The Student Room Group

Help with diploma course!

Hi, I'm 17 years old and I would like to become a Veterinary Nurse. Due to not applying for uni this year, I was planning on having a gap year after my exams at the end of this year and applying for uni for 2016 entry. However, due to already having lots of work experience with animals and being on track to get the required grades in the summer, I thought It might be a good idea to apply for Veterinary Nursing apprenticeships/diplomas etc. where you don't go to university, just to college and trained in a practice?

I can't find much information about taking this route into the profession and wondered if anyone could help me/give me some information about it. I live in Derbyshire, and I'm not sure what colleges etc. do Veterinary Nursing diplomas which aren't too far away?

Do you apply for the diploma courses through UCAS? Because I thought If I could apply any time then It would save me wasting time having a gap year whilst waiting to apply through UCAS?

Any help would be appreciated...:smile:
Thank you
Original post by Izzy01

I can't find much information about taking this route into the profession and wondered if anyone could help me/give me some information about it.

Start here : https://www.rcvs.org.uk/document-library/veterinary-nursing-careers-leaflet/

HND and Diploma courses, plus apprenticeships in Animal Care at Derby College - but be aware that to do a degree afterwards you will need good GCSEs, and for some Unis (Bristol) also A level Chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending