The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blamethenargles
Follow your dreams, brew some tea, type stuff

I might have a go this weekend.
Original post by Bude8
Idk, stupid as hell man. The first number I called said they only do NI numbers for working related things, if you want a NI number for a student loan you need to contact a different department - which no one seems to know the location of...

So you don't need a NI for student finance? I did tell them I needed it for work so that's probably what got me in.

If you don't need one for finance, that would be why nobody knows how to help you :tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
I might have a go this weekend.

Maybe you could write about how insignificant we are?
IC 1101 is the biggest known galaxy...

Ahhh **** I don't have valid UK passport for student finance.

Original post by Bude8
Maybe you could write about how insignificant we are?
IC 1101 is the biggest known galaxy...

Wow didn't know the Milky Way was such a small galaxy. I don't think I can turn that into a compelling tale though:lol:.
Original post by Red Fox
Ahhh **** I don't have valid UK passport for student finance.

Wow didn't know the Milky Way was such a small galaxy. I don't think I can turn that into a compelling tale though:lol:.

I did student finance with out a passport. You can just send your birth certificate off with a form from someone who knows you :smile: bit of a pain but works all the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone here have Trivia Crack? It's going around my school and I've succumbed :indiff:
Original post by _Caz_
I did student finance with out a passport. You can just send your birth certificate off with a form from someone who knows you :smile: bit of a pain but works all the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's just another extra thing to do though.

Can I just get one of my teachers to countersign the form?
So do I need to make a student account now or what?
Original post by Red Fox
So do I need to make a student account now or what?

Bank account?

I'm pretty sure that has to wait until after you have your results and a confirmed uni place
Original post by Tibbz2
Bank account?

I'm pretty sure that has to wait until after you have your results and a confirmed uni place

Alright thanks, so when student finance is asking for bank details I can change it to a different account later?
Original post by Bude8
Anyone here have Trivia Crack? It's going around my school and I've succumbed :indiff:

Is that an app?
Original post by Red Fox
Alright thanks, so when student finance is asking for bank details I can change it to a different account later?

Yup! I just skipped that :tongue:
Original post by MangoFreak
Is that an app?

Yup

Original post by Red Fox

I had to do something similar for my British citizenship application, you should be able to get your teacher do it but do check for any intricacies in the application.
Original post by Tibbz2
Yup! I just skipped that :tongue:

Cheers
Original post by Bude8
Yup

I had to do something similar for my British citizenship application, you should be able to get your teacher do it but do check for any intricacies in the application.

I really can't be arsed to do this:lol:. I tried to sign my parents up and do all their stuff but they already have accounts apparently from when my sister did it so they need to ring up student finance tomorrow and reset their passwords. It would be so much simpler to print off a form, fill it in and post it.
Original post by Red Fox
Cheers

I really can't be arsed to do this:lol:. I tried to sign my parents up and do all their stuff but they already have accounts apparently from when my sister did it so they need to ring up student finance tomorrow and reset their passwords. It would be so much simpler to print off a form, fill it in and post it.

Ceeb for paperwork too man. I bet I'll forget to fill in a form in block capitals at least once :lol:
My job interview is on Thursday and I have no ****ing idea what to do :lol: help!
Original post by Red Fox

I think so yep :smile:. I know librarians can do it as well. I got a family friend to do mine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MangoFreak
My job interview is on Thursday and I have no ****ing idea what to do :lol: help!

J read up on what they do, and have ideas about their work. What you enjoy about it, why you think you'd be suited to the job and environment they work in. Any future plans related to it you may have
Original post by L'Evil Fish
J read up on what they do, and have ideas about their work. What you enjoy about it, why you think you'd be suited to the job and environment they work in. Any future plans related to it you may have

Yeah, I know really, I'm just nervous :tongue: Great thing about the Year in Industry scheme: interview/CV workshop + practice interview at the induction event! :biggrin: It was really helpful stuff.

The thing about these company websites is that they're all designed to sell the company to investors/clients, not tell applicants what the company wants. It's all corporate gibberish :lol:

No but it's fine really. Thanks though :smile:

EDIT: Oh! Technically this is a scholarship so I don't know what the hell they want tbh. I honestly don't even know what the job is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Singing exam Sunday. ..... D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest