to get into because they have less spaces, some girls on my course and going through the same thing with midwifery and child nursing. Are you living in halls? Xx

Yeah and it's so close to places like Cardiff, so many things to do in Bristol :smile:Also the children's hospital was a main reason of accepting the offer :smile: Ahh that's cool, same distance as me then :smile: Yeah the Glenside accommodation is lovely! Only thing that worries me is the cost of halls so hoping my maintenance loan and nhs bursary will be of good help! Working loads of hour so I can put some money aside! Yeah I'm going to be applying for Glenside halls, my friend lives just around the corner in a house share so luckily she's nearby also! Are you applying for Glenside halls? Yeah child nursing is competitive due to lack of places, but UWE have a lot more places for child nursing than some universities. They are also doing February intakes now as well as September which is new as they didn't offer that last year! X
Hey! I've applied for Child Nursing and currently got three offers back. No from Liverpool John Moores due to lack of experience with adolescents; however, have two interviews for Edge Hill and Uni of Manchester, I am sooo scared! :frown: They're on the 10th and 11th, I'm so nervous thinking of them!
Reply 92
Yes I'm 29 and so if I take up my offer I will feel pretty old! Ha not sure about living in tho! X
Original post by Dannaaay
Hey everyone! I got an interview for child nursing on the 16th Dec from UWE and 2nd Dec from Oxford Brookes - anyone else? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did your interview go and what things did they ask, I have an interview tomorrow for child nursing at UWE but so nervous!!

Abbie x
Hi all,
I've just been offered a conditional place for Sept 15 for Adult Nursing! Going to be a young 33 when I start! :smile:
Hi everyone!

I've just been given an unconditional offer for September 2015 for Mental Health Nursing! :smile: So happy.
Only had my interview on Tuesday and thought that I had totally messed it up but obviously not so very pleased.. It was the only university I applied for too so I guess I put all my eggs in one basket but it's worked out for the best!

Would be nice to hear from anybody who has been offered a place for this course! I live in Gloucester so will not be moving into the halls as I can travel everyday (only 45 minute drive)

Best of luck to everyone with getting in! UWE seems like a really friendly and great place to study and I am looking forward to the next 3 years.. I will be nearly 23 years old when I start! Better late then never :smile:

x
Reply 96
Original post by mrsflipflop
Hi all,
I've just been offered a conditional place for Sept 15 for Adult Nursing! Going to be a young 33 when I start! :smile:

I have been offered a place in Swansea for child nursing. I am going to be a young 36 lol xx
Hi, I've got an interview on Thursday (26th) for child nursing so any advice would be super appreciated! This thread has been super helpful so far hope all of you did ok!
Reply 98
Original post by Arizonaaa
Hi, I've got an interview on Thursday (26th) for child nursing so any advice would be super appreciated! This thread has been super helpful so far hope all of you did ok!

I didn't realise they were still interviewing! Blimey it's a long process :smile: I've got an offer from UWE for child nursing and I'm unsure whether I'm going to put it as my firm or insurance, but definitely one of them! UWE interviews, compared to my others, were very relaxed and people were really friendly when showing me about. So I'd say the most important thing would be to stay informal. Obviously be polite and respectful with a little formality because it's an interview, but keep in mind that compared to the other university interviews they were less formal. My interview was Dec 2nd so I can't really remember much else, but I hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arizonaaa

Hey Arizona, I was in your group for interviews last Thursday 26th! (Nadya) Have you heard back yet? I'm so nervous!

x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending