The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Aww you too :hugs: make sure you get lots of rest and liquids :smile:.

It is nasty when you're ill physically it really makes you more vulnerable psychologically so just avoid all stress if poss. Get some nice films on the go or whatever will chill you out and let you recuperate :h: x

Yeah think i'm going out for lunch with mum soon, which should be good! I can get some soothers then as well for my raw throat! I am slowly getting better, it's just very slowly. Yeah exactly, I always end up feeling worse mentally when i'm ill physically :/ Need to get on with uni work and need some sleep so hopefully we'll feel better soon!
I'm such an awful piece of **** I push everyone away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me and Callan have had to put our name down for a new flat. Its getting beyond a joke where we stay. We don't have a buzzer door on our block of flats so anyone can just walk in through the big door downstairs and often we get neds (chavs in England I think you guys call them) coming into the close, shouting, swearing, drinking, kicking people's door etc. Well this happened again on Friday and it was the worst its ever been. It happened at 3am and they were the loudest I had ever heard anyone in the close and they were kicking everyone's doors, kicking the railings, screaming and screeching and what was worse, kicking their dog. You could hear it yelp in pain and that is what really got to me. I was for going out and kicking them. The police came and all that jazz but its never made any difference and ends up happening again and again. I've complained to the council before and they have put their foot down and said we will never get a buzzer door and we should just keep calling the cops when trouble happens. I've reached the end of my tether. It terrified my cats too. Its not good for my anxiety. I dread coming home now and I barely sleep at night because I am worried about what might happen.

Also, someone on my FB page made this status and it made my blood boil. This is coming from someone who has suffered from depression herself, you would think she would be less likely to make mental health as an insult or dig. I'm a superfan of Star Trek so it annoyed me because of that too. This was coming from someone who just drinks and parties all the time. Some would argue that is a bigger waste of money - Superfans of Harry Potter or any kind of crap WHY??? God you sound like a stalker with mental health issues or you might just be bloody nuuuuuuuuuuuuuts!!!! can think of better ways to spend my ££££ on & time grrrr

Urgh I'm just really scunnered and ranty today. Hope everyone is well and has a good day :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard

Spoiler

I am, I'm bad tempered and horrible and I say things that come out wrong and then people hate me :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I am, I'm bad tempered and horrible and I say things that come out wrong and then people hate me :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's okay to get bad tempered sometimes though, especially with your mental health being bad, it messes with your head so it's so much easier to get wound up by things! im sure people don't hate you either, I say things that come out wrong all the time but hopefully if you explain people will understand! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nobody hates you sockle. :lovehug:
just had my bloods taken for the bone marrow thing, feels funny that I'm walking around with a biohazard in my rucksack haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone been to a crisis house?
just had my bloods taken for the bone marrow thing, feels funny that I'm walking around with a biohazard in my rucksack haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get to go in a level 1 containment lab twice a week. If there's a fire alarm we have get out lab coats off and go stand away from everyone else that is evacuated :biggrin:
The bone marrow thing is awesome, which register are you on? I joined antony nolans a few years ago and got a call in summer from them that turned out to be fundraising.
Original post by Valvopus
I get to go in a level 1 containment lab twice a week. If there's a fire alarm we have get out lab coats off and go stand away from everyone else that is evacuated :biggrin:
The bone marrow thing is awesome, which register are you on? I joined antony nolans a few years ago and got a call in summer from them that turned out to be fundraising.

hehe we get to do a sterile lab next year, have to wear the suit things and be all decontaminated :tongue:

I'm on Anthony Nolan too, I just woke up to a text from them last week saying they needed to speak to me urgently :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noodlzzz
Has anyone been to a crisis house?

Yeah I've been in one a few times. I've always found it a lot more helpful than hospital - in the one I was in you had more contact time with staff, you worked intensively on your care plan and you still were able to go out and do things you would normally do, so it's not as boring. Obviously depending on how you are doing you may need a more secure environment but crises houses in my opinion are very good and helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been depressed since I was about 16/17, and still am now at the age of 23. Good lord, when will this end? :sad:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Been depressed since I was about 16/17, and still am now at the age of 23. Good lord, when will this end? :sad:

Long time no see! :hi:

I'd really urge you not to give up yet - I had a similar time of it from 17-25 or so, but these last couple of years things have really fallen into place. :smile: I've decided to work in mental health (waiting to hear about the start date for my new support worker job! :jive:), I've got an offer to study occupational therapy, and I'm really happy in my personal life too.

It can take a while, years even, but eventually you'll find the right way forward for you. :hugs:
I've had a tough day today, not sure if i can do this anymore...
Original post by IDukem
Oh gosh, I'm sorry if I caused you to be scared about your future, I didn't mean too if I did :frown: I hope the psychologist helps you pathway, rain or shine we're here for you :h: This may sound so ignorant but what's UN? I've had 3 hours sleep so I'm probably just tired and forgot :colondollar:

Awww thank you, vice-versa too :hugs:

Nah, it's ok. You didn't. :h: UN is just shorthand for username (I'm too lazy to write it out lol). Oh, no, how come you slept so little? :console:

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest