The Student Room Group

9 exams, can I do it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bishopdon123
Sounds like a plan, let's go get these grades!

Haha! Yeah! I did alot of revision for the mocks in January, so I've got about half of each course covered, but for the main things, I really need to get going!

What are your exams?
You should be fine, you only have 9 exams after all and 4 of those are AS.

I have 18. One of those is an AS chemistry resit, but the rest are quite difficult.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by curious-student
Haha! Yeah! I did alot of revision for the mocks in January, so I've got about half of each course covered, but for the main things, I really need to get going!

What are your exams?

Ahh yeah that's at least a start, you know what you've got to do so I guess it's up to you to do it.
BIOL1,2,4,5
CHEM 1,2,4,5
HIS3M

Yourself?

Original post by morgan8002
You should be fine, you only have 9 exams after all and 4 of those are AS.

I have 18. One of those is an AS chemistry resit, but the rest are quite difficult.

18 exams woah, what are they?

18 exams woah, what are they?

A2 further maths: FP2, FP3, FP4, M2, S2
A2 physics: G484, G485
A2 chemistry plus AS resit: F322, F324, F325
A2 biology: F214, F215
STEP: STEP I, STEP II, STEP III
IGCSE English: 1
IGCSE English: 1, 3
Reply 24
I have 14, all AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm resitting all my As exams on top of my A2 ones. I kind of regret it now! I don't know how I'm gonna cope.
(edited 9 years ago)
I have 9 exams this summer, 4 AS and 5 A2, looking to really get my teeth stuck into revision this week. First exam is on the 21st May.
Require ABB at least for my offer but I am hoping and willing to work towards getting better.

Anyone in the same boat as me? (Exam quantity wise, if yes/no do let me know!)

I did 10, it's not impossible!
Reply 27

How so?! That's insane, unless it's GCSE then I understand

I'm taking 7 A level subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by devangdave
Retaking: M1, M2, C2, C3, C4, G481 and G482

Doing: FP1, FP2, FP3, M3, M4, M5, G484 and G485.

WOW! but it's not impossible I know a guy who had to do the exact same thing last year and got accepted into Southampton.
Original post by Saltedcaramel1
WOW! but it's not impossible I know a guy who had to do the exact same thing last year and got accepted into Southampton.

Really, just want to do as well as I can. Firmed an offer from Exeter, which has me needing A*AB, which I reckon I should get. Be weird if he's doing engineering as well, because then he's me, but he's not me?
Original post by morgan8002
A2 further maths: FP2, FP3, FP4, M2, S2
A2 physics: G484, G485
A2 chemistry plus AS resit: F322, F324, F325
A2 biology: F214, F215
STEP: STEP I, STEP II, STEP III
IGCSE English: 1
IGCSE English: 1, 3

That's mad, best wishes for them all!

Original post by TirnanF
I have 14, all AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope you kill them.

Original post by Wolftablet
I'm resitting all my As exams on top of my A2 ones. I kind of regret it now! I don't know how I'm gonna cope.

You'll be fine, we all will, just got to put in the work now.

Original post by MissLalaxx
I did 10, it's not impossible!

Well done if you got what you wanted/needed after those 10! Yeah I'm hoping to make it possible

Original post by aersh8
I'm taking 7 A level subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dedication, lets go get the results now mate
Yh
I have 13,
3 AS Resits,
7 A2 Exams,
Extra 3 for AS Further Maths on the side. Need AAB for my firm, so I guess I should just avoid caring about the AS FM.
Original post by devangdave
Really, just want to do as well as I can. Firmed an offer from Exeter, which has me needing A*AB, which I reckon I should get. Be weird if he's doing engineering as well, because then he's me, but he's not me?

LOOOL he is doing mechanical engineering I think it's because of the subject choices. Good Luck :smile:
I have 7 3 a2 and 4as resits last year I had 14 and blame it on me not getting my offer lol! As long as I get ABB this year (from BCC) I will get into a good course for law and should get into my firm as that's what they wanted in clearing last year and also means there will be no funding issues. I feel for the people with loads of exams, you will struggle so focus less on learning the content and more on learning what they want to see in the answers. Looking back in hindsight I would have done that more last year
I have 9 exams this summer, 4 AS and 5 A2, looking to really get my teeth stuck into revision this week. First exam is on the 21st May.
Require ABB at least for my offer but I am hoping and willing to work towards getting better.

You seem very determined, this is really good; and honestly, I think you can definitely do it.
I have 17 exams, but the thing is, the first 4 maths exams are very easy so little to no revision is needed for them.
You should start revision from easter.
Original post by Hinicetomeetyou
I have 13,
3 AS Resits,
7 A2 Exams,
Extra 3 for AS Further Maths on the side. Need AAB for my firm, so I guess I should just avoid caring about the AS FM.

Yeah I'd focus less on the further maths but still work to get a good grade in them. Work for that AAB.

Original post by neal95
I have 7 3 a2 and 4as resits last year I had 14 and blame it on me not getting my offer lol! As long as I get ABB this year (from BCC) I will get into a good course for law and should get into my firm as that's what they wanted in clearing last year and also means there will be no funding issues. I feel for the people with loads of exams, you will struggle so focus less on learning the content and more on learning what they want to see in the answers. Looking back in hindsight I would have done that more last year

Hope you get into your firm! Yeah you've got to play the game with these exams, examiners are very specific so need to put down what they're looking for like you said.

Original post by gagafacea1
You seem very determined, this is really good; and honestly, I think you can definitely do it.
I have 17 exams, but the thing is, the first 4 maths exams are very easy so little to no revision is needed for them.
You should start revision from easter.

Thank you, yeah as I said I'm feeling to start from this week which is basically Easter. Best wishes for your 17, hope they all go to plan!
Reply 37
ahh, so glad I am not the only one with so many exams!
I know some people who only have one, haha!
Reply 38

I have 15 (which scarily is only one exam less than Year 11!). I'm sure you will just be fine - you are starting revision now which should be enough time!
Reply 39

I had 16 exams and I survived :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest