The Student Room Group

I

Ju
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by nidah y
Anybody know what the biology empa 2015 is on or anybody thats done it?! Mines on friday and i have no idea what it could be like. Help!! :confused:

AS or A2?
Reply 2
Original post by Hudl
AS or A2?

AS
Reply 3
Original post by Hudl
AS or A2?

Do you happen to know about A2?
Reply 4
Original post by Fiizzler
Do you happen to know about A2?

Do you know about AS?...my story is complicated
Reply 5
Are you doing A2 but resitting AS?
Reply 6
Original post by Fiizzler
Are you doing A2 but resitting AS?

No first time AS
Reply 7
Original post by nidah y
No first time AS

The centre you are sitting your exams with should have given you a rough outline of what you will be doing, if they haven't I would contact them and ask.

If they say they are not allowed refer them to the BIO 3X (2013) teachers notes on the AQA website which says
"Candidates must not be given information about the EMPA until one week before Task 1. One week before Task 1, teachers may give their candidates the following information.
You will investigate the effect of surface area to volume ratio on the uptake of a substance.In addition, you will need to understand the following topics:

l diffusion
l the effects of emphysema on lung function
l cigarette smoking and the risk of coronary heart diseasel size and surface area
l gas exchange.

There must be no further discussion and candidates must not be provided with any furtherresources to prepare for the assessment. "

Reply 8
Original post by nidah y
Anybody know what the biology empa 2015 is on or anybody thats done it?! Mines on friday and i have no idea what it could be like. Help!! :confused:

Hi,
I have my empa in two weeks time, I don't know anything about 😱 what were the questions like? Was it really hard? What should I revise? Help please😱😱😱
my empa is on red cabbage as an indicator, does anyone have any tips? I would be so grateful, got a U in my isa so last chance😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do bar charts get awarded marks if the mark scheme asks for a line graph? (Task 2 Garph question)
Reply 11
My task next week is and is on the extraction of pigment from red cabbage cells to investigate stomach pH.
Reply 12
Original post by Molly.lever
When is your EMPA? I did task 1 yesterday and have my task 2 today, so I can give you advice :smile:

What was on Task 1?
Original post by wardsoph
What was on Task 1?

The best advice I can give you is too google red cabbage pigment experiment (look for bang goes the theory) It has some really useful info on what comes up on task 1 :smile:
Hey can anyone tell me if there are any questions on task 2? I don't want to know any specifics, just whether I need to revise Unit 1 and 2! Thanks!
The best advice I can give you is too google red cabbage pigment experiment (look for bang goes the theory) It has some really useful info on what comes up on task 1 :smile:

A youtube video that does the practical might help!
Do bar charts get awarded marks if the mark scheme asks for a line graph? (Task 2 Garph question)

Have you done task 2? :smile::smile:
When is your EMPA? I did task 1 yesterday and have my task 2 today, so I can give you advice :smile:

could you give me any help with how to prepare for task 2 please x
Original post by raahimaziz
Hey can anyone tell me if there are any questions on task 2? I don't want to know any specifics, just whether I need to revise Unit 1 and 2! Thanks!

Hey, I have done practice EMPA's over the year in biology and task 2 has just consisted of another experiment, calculations & a graph :smile:

how do you know the marksheme asks for la line graph?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending