The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Early Primary Education&Accommodation

Hey, I am 90% sure that Northumbria is going to be my firm choice for Early Primary Education. I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas on the best halls to stay in? I'll be moving over from Northern Ireland so I'm definitely looking for nice rooms with en-suite! And extremely sociable as I won't be home an awful lot. I'd prefer accommodation relatively near the civic centre therefore I can get the shuttle bus to coach lane campus for classes!
Reply 1
Original post by annagray
Hey, I am 90% sure that Northumbria is going to be my firm choice for Early Primary Education. I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas on the best halls to stay in? I'll be moving over from Northern Ireland so I'm definitely looking for nice rooms with en-suite! And extremely sociable as I won't be home an awful lot. I'd prefer accommodation relatively near the civic centre therefore I can get the shuttle bus to coach lane campus for classes!

Hi there! Unfortunately I can't offer any expert advise.. but I was just wondering where else you'd applied to?:smile: (and I will probably lurk around as I'm interested to know the answer myself)
I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm edging towards Northumbria as my firm too so I thought it'd be nice to say hello! (Hello! Haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Hey! Lol! I applied to Stranmillis, Liverpool and Brighton! Yourself?
Reply 3
Hey! Lol! I applied to Stranmillis, Liverpool and Brighton! Yourself?

2 in Stran, Stirling, Glasgow and then Northumbria of course :smile:
Where are you thinking for your insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Elle.B
2 in Stran, Stirling, Glasgow and then Northumbria of course :smile:
Where are you thinking for your insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure!! You?:smile:
Reply 5

I'm in the exact same position as you! Are you any closer to deciding about accommodation? I'm thinking Liberty Quay but I don't know how that compares with the shuttle service etc, I'm just so confused :confused:
Hi everyone!

Just to let you know, our Coach Lane Campus shuttle bus stops off at New Bridge Street, which is less than 5 minutes walk from New Bridge Street Residence, Liberty Quay and Manor Bank, and it is also less than a 10 minute walk from Camden Court, Victoria Hall and Glenamara House.

It then goes from New Bridge Street to Civic Centre, and then onto Coach Lane Campus. You can also access the bus outside of Stephenson Building too.

If you need to know any more please don't hesitate to get in touch,

Thanks!

Sarah
Reply 7
Original post by Northumbria University
Hi everyone!

Just to let you know, our Coach Lane Campus shuttle bus stops off at New Bridge Street, which is less than 5 minutes walk from New Bridge Street Residence, Liberty Quay and Manor Bank, and it is also less than a 10 minute walk from Camden Court, Victoria Hall and Glenamara House.

It then goes from New Bridge Street to Civic Centre, and then onto Coach Lane Campus. You can also access the bus outside of Stephenson Building too.

If you need to know any more please don't hesitate to get in touch,

Thanks!

Sarah

Hello

I'm just double checking that my course definitely leads to recommendation of QTS, if I meet the requirements at the end of my course.

I am just about to make my firm choice and when I went onto Northumbria and saw, 'Early Primary Education' I thought I'd better make sure it was with QTS even though I'm pretty positive that was said at the interview.
Original post by elliec_
Hello

I'm just double checking that my course definitely leads to recommendation of QTS, if I meet the requirements at the end of my course.

I am just about to make my firm choice and when I went onto Northumbria and saw, 'Early Primary Education' I thought I'd better make sure it was with QTS even though I'm pretty positive that was said at the interview.

Hi elliec_,

In just three years studying Early Primary Education BA (Hons) you will achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) as accredited by the National College for Teaching and Leadership of the Department for Education.

Thanks,

Sarah
Reply 9
Hey again!
Just popping back in to see if either of you had picked accommodation/firmed your offer? I think I'm going to pick Northumbria as my firm and possibly edging towards New Bridge Street or Camden Court?
Original post by Elle.B
Hey again!
Just popping back in to see if either of you had picked accommodation/firmed your offer? I think I'm going to pick Northumbria as my firm and possibly edging towards New Bridge Street or Camden Court?

I've firmed Northumbria :smile: I've been looking at New Bridge Street too! Also like Liberty Quay :smile:
Original post by Elle.B
Hi there! Unfortunately I can't offer any expert advise.. but I was just wondering where else you'd applied to?:smile: (and I will probably lurk around as I'm interested to know the answer myself)
I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm edging towards Northumbria as my firm too so I thought it'd be nice to say hello! (Hello! Haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't accepted anything yet, but I'm thinking of putting my firm choice for Northumbria and I am from Northern Ireland too! Haven't really looked at the accommodation as need to confirm first but are you able to choose? I thought you just said what type you wanted then they choose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending