The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Changing Course

Hi,

If I've applied, got an offer and put the uni as my insurance (for English) do you think i'd be able to change my course (to Law or Psychology + Law) and change it to my firm?
I have an offer from Southampton for Modern Languages at the moment and called them last Monday (16th) to ask to change to French and Music. They said to submit it in writing and they'd consider it, which I did but I haven't heard anything since so I'm getting nervous.

Not sure whether the fact that it's already your insurance would affect it or not, as I'm yet to firm or insure anywhere, but I can't see why it would.

Try giving them a call and see what they say - worst that can happen is a "no" :smile: good luck!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by emilialucy
Hi,

If I've applied, got an offer and put the uni as my insurance (for English) do you think i'd be able to change my course (to Law or Psychology + Law) and change it to my firm?

No harm in asking :smile:
Original post by emilialucy
Hi,

I think it would depend
have a look and see if either of the courses youd prefer to do are in the lists for extra (if you can); if they aren't then I doubt you would be able to - I do Criminology and Psychology and I was told that I couldnt drop the Criminology part even if I had achieved the entry grades for straight Psychology as it such an oversubscribed course. I can't say the same for law but I imagine it is also in high demand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending