The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If Giroud scored against Monaco in the first leg, they'd of just said " It's only Monaco"
Original post by swirly
I actually think Giroud would fit in nice at Barcelona.

as an option to come off the bench and provide something different

Probably but they don't need him any more. They been playing different football to how they used to play before hand, they're much more willing to play on the counter and soak up pressure for periods compared to before when they were much slower playing the ball and more possession orientated. If anything a guy like Diego Costa or Benzema would be a good person to have, some pace, works the channels, runs in behind with good hold up and link up play. Essentially a stronger Suarez but with less technical ability.

Giroud would have been a good person to have last year though, but he doesn't fit in this current Barcelona system.
Original post by AR_95
If Giroud scored against Monaco in the first leg, they'd of just said " It's only Monaco"

OMFG YES! Was just about to post this!!!

When it was vs. United and Monaco away "the game was already over"

Against Liverpool "they were **** at defending at the time"

Against City "City didn't have Toure (like that ****ing matters to the striker)" or "city had an off game"

It's absolute *******s, seems like he can only prove himself by scoring against Chelsea to lose his reputation, seeing as if he does it in the FA Cup it's only against **** teams.

Let's be honest, the real reason is that he didn't cost over £25mil.

Costa: 36 appearances, 20 goals, 5 assists, 147 mins per goal (102 in pl)
Giroud: 27 appearances 17 goals, 4 assists, 100 mins per goal (96 in pl)

Costa failed to score in ALL ELEVEN Cup games this season, 7 of which were in the CL, flat track bully? Plus he's only scored against Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool all of which are **** at defending (by Giroud hater logic).

Here's a thought, maybe the best strikers in the world can score goals against good teams, but ALSO score against bad teams :eek:
Oh look, Liverpool players pulling out of international games left right centre, ****ing joke
Original post by AR_95

That's not true if he scored we would be playing Juve in the QF.
Original post by leinad2012
Oh look, Liverpool players pulling out of international games left right centre, ****ing joke

So now you must beat a team that's fast losing their key players (or will they have recovered by then?) Remember, Monaco a favourable CL draw beat you when they had several players out as well
Original post by shawn_o1
So now you must beat a team that's fast losing their key players (or will they have recovered by then?) Remember, Monaco a favourable CL draw beat you when they had several players out as well

No, I mean as normal Brenden is clearly telling them to withdraw so they get a 2 week break.

Sturridge with a hip injury, **** right off we all know that's complete *******s.
Lallana did have to go off at halftime. Sturridge is being assessed by the England medics not by Liverpool, so hasn't be completely ruled out.

You guys really need to beat Liverpool for both our sakes. If not the United-Arsenal at OT becomes a match of importance. Worst case, whoever loses misses out on CL football.
Original post by Fizzel
Lallana did have to go off at halftime. Sturridge is being assessed by the England medics not by Liverpool, so hasn't be completely ruled out.

You guys really need to beat Liverpool for both our sakes. If not the United-Arsenal at OT becomes a match of importance. Worst case, whoever loses misses out on CL football.

Lovren has pulled out too apparently, when the **** was he injured?
Lovren has pulled out too apparently, when the **** was he injured?
Is he really an asset though? That's like us pulling Evans off international duty.

EDIT: has occurred to me they could be preempting Skrtel getting a ban, which he should was intentional, which would mean they could be forced to bring Lovren in.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel
Is he really an asset though? That's like us pulling Evans off international duty.

True, at least Stampy G won't be ruled out now he has a nice 3 game lay off after the internationals.

I'm sure we'll see Sterling getting a "muscle injury" and jetting off to the Caribbean to get some "medical treatment" in the next few days. And they wonder why people laugh so hard when they **** up
Original post by Fizzel

EDIT: has occurred to me they could be preempting Skrtel getting a ban, which he should was intentional, which would mean they could be forced to bring Lovren in.

We have Toure who can cover though.
To be frank, if Woy is incapable of telling Liverpool where can shove there ideas of getting special treatment, then he isn't a capable national manger. He should be ringing up Brenden telling him to sling his hook, and that his players will be playing a full 90 minutes whether he likes it or not
Looks like no Skrtel then GET IN!!

Given how the owl has injured pretty much every Liverpool player he's come in to contact with, can you really blame Rodgers for doing that? Especially Sturridge who is absolutely vital to their run in. Let's be honest every club does it. Ferguson did it countless times, Mourinho's done it, Wenger's probably done it too.

Don't agree with internationals taking place at this time of year, it's a ****ing joke.
Original post by sr90
Given how the owl has injured pretty much every Liverpool player he's come in to contact with, can you really blame Rodgers for doing that? Especially Sturridge who is absolutely vital to their run in. Let's be honest every club does it. Ferguson did it countless times, Mourinho's done it, Wenger's probably done it too.

Don't agree with internationals taking place at this time of year, it's a ****ing joke.

I agree having them now is just stupid, but I don't like favouritism towards certain teams, which appears to be happening tbh.

I wouldn't worry for Sturridge, he won't be starting anyway...
I agree having them now is just stupid, but I don't like favouritism towards certain teams, which appears to be happening tbh.

I wouldn't worry for Sturridge, he won't be starting anyway...

Sturridge would get injured though like what happened in training last time.
Original post by samir12
We have Toure who can cover though.
Surely you'd still want Lovren around though? If you play a back 3 again, which seems likely, who would be your bench option at CB?

Looks like no Skrtel then GET IN!!
No excuses for your boy Giroud then.
In terms of our game with Liverpool, no Gerrard and no Skrtel is always a good thing, Skrtel is a monster against us. Toure isn't half bad though, so still a tough game.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel

No excuses for your boy Giroud then.

Definitely not, he has to perform, and I have full faith in him

Latest