The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Brunel or Nottingham Trent?

I want to study Journalism and have received offers from Brunel University and Nottingham Trent, I'm extremely torn between the two and have no idea which to put as my firm.

They both have their pros and cons but I really, desperately need some help in making my decision, where should I go?

What's going to benefit me more?
Reply 1
Hey,

I feel as if I can (kind of) speak with authority on this, as I started going to Brunel in September, but ended up leaving and am going to NTU in September of this year.

I feel this decision largely rests on how highly you rate the importance of the social aspect of uni. The reason I left Brunel is that it is EXTREMELY boring. Uxbridge has 1 ridiculously expensive and not very good club, Liquid, and there's an even worse but admittedly cheaper club, Academy, on campus. There aren't many good pubs either, the SU is pretty bad, and it's overall pretty depressing (and expensive) when it comes to actually doing anything. On the other hand, Nottingham is one of the liveliest cities in the UK, with some of the best nightlife.

That said, academically, it probably shades Trent on most subjects, so if purely academics are your thing, I'd go for Brunel.

Hope that helped even slightly!
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Vortex809
Hey,

I feel as if I can (kind of) speak with authority on this, as I started going to Brunel in September, but ended up leaving and am going to NTU in September of this year.

I feel this decision largely rests on how highly you rate the importance of the social aspect of uni. The reason I left Brunel is that it is EXTREMELY boring. Uxbridge has 1 ridiculously expensive and not very good club, Liquid, and there's an even worse but admittedly cheaper club, Academy, on campus. There aren't many good pubs either, the SU is pretty bad, and it's overall pretty depressing (and expensive) when it comes to actually doing anything. On the other hand, Nottingham is one of the liveliest cities in the UK, with some of the best nightlife.

That said, academically, it probably shades Trent on most subjects, so if purely academics are your thing, I'd go for Brunel.

Hope that helped even slightly!

Trent is the one that I sway most towards I reckon but the only thing that prevents me from confirming that as my choice is that Brunel is a London university and to study Journalism in London would be perfect, however the accommodation, nightlife etc all looks better at Trent. I just struggle to make my decision of where I'm going to be happiest.
Reply 3
Original post by harryhitchcock
Trent is the one that I sway most towards I reckon but the only thing that prevents me from confirming that as my choice is that Brunel is a London university and to study Journalism in London would be perfect, however the accommodation, nightlife etc all looks better at Trent. I just struggle to make my decision of where I'm going to be happiest.

Yeah, I can understand that. Only thing I would say about that is that Brunel is right on the outskirts of London, and I personally felt pretty isolated when I was there, it didn't really feel like London, if that makes any sense at all. That's just me though, not trying to make your mind up for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending