The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Last time I went on a feminist rant I got blocked from the thread. :frown:
I am ashamed of this but I get really angry and upset inside when English people say that I am Irish or from Ireland.

I try and say nothing most of the time to avoid any problems..

It probably sounds petty but if you lived here you'd understand that NI is quite different to ROI.

I don't like being part of the EU and the laws that they pass.
Original post by Maths and cheesecake
Education should be free !!

making education cost an arm and a leg is nothing different to practising eugenics on the society, targeting only us poor folks. It breaks my heart.

I agree.
Original post by sexion d'assaut
My most controversial view? Homosexuality is wrong and is a deviance. Not trying to attack the militant homos here but this is my honest opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my god don't start me on how daft you are! Do you seriously think people would pretend to be gay? Sorry but i'm sure most gay people would be straight if they could be.
I think being being homosexual is unnatural and pathological as someone mentioned previously, also
I am not Charlie
The dress is white and gold
Original post by Frostyjoe
I am ashamed of this but I get really angry and upset inside when English people say that I am Irish or from Ireland.

I try and say nothing most of the time to avoid any problems..

It probably sounds petty but if you lived here you'd understand that NI is quite different to ROI.

I don't like being part of the EU and the laws that they pass.

I also have to deal with this: every time someone calls me Irish, I give them a rather detailed explanation of events from 1905-1925.......The problems of being from NI :smile:
Original post by a320airbus97
I also have to deal with this: every time someone calls me Irish, I give them a rather detailed explanation of events from 1905-1925.......The problems of being from NI :smile:

I have tried to explain but they just look at me as if I have two heads so i've kind of given up and just pretend i'm from Ireland (roi). I am not an uptight person but this really does annoy me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Environment and conservation should be of a higher priority than the economy and general development.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Britain needs to deal with criminals more firmly. That's all I'm prepared to say...
I think that there should be more of an emphasis on supporting paedophiles to suppress their urges in a way that doesn't automatically demonise them like society normally does. I don't by any means advocate the kind of behaviour and activity that such people may endorse or take part in, but I think that if there are people who are genuinely battling harmful urges and recognise the impact that this is having on them, that there should be some sort of programme (be it therapy, meetings or whatever) to allow them to explain their difficulties so that the likelihood of them going out and committing a major sex offence is greatly reduced. Therefore I think people who are suffering detrimental sexual urges (such as paedophiles, rapists or other minorities) should be treated psychologically, as harmful fetishes can be considered a psychological disorder in my books.

People are very quick to judge - but actually, if you think for a moment, there are undoubtedly people out there who feel ashamed of their sexual urges and don't want to act on them, but they feel like there isn't really anything they can do to help it. Imagine being one of those people (also applies to homosexuals decades ago when people were much less accepting.)

Another thing: I think that sexual offenders should not be named publicly unless they are formally charged. Even if someone has had sexual abuse allegations against them which have turned out to be false, they have still been tarred with the same brush even after those accusations have been subsided.
(edited 9 years ago)
The world is round.

Since when?
Original post by aiko777
I think being being homosexual is unnatural and pathological as someone mentioned previously

If your birth year was the same as your IQ, I'd have asked if you knew Jesus personally.
Original post by Andy98
Bisexuals are just greedy....

Posted from TSR Mobile

What? :lolwut:
Original post by Asklepios
It's a disorder of reproduction, specifically sexual attraction. It is clearly not a choice, and many studies have implicated a genetic component. Some would argue that a certain proportion of the population being gay actually confers overall reproductive benefit (something to do with demographic stability I'm not quite sure), but other diseases may also be beneficial in some aspects - CF and cholera, Sickle-cell and malaria.

However, what is important is that gay people should still have rights and be treated with respect. Like we don't make fun of the physically disabled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that you are probably right that homosexuality has an evolutionary purpose - population control, like the many other factors which nature had produced in insure balance on this planet (be it unsuccessfully).

However I object to it being seen as some kind of genetic disease. (I am also all for gay couples having children). Being gay does not course a dis-ease of the body. It is not a stifle on living a full and healthy life, full of love and a for-filling sex life. It is no disability. It is no judgement on the genetic make-up of the person or there suitability to reproduce.

We must not see healthy loving relationships as abnormal or a mistake.
Original post by dyslexicvegie
I think that you are probably right that homosexuality has an evolutionary purpose - population control, like the many other factors which nature had produced in insure balance on this planet (be it unsuccessfully).

However I object to it being seen as some kind of genetic disease. (I am also all for gay couples having children). Being gay does not course a dis-ease of the body. It is not a stifle on living a full and healthy life, full of love and a for-filling sex life. It is no disability. It is no judgement on the genetic make-up of the person or there suitability to reproduce.

We must not see healthy loving relationships as abnormal or a mistake.

disease doesn't necessarily have to affect quality of life or life expectancy. The simple definition is "atypical biological functioning."

Homosexuality used to be in DSM, and it was removed for political reasons not medical ones.
I don't believe babies should be baptised or entered into a religion. I believe that they should make up their own minds when they are older.
I agree with the above!
Reply 1358
Original post by Frostyjoe
Sorry but i'm sure most gay people would be straight if they could be.

Please refrain from speaking on behalf of others in this way, especially when you're completely wrong.
Original post by sro
Please refrain from speaking on behalf of others in this way, especially when you're completely wrong.

Well what about people who have always wanted a girlfriend and a family and then discover that they are gay and can't have children? I am sure they would love to be straight.

Why do you think it takes some people so long to come out?

( I am not anti gay I am just giving my view and evidence)
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest