The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kolasinac138
Your opinion means nothing because you are Jewish and hence heavily biased.

So you're saying that the moment you believe in something you're not allowed to argue for it? There are many Jews who disagree with Israel's policy. The stupidity behind your attempt to make my arguments invalid is strong.
Original post by felamaslen
There isn't really any such thing as international law. Who decides those laws, and who enforces them? If it's the UN then we know it's a farce, because the UN is a tyrants' club and nobody should listen to a word they say. I support free, democratic societies, and from everything I've seen, the Israelis are the only people in the middle east (with few exceptions - notably the Kurds, and obviously voiceless minorities) who actually want that.

I thought we were talking about the pragmatic consequences of allowing a Palestinian state to exist.

Where I lose my alliance with Zionists is in the "Jewish state" aspect of Israel. I don't support it because it's the Jewish state, I support it because it's the democracy. In my view, the best solution would be for everyone in the occupied territories (or whatever you want to call them) to become Israeli citizens, but I know that not many people share that view, unfortunately.

Now you're just ignoring reality because it's inconvenient to your logic. NEWSFLASH: Israel is most a definitely a Jewish state. That is it's entire purpose. As an unfortunate consequence Israeli Arabs face well documented civil rights issues.
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
So you're saying that the moment you believe in something you're not allowed to argue for it? There are many Jews who disagree with Israel's policy. The stupidity behind your attempt to make my arguments invalid is strong.

Badly worded. Is there any reason you support Israel other than that you're Jewish/Islamophobic?
Reply 6703
Original post by anarchism101
Netanyahu: If I'm elected, there will be no Palestinian state

So yeah, Israel all in favour of peace? Yeah, right.

Israel offered many times a state to the Palestinians yet they have always rejected it of pure Islamism.
Original post by Kolasinac138
Badly worded. Is there any reason you support Israel other than that you're Jewish/Islamophobic?

I'm Islamophobic? What?!
Do you know any history at all? Your first statement is a pathetic attempt to make Israel look like a country which lives for war, thirsty for the blood of Palestinian children.
I haven't even bothered reading the rest.

yep you pretty much nailed it there.
the amount of pictures i have seen of children hit by snipers bullets in their heart- no accident.
Original post by zgb1
Israel offered many times a state to the Palestinians yet they have always rejected it of pure Islamism.

When was it last offered and on what terms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hdindak
yep you pretty much nailed it there.
the amount of pictures i have seen of children hit by snipers bullets in their heart- no accident.

Most pictures are taken from the Syrian conflict. Israelis are not trained to shoot children.
Most pictures are taken from the Syrian conflict. Israelis are not trained to shoot children.

That's funny since there are videos of them doing just that. In one you even see the IDF man imitate the shot child.

Posted from TSR Mobile

they are trained to shoot and then they use that as they want
Original post by anarchism101
That doesn't answer my question. Islamists' views may be reprehensible, but that doesn't make those views the core problem of the entire conflict.

This is a classic war between democrats and totalitarians.

False, they are trained to shoot humans, and hence babies.
There are reports from UNICEF mentioning how soldiers molested Palestine kids. And some people have the DUMB-ACITY to claim Israeli soldiers are not trained to shoot children

Give me a bloody break
White House: Israel’s ‘50-year occupation’ must end now

The White House has called on Israel to end its “50-year occupation” of the West Bank and East al-Quds (Jerusalem), criticizing Tel Aviv over its continued settlement activities in the occupied Palestinian territories.

In a speech to an American Jewish advocacy group in Washington on Monday, White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough said, "An occupation that has lasted for almost 50 years must end, and the Palestinian people must have the right to live in and govern themselves in their own sovereign state.

"
“Israel cannot maintain military control of another people indefinitely, that's the truth,” McDonough said at the final event of J Street’s 2015 conference, a three-day gathering of American Jewish students, activists and lobbyists.“Palestinian children deserve the same right to be free in their own land as Israeli children in their land,” he said.

A two-state solution will finally bring Israelis the security and normalcy to which they are entitled, and Palestinians the sovereignty and dignity they deserve.”
In a war in 1967, Israel captured the West Bank and East al-Quds. Since then, Tel Aviv has continued to expand its illegal settlements there. The issue has become a major obstacle for the efforts to establish peace in the Middle East.The UN and most countries regard the Israeli settlements as illegal.

The settlements are subject to the Geneva Conventions, which forbids construction on occupied lands.
In his speech, McDonough also condemned Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over his dismissal of a two-state solution for Israelis and Palestinians.“The United States will never stop working for a two-state solution and a lasting peace that Israelis and Palestinians so richly deserve,” he said.

He said Netanyahu’s rejection of a Palestine state as well as his approval of illegal settlements in the occupied territories for the strategic purpose of changing the borders are “so very troubling”.He censured Israel for its settlement activities in the occupied Palestinian territories, warning that it “would only contribute to Israel’s further isolation.”

On Tuesday, Netanyahu clinched a divisive victory in national elections. His rightwing Likud party won 30 of the 120 seats in parliament, against 24 for rivals in the center-left Zionist Union.Netanyahu made opposition to nuclear negotiations with Iran a centerpiece of his reelection campaign. He also rejected the idea of a Palestinian state, which has been a key element of US foreign policy.McDonough said, “America’s commitment to a two state solution is fundamental to US foreign policy.”“We will look to the next Israeli government to match words with action and to policies that demonstrates a commitment to a two state solution,”

McDonough said.
"In the end, we know what a peace agreement should look like. The borders of Israel and an independent Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps," he stated.Palestinians are seeking to create an independent state on the territories of the West Bank, East al-Quds, and the Gaza Strip and are demanding Israel to withdraw from the occupied Palestinian territories.Tel Aviv, however, has refused to return to the 1967 borders and is unwilling to discuss the issue of al-Quds.More than half a million Israelis live in over 120 illegal settlements built since the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and East al-Quds in 1967.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/03/23/403110/WH-Israels-50yr-occupation-must-end
Remove Hamas before even consider giving Palestine a statehood.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Remove Hamas before even consider giving Palestine a statehood.

What about Israels army ..?
Original post by Tawheed
What about Israels army ..?

They're a) a state and b) not terrorists, so entitled to an army.
Well ... good luck with that pipe dream.
What is the Obama administration doing on foreign policy? Aggrevating Russia, cuddling up with the French causing damage to the special relationship; trying to bully the UK into not joining the Chinese, Utterly awful ISIS policy letting them expand with little intervention, nuclear negotation with Iran. And now they're attacking a legitimate liberal democracy? Have they done anything right?

These idiots are insane.

Latest

Trending

Trending