The Student Room Group

I'm a British Pakistani, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Graceful_Lawyer
Lol haha. I get tbh, it can be awkward sometimes. Its not for me cos me and my siblings always somehow in between convo end up talking in Urdu. Its like if we don't mix up the 3 languages,our convo remains empty lol.

And haha lol that was so funny. The Punjabi actor looked perfect Punjabi lol. He didn't had to fake it up.

That's nice lol, must never get boriing then!

Diljit Dosanjh? he's a singer too, cool guy.
Original post by cake_lover
It's silly, I'm sure most Indians would love to see guys like Wahab Riaz in the IPL :/

Never tried it there. It was a nice city though, man I'm missing Pakistan now :biggrin:

I'm sure too. Multan is known for its soon halwa. Its amazing. I want that NOW! :|

I miss Pak Sar Zameen so much too! Haven't been there from 6 years now! :'(
oh dear lol, this video may help :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3qP0hqM86k

Lmao ironically, I've decided to go uni at age 23! Well 24 after access course :smile:
That's nice lol, must never get boriing then!

Diljit Dosanjh? he's a singer too, cool guy.

Lol. I don't know. I've never really thought about it being boring or not tbh. Its just the way it is.

And yeah that guy. I always fail to spell and pronounce his surname. Yeah he's a good singer too.
Kyunke app mere fav cricketer ko fazool keh rahi/rahay hain! :|

And Ajmal is obviously the best! But Wahab Riaz isn't bad either.

Oranje!!!!
Original post by PapiLanez
Lmao ironically, I've decided to go uni at age 23! Well 24 after access course :smile:

So your mum wants you to get married to your cousin back in Pakistan and how would this help you? Anyways, will pray for you cos you need it haha. Good luck! I thank the Lord that I don't have guy cousins in Pak or else I could have been in your state too lol.
I'm sure too. Multan is known for its soon halwa. Its amazing. I want that NOW! :|

I miss Pak Sar Zameen so much too! Haven't been there from 6 years now! :'(

I gotta try it then :tongue:

It's been 6 years for me too, I just enjoy chilling on the manjaa, miss it so much.
Oranje!!!!

Hain? I'm confused now. :/
Hain? I'm confused now. :/

Nederland >>>

so you're doing something right! So difficult to change parent's minds. My mum planned to get me married to my cousin, convinced her not to though, just by being moody and saying "no!" constantly, not sure it'd work for girls though :/
So your mum wants you to get married to your cousin back in Pakistan and how would this help you? Anyways, will pray for you cos you need it haha. Good luck! I thank the Lord that I don't have guy cousins in Pak or else I could have been in your state too lol.

Lol its not going to help me, if anything it'll ruin our lives as I have not feelings towards her.
P.s I've explained this to my mum but she just cares about her rep
I gotta try it then :tongue:

It's been 6 years for me too, I just enjoy chilling on the manjaa, miss it so much.

Can't believe you haven't tried it. Its so yummy!

Oh cool. I know I miss the manji, I miss everything tbh. I remember my Phopho making dood soda every night and forcing us to drink it. She once gave me giant glass of dood soda and after I drank it, she gave me a glass of khaalis dood. I was like 'Phopho :/'. But that was all so cool. I actually miss the rickshaws. I miss everything! :'(
so you're doing something right! So difficult to change parent's minds. My mum planned to get me married to my cousin, convinced her not to though, just by being moody and saying "no!" constantly, not sure it'd work for girls though :/

This is exactly what I'm doing hopefully every thing works out or else I'll get to have 2 wives like Mr.khan from east is east :biggrin:
Nederland >>>

App tou waqe rehne de. Confused me even more. :/
Do you guys live in villages as well?
App tou waqe rehne de. Confused me even more. :/

Holland aur Germany dushman hai like India Pakistan
Can't believe you haven't tried it. Its so yummy!

Oh cool. I know I miss the manji, I miss everything tbh. I remember my Phopho making dood soda every night and forcing us to drink it. She once gave me giant glass of dood soda and after I drank it, she gave me a glass of khaalis dood. I was like 'Phopho :/'. But that was all so cool. I actually miss the rickshaws. I miss everything! :'(

I wish I appreciated my time there when I was younger, had some great times, especially the food :cry2:
Good night lady and gent I've got work tomorrow :frown:
Lol its not going to help me, if anything it'll ruin our lives as I have not feelings towards her.
P.s I've explained this to my mum but she just cares about her rep

Omg brother, will certainly pray for you. I hate desi parents when they force their children! And most of the times its all cos of their izaat in their khaandaan! :| Like they can compromise on 2 people's life but wouldn't compromise in their jhooti anaa! :|

My dad is very open minded in this matter tbh, which is astonishing lol. He told me he wouldn't mind if I choose a husband for myself. Obviously not in a haram way, e.g. dating and stuff. Astagfirullah. The point he was trying to make was that he trusts me as he knows I'd chose a pious husband.
This is exactly what I'm doing hopefully every thing works out or else I'll get to have 2 wives like Mr.khan from east is east :biggrin:

Good ol' polygamy eh? haha

Quick Reply

Latest