The Student Room Group

I've got rejected from most Sixth Forms

I've applied to 6 schools and 4 rejected me. My predicted grades are 2 A*'s 6 A's 2 B's and a C

Scroll to see replies

Original post by s.afiyyah
I've applied to 6 schools and 4 rejected me. My predicted grades are 2 A*'s 6 A's 2 B's and a C

Those are the GCSEs I actually got and I got offered a place at one of the best schools in my city :eek: My predicted grades were higher but I know people who've gotten in with all Bs so maybe it was your interview and personal statement :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
Those are the GCSEs I actually got and I got offered a place at one of the best schools in my city :eek: My predicted grades were higher but I know people who've gotten in with all Bs so maybe it was your interview and personal statement :s-smilie:
I just don't understand at all
Sixth forms in my area generally just accepted anyone. Even people that failed English and maths, as long as they agreed to retake them.
I just don't understand at all
Is it possible for you to ask for feedback? This is very strange :confused:
Reply 5
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
Is it possible for you to ask for feedback? This is very strange :confused:

They said I can appeal, but I just don't know what to say. Like my interviews have actually gone well
Reply 6
for being an idiot
Often depends on the amount of places they have available. If they have say 20 places and 60 applicants, then they can pick the ones they like the best. You've already been accepted into two I wouldn't worry about it too much.
They said I can appeal, but I just don't know what to say. Like my interviews have actually gone well

You could talk to your tutor or maybe a senior staff member at your school to help with your case and help you build up a suitable appeal.
Reply 9
Original post by will_jg
Often depends on the amount of places they have available. If they have say 20 places and 60 applicants, then they can pick the ones they like the best. You've already been accepted into two I wouldn't worry about it too much.

No I haven't! Two haven't replied yet, but I very much doubt they'd accept me either. Should I worry about it?
Reply 10
Original post by mario2
for being an idiot

:s-smilie:
No I haven't! Two haven't replied yet, but I very much doubt they'd accept me either. Should I worry about it?

Oh my mistake! I'd be shocked if all rejected you seeing as you have good predicted grades. What types of school are they? Grammar/private/comprehensive?

Were those 4 Grammar sixth forms? Are you Muslim?
Reply 13
Original post by will_jg
Oh my mistake! I'd be shocked if all rejected you seeing as you have good predicted grades. What types of school are they? Grammar/private/comprehensive?

I live in London so schools such as, St Dominics, St Marylebone, Woodhouse, Mill Hill and then I applied to Copthall. It's depressing me
Reply 14
Original post by Raymat
Were those 4 Grammar sixth forms? Are you Muslim?

Some are, and I am?
Some are, and I am?

It's not a surprise that you got rejected by them. Grammar schools/sixth forms are hard to get into.
I live in London so schools such as, St Dominics, St Marylebone, Woodhouse, Mill Hill and then I applied to Copthall. It's depressing me

Had a quick look at a few and Woodhouse, for example, "is a popular and oversubscribed" school. That's the first line on their website. I think simply the problem is that they get a lot of applicants and can't take everyone in. By the looks of things the schools you listed are decent so naturally will be competitive to get into.
Reply 17
Original post by will_jg
Had a quick look at a few and Woodhouse, for example, "is a popular and oversubscribed" school. That's the first line on their website. I think simply the problem is that they get a lot of applicants and can't take everyone in. By the looks of things the schools you listed are decent so naturally will be competitive to get into.

So do you have any advice on what I should do? I applied to an average school around my area but I don't want to go to far unless the education is worth the travel. So I'm really confused on what to do
Reply 18

thats strange because for woodhouse i got an interview with 3A* 2Bs and the rest As :/
So do you have any advice on what I should do? I applied to an average school around my area but I don't want to go to far unless the education is worth the travel. So I'm really confused on what to do

Make sure you get a place somewhere, even if it's not as good as you hoped it's better than nothing. You mentioned Mill Hill so I'm guessing independent schools are an option? There are plenty around London and you may find a lot of them are easier to get into then many state schools.

Quick Reply

Latest