The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
I've had a tough day today, not sure if i can do this anymore...

:hugs: Hope you have a better tomorrow.
very bad day today. Can't be bothered to hide it anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

How are you? :penguinhug:
Original post by superwolf
Long time no see! :hi:

I'd really urge you not to give up yet - I had a similar time of it from 17-25 or so, but these last couple of years things have really fallen into place. :smile: I've decided to work in mental health (waiting to hear about the start date for my new support worker job! :jive:), I've got an offer to study occupational therapy, and I'm really happy in my personal life too.

It can take a while, years even, but eventually you'll find the right way forward for you. :hugs:

Hello superwolf :wavey:. Thanks for the reply. Congrats on getting better and all the things you've achieved :smile: :hugs:

I dunno, I'm always feeling some sort of dissatisfaction in my life. It's got to the point where I'm wondering if I really care much about anything or not. I just feel so down nearly all the time. Lonely too. I just feel so different to everyone and can't seem to make or keep any close friends that I have stuff in common with. I go clubbing alone cos I don't know who I could call up to go with often, and my boyfriend doesn't like clubbing. It's confusing as well, cos I have my boyfriend who I'm madly in love with and feel happy being with him, but something still feels quite not right with my mind.

I've recently had my dose of citalopram increased from 20mg to 30mg, so seeing how that helps. I'm also on a waiting list for CBT. Dunno what much else to try really apart from exercising when I can be bothered.
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Hope you have a better tomorrow.

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

How are you? :penguinhug:

Oops, sent it before I even wrote anything :facepalm:

Spoiler

Not sure really. Just all over the place at the minute in general and really ridiculously low, plus rubbish physically today which isn't surprising but not very helpful! I'll be alright though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pathway
Nah, it's ok. You didn't. :h: UN is just shorthand for username (I'm too lazy to write it out lol). Oh, no, how come you slept so little? :console:

Phew! I didn't want to get in your bad books :h: Ahhh I getcha haha, I'm like that too to be fair form time to time :tongue: A mixture of feeling ill and having lots on my mind :colondollar:

I spoke to la girl today and you can tell we're much closer than we were before and we were pretty close. So moving on shouldn't be too hard after all...although every once in a while it hits ya :redface:

I hope everything's all right with you! :hugs:

Original post by kiera28

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stay strong lovely! We believe in you :h: :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Ah that is tricky. Try any other GPs in the practice, or give the lady doc another go but this time explaining everything in as much detail as you can muster! Try and get the Tuesday one - this all needs to be nipped in the bud asap. You need and deserve so much more support than you are getting atm :frown: Be difficult if you have to and be firm in that you want help and you want it NOW :yep:

So I went to my tutor at uni today and explained everything - first thing she asked me was "do you feel depressed" - she wants me to book a doctors appointment ASAP so I managed to get on for Wednesday. I just don't want to be brushed off again :/ I got a different doctor this time thank god. I don't even know what to say to the doctor either :/
Original post by furryface12
Oops, sent it before I even wrote anything :facepalm:

Spoiler

Not sure really. Just all over the place at the minute in general and really ridiculously low, plus rubbish physically today which isn't surprising but not very helpful! I'll be alright though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I almost did that too. :ninja:

Spoiler

:frown: Boo, I'm sorry, being ill sucks! Definitely doesn't help MH stuff. :no: I'm not doing great either physically. Stupid EDS. :facepalm:

Original post by IDukem
Phew! I didn't want to get in your bad books :h: Ahhh I getcha haha, I'm like that too to be fair form time to time :tongue: A mixture of feeling ill and having lots on my mind :colondollar:

I spoke to la girl today and you can tell we're much closer than we were before and we were pretty close. So moving on shouldn't be too hard after all...although every once in a while it hits ya :redface:

I hope everything's all right with you! :hugs:

No, of course not! :hugs: :frown: Would talking help at all?

Yeah, can imagine it will! Glad you're still close though, it's great you've not lost her as a friend. :yep:

Mostly everything is ok, just struggling with the whole I have to go back home soon.

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
Haha, I almost did that too. :ninja:

Spoiler

:frown: Boo, I'm sorry, being ill sucks! Definitely doesn't help MH stuff. :no: I'm not doing great either physically. Stupid EDS. :facepalm:

Yeah, can imagine it will! Glad you're still close though, it's great you've not lost her as a friend. :yep:

Mostly everything is ok, just struggling with the whole I have to go back home soon.

Spoiler

At least I'm not the only one I suppose :redface:

Spoiler

It just kind of limits what you can do and makes everything worse, for me anyway. Sorry you're not good either :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Well a big reason was the girl, now that it's settled, I'm feeling a lot brighter :biggrin: The rest is just finding ways to keep me occupied and happy :smile:

I couldn't! She's just too fantastic to lose :h:

Aww Pathway :hugs: Is there anything you could do to distract yourself now and while you're at home? :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Been depressed since I was about 16/17, and still am now at the age of 23. Good lord, when will this end? :sad:

Original post by Midnightmemories
I've had a tough day today, not sure if i can do this anymore...

:hugs: to both!

Original post by kiera28

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hugs for you too! :hugs:

Original post by Silence_Will_Fal
So I went to my tutor at uni today and explained everything - first thing she asked me was "do you feel depressed" - she wants me to book a doctors appointment ASAP so I managed to get on for Wednesday. I just don't want to be brushed off again :/ I got a different doctor this time thank god. I don't even know what to say to the doctor either :/

Well done on going to your tutor - proud of you, that can't have been easy. Hopefully you won't be brushed off again this time :hugs:

Have you considered bullet pointing all your symptoms/everything you said in your original post about this, which I then responded to? Coz I certainly find it easier to shove a piece of paper in someone's face than to talk about things :colondollar:
Original post by IDukem
Well a big reason was the girl, now that it's settled, I'm feeling a lot brighter :biggrin: The rest is just finding ways to keep me occupied and happy :smile:

I couldn't! She's just too fantastic to lose :h:

Aww Pathway :hugs: Is there anything you could do to distract yourself now and while you're at home? :redface:

Spoiler

Ohh, yeah, that makes sense. Maybe a new hobby?

Not sure really, I'm just trying to keep busy with working for the exams I have in May...dunno if I'm gonna pass anything at this rate though. :s-smilie:
Finally have my inhalers so hopefully ill stop wheezing like a 80 year old chain smoker now!

Even managed a walk down to tesco today! That made me feel a bit better, but not good for my shins due to flat foot :sad:

Cheating with a chinese for tea now though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho

Cheating with a chinese for tea now though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You ordering extra for me? :teeth:

Spoiler

A stupid thread triggered me, now I'm dissociated and can't ground.
Original post by Pathway
A stupid thread triggered me, now I'm dissociated and can't ground.

:hugs: hope you're gonna be okay!
Original post by Pathway
Ohh, yeah, that makes sense. Maybe a new hobby?

Not sure really, I'm just trying to keep busy with working for the exams I have in May...dunno if I'm gonna pass anything at this rate though. :s-smilie:

I really like photography, so i'll carry on with that. Also I might try draw more :h:

This is for you!! :h:

[video="youtube;1k8craCGpgs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs[/video]

:hugs:
ugh ffs :cry: I give up. I give up I give up. everyones being ****ing me around no end I ****ing give up. everything is a pile of ****
Horrible migraine and a sense of feeling dizzy.

I also feel pretty worthless right now too, so yeah.

Latest