The Student Room Group

I'm a British Pakistani, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cake_lover
That is similar for the guys in the North (the Pashtuns, as many Pashtuns live in Afghanistan too)

There is perhaps some similarities, but for us we see ourselves as different, and tbh we have more in common culturally and historically with Indians. (Depending on which region from Pakistan you are from I guess).

I believe there is some hatred, but I'm not too knowledgeable on the reasons for it

perhaps pashtun control afghanistan despite there being like 5 ethnic groups, kinda of same for punjabi in pakistani, but that's what you get for dominant group, i think there are some charactersitic different, punjabi people more liberal, even here pashtun people are known to be more aggresive, but warrior like? lol my family are in northern afghanistan
Reply 41
That is similar for the guys in the North (the Pashtuns, as many Pashtuns live in Afghanistan too)

There is perhaps some similarities, but for us we see ourselves as different, and tbh we have more in common culturally and historically with Indians. (Depending on which region from Pakistan you are from I guess).

I believe there is some hatred, but I'm not too knowledgeable on the reasons for it

Pashtuns don't like the fact that Pakistanis always insult them and think of them as being stupid. They also feel as if Pakistani's have drifted far away from Islam. There are obviously more reasons but I know of these two.
Reply 42
Original post by PPF
My question: Do you like Heera Mandi? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Don't think I've been there. Is it full of prostitutes? (that what google said)
Reply 43
Don't think I've been there. Is it full of prostitutes? (that what google said)

Lol. Yeah its behind Baadshahi Masjid.
I've heard they've relocated though.
Chocolate cake or carrot cake?
Your interests?
Do you like lassi?
Sajid Javid or Sadiq Khan? Who do you prefer?
Reply 48
So yeah ask away!

(Also, all opinions are my own, I cannot answer for the whole of the British Pakistani population or all Muslims)

>British Pakistani

Are you British ?
Reply 49
Or Afzal Amin?
why did pakistan lose to australia.

ffs
Reply 51
Original post by nuraf
perhaps pashtun control afghanistan despite there being like 5 ethnic groups, kinda of same for punjabi in pakistani, but that's what you get for dominant group, i think there are some charactersitic different, punjabi people more liberal, even here pashtun people are known to be more aggresive, but warrior like? lol my family are in northern afghanistan

There is a stereotype that they're are short tempered, must have been great warriors in the old days lol. I've not met any Pashtuns before though. I have no issue with Afghanistan myself.
Reply 52
Original post by PPF
Pashtuns don't like the fact that Pakistanis always insult them and think of them as being stupid. They also feel as if Pakistani's have drifted far away from Islam. There are obviously more reasons but I know of these two.

Drifted from Islam in what way? Lots are Pakistani's are becoming more Islamic I think.

Pakistani's do stereotype a lot, shouldn't read too much into it though :tongue:
Reply 53
Original post by PPF
Lol. Yeah its behind Baadshahi Masjid.
I've heard they've relocated though.

Behind a Masjid? What a great location lol
Reply 54
Original post by coolgirlaamy
Chocolate cake or carrot cake?

Definitely Chocolate cake!
Reply 55
Original post by inachigeek21
Your interests?

football, gaming, music etc
Reply 56
Original post by Graceful_Lawyer
Do you like lassi?

Mango lassi ftw!
Reply 57
Original post by Ravenous
Sajid Javid or Sadiq Khan? Who do you prefer?

Sadiq Khan, cos Labour. (Don't know too much about them tbh)
Reply 58
Original post by demx9
>British Pakistani

Are you British ?

Yes, born and raised in Britain, but ethnically and my parents are from Pakistan.
Reply 59
Original post by PPF
Or Afzal Amin?

definitely not!

Quick Reply

Latest