The Student Room Group

Relationship Troubles Urgent Advice Needed

This may be long winded but anyone who takes the time to read and offer me some advice will be hugely appreciated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Get Out. Leave. Right Now. It's the end of you and her.
I'm afraid Shawn_o1 is right. If it's hurting you this much and she's not bothering to help the relationship herself then it's best to let her go. I'm assuming you're in sixth form so if you break up it's not the end of the world because if you're planning to go to uni or work you'll meet new people you will probably have the same interests and passions as you. it'll be hard but trust me, when you leave sixth form and start uni/work your whole life changes for the better :smile:
Reply 3
Neither of you sound happy. I think you'll either need to talk it out or go your separate ways
Original post by shawn_o1
Get Out. Leave. Right Now. It's the end of you and her.

It's too late (now) and he can't wait for her to be gone? :p:

@OP Have you made it clear to her how you feel about the situation? If she isn't apologetic for the kiss and you have communicated that it upsets you, then maybe you need to consider whether or not she is respectful of you as a partner. Also, a lack of trust will only continue to take its toll on your relationship. Make sure you're not holding on for what the relationship was in the past. Sometimes it's better to have happy memories than let things get sour.
Reply 5
mods are ****
Reply 6
Original post by Elizabeth96
I'm afraid Shawn_o1 is right. If it's hurting you this much and she's not bothering to help the relationship herself then it's best to let her go. I'm assuming you're in sixth form so if you break up it's not the end of the world because if you're planning to go to uni or work you'll meet new people you will probably have the same interests and passions as you. it'll be hard but trust me, when you leave sixth form and start uni/work your whole life changes for the better :smile:

Thing is I we are both so involved in each others family lives, I have a job at the same place both her and her father work, even if we were to break up its not just me whose affected and it makes other aspects of life awkward anyway but I understand what you are saying but I always thought that university wouldn't be too much of a problem to overcome..

Original post by uninspirational
It's too late (now) and he can't wait for her to be gone? :p:

@OP Have you made it clear to her how you feel about the situation? If she isn't apologetic for the kiss and you have communicated that it upsets you, then maybe you need to consider whether or not she is respectful of you as a partner. Also, a lack of trust will only continue to take its toll on your relationship. Make sure you're not holding on for what the relationship was in the past. Sometimes it's better to have happy memories than let things get sour.

Yes I have, I've tried to get her to understand that we both need to take the blame not just heap it onto the other person, she said earlier that she wouldn't change until I did so now I feel as though the whole relationship is dependent on my actions alone. And I agree but I still feel that there are happy memories to be had I just don't know if she does to or just wants us to phase out she can't seem to make it clear to me or I can't understand what she's been saying :/
Reply 7
Original post by mario2
mods are ****

???
End it. She cheated on you and no-one deserves that :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
End it. She cheated on you and no-one deserves that :smile:

Surely it would be stupid of me to end it over something that happened so long ago though??
Original post by BT2272
Surely it would be stupid of me to end it over something that happened so long ago though??

But you said yourself you don't think you could let it go and can't really trust her anymore. It isn't stupid because its your feelings.
Quite shocked she never even apologized, thats disgusting
I think you have to leave it but if you really don't want it to end then talk to her about this problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending